Iraq and Afghanistan Wars Not Worth It: Pew Research

What Was It All For: Veterans Have Finally Turned On America's Endless Wars

A major opinion poll’s results were released which demonstrated that fully two-thirds of post 9/11 veterans now think the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan "weren’t worth fighting."That’s a remarkable, and distressing, statistic and one that should give America’s president, legislators, media, and people as a whole, serious pause. Not that it will, mind you, but it should! It’s doubtful that US military combat vets – who are more rural, southern, and conservative than the population at large – have ever so incontrovertibly turned on a war, at least since the very end of Vietnam.

You mean fighting for daddy issues, poppy, and oil aren't worth it? Shocking

It is truly amazing how heroin was pretty much a low class low volume drug, and all of a sudden, it's back and worse than ever before......people say the "pill" epidemic and addiction and high prices for them vs. cheaper heroin is why, but, why isn't anyone trying to figure out why the hell this terrible drug just started flooding the country over the last decade......it is a little unsettling to think about the possibility of the governments role in this. Sad that it exists and worse that it is a growing issue.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
It is truly amazing how heroin was pretty much a low class low volume drug, and all of a sudden, it's back and worse than ever before......people say the "pill" epidemic and addiction and high prices for them vs. cheaper heroin is why, but, why isn't anyone trying to figure out why the hell this terrible drug just started flooding the country over the last decade......it is a little unsettling to think about the possibility of the governments role in this. Sad that it exists and worse that it is a growing issue.

We don't have to figure it out, we know why.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
We don't have to figure it out, we know why.

Don't want to accept it, it is truly unbelievable and beyond sad and uncomprehendable.

Money is great, lots of it is better, but, making deals with the enemy (idk, maybe, maybe with different factions....) and importing death calls for hangings.

Trying to imagine the depth of who and what is behind it is mind numbing as well, because it literally could be so high up it's utterly beyond maddening to think that people could be so shi*** as to deal with this stuff.

Now, here is an election topic that needs to be addressed, and looked into, and even if one of these dem candidates would do it, probably still wouldn't vote for them, but, would show a lot to have someone truly care about an issue as important as this and try and figure out what has happened.

Don't want to accept it, it is truly unbelievable and beyond sad and uncomprehendable.

Money is great, lots of it is better, but, making deals with the enemy (idk, maybe, maybe with different factions....) and importing death calls for hangings.

Trying to imagine the depth of who and what is behind it is mind numbing as well, because it literally could be so high up it's utterly beyond maddening to think that people could be so shi*** as to deal with this stuff.

Just look at the explosion of cocaine in the 80's, it's pretty similar. .gov is a party to it all

Just another reason for hating and having utter disdain for the entirety of D.C., people should be hanging for being involved in this.

Should just legalize it all. Takes the money out of the criminals hands.

But but but... in the 1980s when the CIA was funneling in cocaine through the black communities, no one seemed to have an issue. Now that this govt has turned the drug problem into the larger society, "just say no" doesn't seem to be enough.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Now, here is an election topic that needs to be addressed, and looked into, and even if one of these dem candidates would do it, probably still wouldn't vote for them, but, would show a lot to have someone truly care about an issue as important as this and try and figure out what has happened.
Tulsi Gabbard

I think, personal opinion mind you, most service members supported going into Iraq and finishing off what we started in 1991. I think the majority supported going after Al Qaeda after 9-11.

I don't think you're going to find many at all who will or would support what happened in the aftermath.

Taking Hussein out and finishing what we should have in 1991? Absolutely. I think many or most would have supported that and **** the Saudis and the UN for stopping us short. We had the support in 91, ****ing get it over with and to hell with the "strategic balance" in the Middle East.

Taking Hussein out in 2003 and then bringing in contractors and hundreds of thousands of foreign laborers to rebuild a country that very well could have rebuilt themselves? Endless occupation? Having to go back in because of the void that was left behind (as expected) as well as letting the central government dictate who we give arms to?

No, absolutely not. The majority of service members would likely agree.

Going after Al Qaeda in 2001 and kicking the **** out of them? Absolutely.

Endless occupation and attempting to install a Western style democracy in a land that's never been fully conquered and, quite frankly, doesn't want a western style democracy?

No, I doubt many would want that either.

Had we gone in with the express intent of:

A: Kicking the hell out of Al Qaeda via airstrikes and SOF raids and decimating their ability to make war and their desire to do so with zero occupation of Afghanistan as well as capturing/killing OBL

B: Toppling Hussein with the express intent of allowing the Shi'a, Sunni and Kurdish people the opportunity to determine their own fate as well as helping them rebuild their own country (like many Iraqis wanted to) with economic aid and a limited occupation until the locals got their feet under them

I think the majority of service members would agree to the above points. We were not prepared for generational warfare in Central Asia nor were we prepared for what happened in Iraq. We supported the initial cause, but not to the extent it warped into.

Shoulda nuked Afghanistan post 9/11 and never been in Iraq to begin with. JMO.

I think, personal opinion mind you, most service members supported going into Iraq and finishing off what we started in 1991. I think the majority supported going after Al Qaeda after 9-11.

I don't think you're going to find many at all who will or would support what happened in the aftermath.

Taking Hussein out and finishing what we should have in 1991? Absolutely. I think many or most would have supported that and **** the Saudis and the UN for stopping us short. We had the support in 91, ****ing get it over with and to hell with the "strategic balance" in the Middle East.

Should we even have been there in 1991? April Glasper and the Iraqis had spoken with each other weeks before the August invasion of Kuwait and Glasper assured the Iraqis that it was not an affair the US would be involved in.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back