Is Dobbs

Nocleats

Is Dobbs a 1st or 2nd round MLB draft prospect, Any chance he goes pro baseball?

Dont matter we are TENNESSEE we will over come, dude has not set foot on the turf so what if he wants to play Baseball go we are Tennessee we will rule with Dobbs or without.

Reactions: 1 person
A kid as smart as him will have parents that would not dare let him go play AAA baseball instead of getting a degree.

Reactions: 5 people
Is Dobbs a 1st or 2nd round MLB draft prospect, Any chance he goes pro baseball?

I honestly feel he will stay three to four years and get that degree. He is very focused on his academic role as much as his athletic role.

Dont matter we are TENNESSEE we will over come, dude has not set foot on the turf so what if he wants to play Baseball go we are Tennessee we will rule with Dobbs or without.

right...just like we are ruling without him now. We need players like him badly. The We are Tennessee bravado will only get us so far and it isn't where we want to be.

Reactions: 1 person

that was cute 5 years ago...now it's time to face the fact: we suck right now, and we need all the players we can get

Reactions: 9 people
One of the main reasons he is coming here is to get his degree. I believe it is aeronautical engineering. He will stay until he has his degree. He is not counting on making a career in sports. This is not to say he could not if he wanted to but he is smart enough to have something to pursue that he really loves and is smart enough to do. We all seem to forget that very few college players get to the professional level but quite a few college graduates make a good living after they have finished their time on the campus. He has a good head on his shoulders. I would be very surprised if he did not show up.

Reactions: 2 people
One of the main reasons he is coming here is to get his degree. I believe it is aeronautical engineering. He will stay until he has his degree. He is not counting on making a career in sports. This is not to say he could not if he wanted to but he is smart enough to have something to pursue that he really loves and is smart enough to do. We all seem to forget that very few college players get to the professional level but quite a few college graduates make a good living after they have finished their time on the campus. He has a good head on his shoulders. I would be very surprised if he did not show up.

Exactly. Nothing else needs to be said. End thread.

Reactions: 4 people
:censored::censored::censored:
right...just like we are ruling without him now. We need players like him badly. The We are Tennessee bravado will only get us so far and it isn't where we want to be.

:flush::flush:

No telling.

He could be playing MLB for a million $ signing bonus using the "threat' of going to UT and playing college ball. With the new bats, NCAA baseball is much more the training ground that it used to be.

This would mean whoever does draft him might lose his rights to play for them. Keep in mind, the Atl Braves have two minor league teams no too far away from Alpharetta GA.

Todd Helton may be an informative example. If a kid thinks his financial future is in another sport, the first time he gets dinged on the football field, he will go to the other sport.

Todd Helton may be an informative example. If a kid thinks his financial future is in another sport, the first time he gets dinged on the football field, he will go to the other sport.

This.

If he's top 3 rounds in the MLB draft right now, he needs to go and make the money. Barring catastrophic injury in a car wreck or something similar, he will always be smart. People seem to forget that. any sport (or even factory work) you have a limited window you can do it. As long as you are smart, school is always an option.

I would say it's 50/50 whether Dobbs actually plays baseball at Tennessee. Dobbs said repeatedly during the recruiting process that he wasn't sold on playing both sports in college. Once he sees how much time goes into being a great SEC quarterback and a great student I think there's a very good chance baseball will be put on the back burner. It is extremely rare now that any athlete in the SEC plays both baseball and football especially a QB. Not saying it won't happen but with so much overlap with spring football practice I really doubt it. Dobbs has also said he wants to double major in aeronautical engineering and business.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back