is the SEC better than the Big 10???

if i had to pick a big ten team for an sec team to beat horribly every year it'd be OSU cause i can't stand them and their THE Ohio State University garbage.

the big ten is by far better than the SEC. really. and I can prove it. check this out. the Big Ten has these teams...

Indiana
Northwestern
Purdue
iowa
Minnesota
Michigan State
Michigan

Now seriously, what conference can compete with that kind of domination? None.

the big ten is by far better than the SEC. really. and I can prove it. check this out. the Big Ten has these teams...

Indiana
Northwestern
Purdue
iowa
Minnesota
Michigan State
Michigan

Now seriously, what conference can compete with that kind of domination? None.

The sarcasm alert is at code red!

SEC = 2,451,723,845,830,579 X > Big Ten.

:wavey:

ncf_u_tebow_200.jpg

:lolabove:

Man I love Michigan's helmets. One of the best in CF. It's funny I have always been a closet Michigan fan and I even play with Michigan on NCAA 09 because no one will play me with UGA.

You really think the Big 10 will be the second best conference this year?

This year? No. I think that we're lucky to have the schedule that we do, because we've got a good possibility of going 9-3 in a completely rebuilding season. Aside from Ohio State, there's not a single team that should be challenging even for a top 10 slot. Wisconsin is ridiculously overrated, PSU as well. I'm not sold on Mendenhall-less Illinois with tZookster calling the shots, either. There's a giant hunk of mediocre right there.

We have talent, but a new system and no good fit at the QB slot. I like where we're sitting for 09 and beyond, but if this Michigan team is a top 3 team, the conference is DOWN.

The Big XII and possibly (ugh) Pac-10 are better this year.

At the present and in the near past the Big 10 can not compare to the SEC.

However, give Michigan a lttle time under Rodriquez, and the rest of the Big 10 will mimic, then the comparison might be made.

Top to bottom, SEC way ahead. That does not mean Vandy wouldcompete for Big 10 title, nor would Ole Miss of late, but Miss. St. would push the top 3 teams in Big 10, last year and for sure this year. OSU does not come out of the SEC E the last three years or 2004.

Are you talking about the same 2006 Buckeye team I am? UF ran them off the field and it had little if anything to do with anything other than UF being a vastly faster and better team. That same UF team could have and maybe should have lost to UT and LSU in addition to Auburn.

bullseye!

The Big 10? The Big 10 is composed of the SEC's bitch and then nine other teams that aspire to be as good as the SEC's bitch.

That's flat out lore. I will give OSU a ton of credit because 6 of the last 7 years they've beaten us. But, contrary to popular belief in Columbus, football did NOT begin in 2001. OSU has a long way to go before they catch up with us in the Big Ten. In the last 10 years, Michigan is 3 games better than OSU in BigTen play with 4 Big Ten titles (OSU=5). In the Tressel era, OSU is 1 game better than Michigan in conference play (which means, since they're [ugh] 5 games better in head-to-head play that Michigan is 4 games better than OSU against the rest of the conference.)

Plus, Michigan is 13-4 all-time against the SEC and 6-1 in the last 10 years.

But OSU is still completely and utterly owned by the SEC, which is very tremendous.

That's flat out lore. I will give OSU a ton of credit because 6 of the last 7 years they've beaten us. But, contrary to popular belief in Columbus, football did NOT begin in 2001. OSU has a long way to go before they catch up with us in the Big Ten. In the last 10 years, Michigan is 3 games better than OSU in BigTen play with 4 Big Ten titles (OSU=5). In the Tressel era, OSU is 1 game better than Michigan in conference play (which means, since they're [ugh] 5 games better in head-to-head play that Michigan is 4 games better than OSU against the rest of the conference.)

But OSU is still completely and utterly owned by the SEC, which is very tremendous.

I don't give a damn what Michigan did eight or more years ago any more than I give a damn what Tennessee did eight or more years ago (which is NONE). What I care about is the current situation. Those that live in the past get left behind. What is relevant to the current situation is what has been happening with each program recently. As I stated before, that makes Michigan Ohio State's bitch, and Ohio State is the SEC's bitch.

Last edited:
The Big 10? The Big 10 is composed of the SEC's bitch and then nine other teams that aspire to be as good as the SEC's bitch.

you're right.......it is lore. there are 10 other teams asipiring to be the SEC's bitch.:)

According to College Football Data Warehouse, Michigan is 20-5-1 vs the SEC. Here is how is breaks down per team.

vs Alabama 2-1
vs Arkansas 1-0
vs Auburn 1-1
vs Florida 2-0
vs Georgia 1-1
vs Kentucky 1-0
vs Ole Miss 1-0
vs USC 1-1
vs Tennessee 0-1
vs Vandy 10-0-1

This year? No. I think that we're lucky to have the schedule that we do, because we've got a good possibility of going 9-3 in a completely rebuilding season. Aside from Ohio State, there's not a single team that should be challenging even for a top 10 slot. Wisconsin is ridiculously overrated, PSU as well. I'm not sold on Mendenhall-less Illinois with tZookster calling the shots, either. There's a giant hunk of mediocre right there.

We have talent, but a new system and no good fit at the QB slot. I like where we're sitting for 09 and beyond, but if this Michigan team is a top 3 team, the conference is DOWN.

The Big XII and possibly (ugh) Pac-10 are better this year.

Illinois has the 2nd Best Defense in the Big Ten, The Best Quarterback, and the 2-3 best O-line. The only weakness we have is Kicker, and Running back, other than the fact we have 4 Running backs who run 4.3-44, and a Senior who broke Ohio States Defense.....Something your precious Mike Hart couldn't do. Illinois is a top 15 Team, Michigan won't touch the top 25. And Illinois will beat Michigan in the Big House....by a Lot.

I don't give a damn what Michigan did eight or more years ago any more than I give a damn what Tennessee did eight or more years ago (which is NONE). What I care about is the current situation. Those that live in the past get left behind. What is relevant to the current situation is what has been happening with each program recently. As I stated before, that makes Michigan Ohio State's bitch, and Ohio State is the SEC's bitch.

By that logic, Florida is Michigan's bitch, Kentucky is Florida's bitch, LSU is Kentucky's bitch and OSU is LSU's bitch, and Michigan's by proxy.

Regardless, we're way off-topic here. This Big Ten fan acknowledges that the SEC is the better conference, which was the point of my interjection into this thread.

Illinois has the 2nd Best Defense in the Big Ten, The Best Quarterback, and the 2-3 best O-line. The only weakness we have is Kicker, and Running back, other than the fact we have 4 Running backs who run 4.3-44, and a Senior who broke Ohio States Defense.....Something your precious Mike Hart couldn't do. Illinois is a top 15 Team, Michigan won't touch the top 25. And Illinois will beat Michigan in the Big House....by a Lot.

We won in Champaign last year with a QB whose shoulder popped out everytime he took a snap. We'll see what happens this year. We also have speedy RBs this year- a whole slew of them.

I wouldn't take UIUC's defense over Michigan this year. Our front 4 is nasty and we finally have a rock solid secondary.

That game will be fun for sure.

By that logic, Florida is Michigan's bitch...

One loss is one loss. Six consecutive losses (Or is it seven? It's so many that I've lost track) is a definite trend. There is a monumental difference that is SO large that your head coach just got canned. Even if you're not knowledgeable enough to acknowledge that fact, your athletic director is.

VN Store

Back