Is it true all the money is coming in on Tennessee to cover, but they aren't moving the line?

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
I don't know how to see where the money is coming in, but it's definitely not good if money is still pouring into Tennessee and they aren't moving the line to get it to even.

Usually means Vegas sees something and they're happy for everyone to bet wrong.

Anyone know if this is true, or know where to see it?

I don't know how to see where the money is coming in, but it's definitely not good if money is still pouring into Tennessee and they aren't moving the line to get it to even.

I do not believe Vegas works that way. The want the money to be even. The key to being "the house" in gambling is to not gamble.

Vegas still isn't sold on us as a legit top 5 team. It's why our odds to win the national title are the 9th best. They think the public is overvaluing us. Usually when Vegas takes a side they're on the right side. But they aren't infallible. There are times the public destroys them. This will be one of those times. Look for Vegas to catch on after this game if we easily cover.

Oklahoma's getting five players back, including some OL and what they say is their best wide receiver, and they're playing at home. Oddsmakers are still getting that Tennessee money and are okay with it, so they must think Oklahoma's got a better chance with the injury returns.

If this causes anyone discomfort, remember that the line going into Tennessee-LSU in 2022 was -1.5 for the Vols.

I won't remind you what the final score was. I know you all know.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
What I mean to say is if there were money coming in on one side they would move the line.

Well that's the case MOST of the time, but not always. If Vegas is convinced all the money coming in is wrong, they will hold the line and let people make the wrong bet.

Now full disclosure, I saw this info about money still coming in on Tennessee on an Oklahoma message board, so it could be completely false. I just didn't know if there was a way to see if it's true or not.

But if it is true, it means Vegas is pretty dang sure we don't cover that spread, and that's alarming.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
Laying 7.5 on the road with a freshman QB against a quality opponent is usually a very hard line to cover …. And this game is in Norman, Oklahoma. This SHOULD be alarming.

But if it is true, it means Vegas is pretty dang sure we don't cover that spread, and that's alarming.

Not necessarily. Vegas could just be hung up on their preseason expectations for us. Sometimes betters can get the better of Vegas early in a season when teams vastly over or under-perform their preseason expectations. I think after we beat Oklahoma decisively Vegas will change their outlook on us. Right now they still think we're a fringe playoff contender rather than a surefire top 5 national title contender. And that's why they're holding firm despite an avalanche of money on Tennessee.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back