Introducing the UT '07 Class

Yes, Austin lists those 7 but we are not actually competing against all those schools because Illinois is not going to happen. Virginia and Maryland are on there because of location and that is about it. Florida State and Miami are on there because of tradition and weather. I think they had as good a shot as anybody before the seasons they are having. I still think one of those two could be a possibility though. USC is the team competing the most with UT for Austin. He is certainly not a lock, for anybody. But, to say our chances are slim is just not true.

from the Charlotte Observer

North Meck's Daryl Vereen has run for 1,649 yards and 22 touchdowns.

I think Virginia(or Maryland one) has a few of his ex-teammates playing for them. I don't think it will matter though.

Warrior, do you know anything about Kenny O'Neal a WR out of CC of San Fran..his scout profile says he runs a 4.26 and list us as high interest

i think that he transfered out of Fl. State.

He was supposed to have been a big shot WR when he went to FSU. I had wondered what happened to him.

The article says he was dismissed from the team for a violation of team rules. He was at FSU for 2 years.

He is a ultra-talent. Big time recruit out of high school that had his pick of about any school in the country. He chose FSU. He was a good punt returner while he was there, but never made a big impact at WR. He was in trouble multiple times. Eventually, he was dismissed for the good 'ol "violation of team rules" so I do not know exactly what his issues dealt with. I hear it was not going to class and poor grades, but I do not know if it extended past that or not. He has two years of eligibility remaining and as of right now he says his top 2 are UTK and Southern Cal. He is calling UTK his leader right now. He only has two years remaining so depth is a big deal with him. He likes the fact that Swain, Smith, and possibly Meachem are gone meaning he can get on the field early.

I think we have a very good shot at him and he is obviously talented. But, it almost sounds like we got rid of Brent S. and now we might be getting the same thing in this guy. I am a little unsure about him as of right now. I havent read any stories about how he has turned it around and corrected the problems he had at FSU.

do you think Schaffer would have been in as much trouble as he was if Coach Cutt had been here two years ago?

I just saw where Volquest has a video of B.J. Coleman highlights and an interview talking about his committment to UT. If someone would be so kind as to give us a Cliffs Note version I would appriciate it. Thanks.

It has been confirmed that Marvin Austin will be in for the LSU game, as will Gerald Jones, Ahmad Paige, and Cody Pope. More to come....

Just watched the video. I am telling you right now, stop worrying about stupid star rankings next to his name (He will be 4-star when they adjust rankings anyways). This kid has a big-time arm, great accuracy, good footwork and fundamentals, a big frame that will probably add 15 pounds pretty quickly, and a good head on his shoulders. He is 100% starting SEC QB material. I have seen video of both and the QB that will replace J. Crompton is BJ Coleman not Stephens.

This weekend is going to be HUGE for recruiting. This weekend could turn out to be what pushes this class into the Top 3-5 range.

Terrance Tolliver is also going to be in for the LSU game.

O, and Coleman won't be getting that 4th star this time around. JC Shurburtt said that the only player committed to us to gain a 4th star is Rufus Williams. Alot will move up to high 3 star status and move up the rankings, but not gain 4 star status yet.

Just watched the video. I am telling you right now, stop worrying about stupid star rankings next to his name (He will be 4-star when they adjust rankings anyways). This kid has a big-time arm, great accuracy, good footwork and fundamentals, a big frame that will probably add 15 pounds pretty quickly, and a good head on his shoulders. He is 100% starting SEC QB material. I have seen video of both and the QB that will replace J. Crompton is BJ Coleman not Stephens.

Thank you for the update. I wonder if we are recruiting his receivers. I heard that Bradford had an offer from Arkansas but haven't heard anything about Dozier.

I wouldnt get too excited, but #1 WR in the country T. Tolliver is on an official visit to Knoxville this weekend. Should be HUGE weekend for UTK.

Planting a seed most likely. All of them have more officials to take after this weekend so it is not too likely. If one was going to commit this weekend it would probably be Cadet.

My crystal ball is showing me the #1 Recruiting Class in the country...(star ranking represents end of season ranking). You think I am kidding, but wait and see my Nostradamus like skills at work.

5-Star
Dwight Jones, WR
Brent Vinson, WR
Craig Cooper, RB
Chris Donald, OLB
Marvin Austin, DT
Eric Berry, CB

4-Star
Rae Sykes, DE (sign and place)
Chris Walker, DE/OLB
Deshaun Barnes, OLB/S
Gerald Jones, S/WR (sign and place)
Art Evans, S/WR
Ahmad Paige, WR
Todd Campbell, WR
Roderick Davis, WR
Kaniela Tuipuloto, DT
CJ Fleming, CB
Dale Martin, RB
Dennis Rogan, RB/KR/PR (sign and place)
Daryl Vereen, RB/KR/PR
BJ Coleman, QB
Travaris Cadet, QB/ATH (sign and place)
Cody Pope, OL
Matt Romine, OL
Darris Sawtelle, OL

3-Star
Anthony Anderson, WR/S
Tyler Maples, WR/S
Josh Hawkins, RB/LB
Kevin Cooper, FB
Alonzo Winfield, OLB
Cory Hall, DE (sign and place)

1 more prediction true...Cory Hall just committed to UTK yesterday. Although, he is already qualified so he will not be a sign and place. He chose UTK over Auburn. 4.7 speed in a 6'4 255 pound package. Coulde play DE or even eventually DT, big frame.

The third player, at least, out of Chattanooga from 3 different schools. I hope we match that total in Memphis and Knoxville.

VN Store

Back