Iraq and Afghanistan Wars Not Worth It: Pew Research

The movement of US assets from the US to Iraq has been going nonstop since yesterday. C-17’s up from Fort Bragg all day. The US is bringing hell with them. Hope this is just a show of force and we don’t have info of imminent threats.

Iranian Militia Leader Leading Iraq U.S. Embassy Raid Listed as Obama White House Guest

Iranian militia leader Hadi al-Amiri, one of several identified as leading an attack on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad on Tuesday, reportedly visited the White House in 2011 during the presidency of Barack Obama.

16165722694_84cf88ea91_c-640x480.png

On Tuesday, a mob in Baghdad attacked the U.S. embassy in retaliation against last weekend’s U.S. airstrikes against the Iran-backed Shiite militia Kataib Hezbollah (KH), responsible for killing an American civilian contractor. KH is one of a number of pro-Iran militias that make up the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF/PMU), which legally became a wing of the Iraqi military after fighting the Sunni Islamic State terrorist group.

President Donald Trump has since accused Iran of having “orchestrated” the embassy attack and stated that the government would be “held fully responsible.”

Militia Leader Who Led Raid on U.S. Embassy a White House Visitor

The movement of US assets from the US to Iraq has been going nonstop since yesterday. C-17’s up from Fort Bragg all day. The US is bringing hell with them. Hope this is just a show of force and we don’t have info of imminent threats.

We have to stop acting like the Iranians fear war with us because they don’t.

On top of this I now understand why Saddam was so iron fisted within his own country. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. This part of the world is so complex and the most self destructive out of a self destructive world. Just maybe he would be policing Iran himself. Another reminder that we should stop thinking we can cure the ills of the world.

Thanks Bush for getting personal.

Last edited:
Reactions: oz615
No I’m saying that Iran is setting a trap to draw up into or bring Iraq closer into their sphere of influence. And we just wouldn’t win a war with Iran.
Iran and Iraq are neighboring countries with some shared Shia ties. Wouldn't this be expected? Why is this any of our concern?

Iran and Iraq are neighboring countries with some shared Shia ties. Wouldn't this be expected? Why is this any of our concern?
They have been killing each other for too long for them to suddenly play nice and it not be the result of some outside actors doing things they shouldn't.

It's time to pull US Soldiers out of Afghanistan,Iraq and Syria

I’m fine with all that, but you realize they won’t just leave us alone, right? I think they believe it’s their destiny, or some other sick line of reasoning, to have some great, apocalyptic war with who they view as the Great Satan, us.

I’m fine with all that, but you realize they won’t just leave us alone, right? I think they believe it’s their destiny, or some other sick line of reasoning, to have some great, apocalyptic war with who they view as the Great Satan, us.
Sure

Eff those turds. I'm for pulling US military out of the middle east and all of Europe. Let the damn European Union figure out what to do with that sh!t hole because they have to live with it not us.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
You don’t think?
I'm to the point where the entire bogeyman scare tactics don't work on me anymore. I lose more sleep over the snakes we have crawling around here that are American born than I do some snakes in the Middle East.

We have plenty to concern ourselves about right here in this hemisphere, plus we are wasting blood and treasure halfway around the globe that could be better served right here at home.

If Russia or any other European power wants to fiddle around in the Middle East, let them have their turn in the barrel. America needs to get out and start rebuilding here at home.

Reactions: VolStrom

VN Store

Back