Injury report

which is why a redshirt has always been possible, regardless of what has been said otherwise on here

I would probably let him play if he can go starting with the Georgia game. We need wins this year to be bowl eligible and our defense needs more players. If he can help us get to 6 or 7 wins I would not red shirt him. Now if he's not ready before Bama, then hold him out. jMHO.

He was running alongside Cam Sutton and jumping with him after his pick 6. Did not appear to have any limp or hinderance. Not sure what to think of this. If his calves were truly swollen, then it would have to be a liver or kidney issue caused by infection making fluid to pool up in his lower extrimities or a heart or vascular issue where blood is not fully pumping back up his legs. The heart/vascular one would likely keep him from returning so I never thought it was that. Based on the 2 month timeframe Butch gave us, I always speculated it was a grade three calf sprain or fluid buildup from an infection. We most likely wont know until he is close to coming back, and there is a good chance we will never really know

whatever

He was running alongside Cam Sutton and jumping with him after his pick 6. Did not appear to have any limp or hinderance. Not sure what to think of this. If his calves were truly swollen, then it would have to be a liver or kidney issue caused by infection making fluid to pool up in his lower extrimities or a heart or vascular issue where blood is not fully pumping back up his legs. The heart/vascular one would likely keep him from returning so I never thought it was that. Based on the 2 month timeframe Butch gave us, I always speculated it was a grade three calf sprain or fluid buildup from an infection. We most likely wont know until he is close to coming back, and there is a good chance we will never really know

He's been really quiet on twitter too...

Give me one other possible reason his calves would swell up without any reduction after three days and he would be out for two months. Anything other than a sprain or the two things I mentioned in my first post will do.

Obviously if this is Mo couch situation, where heat exhaustion issues are used to cover up something else, there may be another explanation.

Just did a quick online search for any mention of Pigs injury. No mention anywhere but here.

be surprised if Curt is able to play.. they are still saying he is not 100%

Prefer to have CM healthy prior to beginning conference play.

The Oregon has some significance to for recruiting purposes and on the national stage but with upcoming conference games against UF, UGA, SC and Bama...we need him more for that stretch of games rather than entering the Oregon game at less than full strength.

Reactions: 1 person
Jones made reference to people cramping up last night and said we were pretty healthy. Could this be all that was wrong with Pig?

Bowles had a stinger. Someone already said this. He was out there on the next kickoff after he came off. He's fine.

VN Store

Back