Insecurity on VN

The insecurity shows everytime I read a post about how some recruiting service or media outlet is is out to get us

Easy answer. Higher rated recruits that are committed lead to other highly rated recruits to take a serious look at our school. It doesn't make a recruit magically better, but it does aid in advertising the Tennessee brand.

Reactions: 1 person
Because he EARNED it..Jalen sat out MANY 2nd halves of games when he could have piled up some mindboggling numbers..And if what he accomplished is not 5* worthy then I know of a few over the last couple of years who weren't either..It's a matter of respect IMO..And a 5* rating would show it...
BTW, Other recruits do care about the ratings as a measure of how a school is doing and are drawn to successful recruiting classes...

JMHO

The insecurity shows everytime I read a post about how some recruiting service or media outlet is is out to get us

And the repetitive Vandy threads that keep popping up like crabgrass, dandelion, ragweed, and ticks on a stray country dog.

The only insecurity I see is on the part of the minority of fans who seem constantly worried about how other fans act.

Its a good question, I look at recruits more in groups (1-25,25 -50, ...) and they are being offered by. Its a good feeling to have a 5* kid, no doubt, but as long as your key recruits are in the target range to me that is all that matters.

considering a year ago we were fighting Furman and Montana for recruits I am happy with a class of 4* and high 3*

Um, who was deciding between UT and FCS schools?

Unfortunately, it matters more than anything to kids. If our class was full of 2 and 3 star diamond in the rough types, most of these real 5 stars wouldn't give us more than a passing glance.

Reactions: 2 people
Unfortunately, it matters more than anything to kids. If our class was full of 2 and 3 star diamond in the rough types, most of these real 5 stars wouldn't give us more than a passing glance.

We're not debating 2 and 3 star kids, we're discussing why some need to see Hurd go from a 4* to 5*.

Reactions: 1 person
Someone help me out. Why is it so critical that Rivals bump Hurd to a 5*? Why should we care? Those that have followed him know how good he is and making him a 5* doesn't change that one bit. Some of you will say that bumping him up will give our class a higher ranking....So? Again, who cares what the final ranking is? The staff that offers these kids know they can play and they are being offered by other top programs. So why are so many desperate for Rivals to like our recruits as much as we do? Its kinda embarrassing imo.

Unlike Butch, you just don't get it.

We're not debating 2 and 3 star kids, we're discussing why some need to see Hurd go from a 4* to 5*.

so....again....the point was that ppl feel that if Hurd and whoever else is a 5 star, it dramatically improves our positioning.

Someone help me out. Why is it so critical that Rivals bump Hurd to a 5*? Why should we care? Those that have followed him know how good he is and making him a 5* doesn't change that one bit. Some of you will say that bumping him up will give our class a higher ranking....So? Again, who cares what the final ranking is? The staff that offers these kids know they can play and they are being offered by other top programs. So why are so many desperate for Rivals to like our recruits as much as we do? Its kinda embarrassing imo.

It is embarrassing that people paste that no 1 class bs everywhere like we won something though. I get it. It's like leading half a lap at the Daytona 500 and popping champagne during the next pit stop.

Reactions: 2 people
It is embarrassing that people paste that no 1 class bs everywhere like we won something though. I get it. It's like leading half a lap at the Daytona 500 and popping champagne during the next pit stop.

:lolabove:

That's funny. I'v said it's similar to all the cars on the lead lap pit and your car stays out so you can lead 1 lap. It's June! UT is ranked #1 because they have the most commitments.

It's also like hearing a fans of the Cubs brag about Spring training.

When the dust settles 8 months from now will UT be #1?

If not, all of this popping champagne will look pretty lame!

When the true dust settles in Jan. 2018 will UT have any hardware in the trophy case? That's all that really matters.

This is the truth n shows just how our culture is instant gratification n hey look at me..look at me..

Its great to have this class this early but our performance on the field will go along way n how we finish..

:lolabove:

That's funny. I'v said it's similar to all the cars on the lead lap pit and your car stays out so you can lead 1 lap. It's June! UT is ranked #1 because they have the most commitments.

It's also like hearing a fans of the Cubs brag about Spring training.

When the dust settles 8 months from now will UT be #1?

If not, all of this popping champagne will look pretty lame!

When the true dust settles in Jan. 2018 will UT have any hardware in the trophy case? That's all that really matters.

While I understand and agree with your post, UT has to seize the momentum while its ours. If we can ride this wave well into the fall it increases our chances of being at the top come NSD - bash it all you want but its a good story that CFB fans in general see - NOT JUST UT FANS. It sends a message - sets an expectation and we need to raise the bar - this is where it starts.

While I understand and agree with your post, UT has to seize the momentum while its ours. If we can ride this wave well into the fall it increases our chances of being at the top come NSD - bash it all you want but its a good story that CFB fans in general see - NOT JUST UT FANS. It sends a message - sets an expectation and we need to raise the bar - this is where it starts.

Not bashing, but when you say, "ride this wave well into the fall" what exactly do you mean? Win games? Well, yes, winning games is the ultimate goal.

I posed the same question as fade did over a month ago...what difference does it make if Hurd and Kelly stay at 4 stars? Both are coming to UT and once they get on campus their expectations aren't going up or down depending on whether they are a 4 or 5 star.

Also, once they get on campus, no one on the field will care.

I'm not diminishing the importance of recruiting, I just think it's silly to get this wound up about 16-17 year old kids that won't be on campus for 14 months. I'd rather enjoy the 2013 season, the actual football season, instead of celebrating something that hasn't yet happened in the off-season.

We don't have time for diamonds in the rough unfortunately

What's embarrassing is Vol fans who have spent the last three years complaining about the Dooley era and the direction of the program. We finally get that change and the program changes direction and the same whiney fans complain about having a top rated class. Those fans suffer from Cattlemans disease. There's a cure though its called become a UConn fan.

What's embarrassing is Vol fans who have spent the last three years complaining about the Dooley era and the direction of the program. We finally get that change and the program changes direction and the same whiney fans complain about having a top rated class. Those fans suffer from Cattlemans disease. There's a cure though its called become a UConn fan.

"Tone..why we goin to have a statue of Pat Summitt when Geno is the best coach in women's basketball history?...Don make sense!"
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back