Is this another YEAR ZERO?

Recruiting wise Kiffin and Ed Orgeron were some crazy SOB, but they had zero respect for our opponents or the rules. Calling Meyer out as a cheater publicly, which he probably is, when you land Nu'Keese over him was a terrible move. Personally I feel CBJ is better due to the fact he loves and respects our tradition, and he brings in a sense of family here. All the recruits love CBJ because he's real with them and treats them like family. I think what also helps CBJ is he brought in guys who he's coached with before so all of our coaches are on the same page. I'm excited to see what CBJ can do here, but do think people need to realize that UT should never be getting beat by 40+ points by anybody. I feel like we are a QB away from winning 6-7 games this year.

I think most reasonable Vol fans think given the time Butch will get us back to national relevancy. There are a few who think anyone other than Gruden is a lost cause. While Kiffin talked a good ball game (and possibly called one too), he was a snake who never embraced the Tennessee traditions and I think had he stayed we would probably have been under NCAA restrictions at some point. Dooley was a lost cause from the beginning and we have 2 people to blame for that huge mistake (Hamilton and Will Muschamp).

Reactions: 1 person
For those of you who have thrown stones at me for not going along with the "Jones is a sure bet" thinking... What would you call his best win at Cincy and why? For instance- "they were clearly more talented"... "their record that year was..."...

Well, he's already 1-0 against Jimmy Frank. Seems like a pretty good place to start if you ask me.

I believe Jones has the most enthusiasm, but Kiffin (so far) had the best following going into his first year. Only because everyone was just so sick of Fulmer and wanted something new, but after going through this 2 more times, unfortunately some of the following has dropped off. Butch will get it back though in time!

I was skeptical of Kiffin from the start. I didn't really start to buy-in until the Bama game.

Dooley I tried to convince myself he was a diamond in the rough.

Although I was a little perplexed by his hiring at first, Jones is the most exciting of the 3 to me though. He is a real football coach.

99gator tries to take every availabe opportunity to condescend to Vol fans. It is his schtick... act "reasonable" while showing Vol fans the back of his hand.

You have the power to put him on ignore with just the click of a mouse

And that's why I don't think he can get more than 3 without getting a signature win plus winning those he should win. Recruits will leave home to play for a winner. If Jones is trying to compete with other coaches that have gotten good wins, have gone to significant bowl games, have finished ranked, have a better record, and who aren't on anyone's "hot seat" list... then it will be tough to repeat what he's doing this year even once much less 30 years.

And thats why I said "if".

Love me some Volnation.

Oregon week- "we gone upset, we gonna win!"

2:55 into the second quarter @ Oregon. "We will lose 9 games. And S Alabama is questionable.

Seriously think some on here needs to take a chill pill or something. LOL

Seems that some fans understand that this is going to take some time.

Others think the sky is falling. We'll guess what, the sky has already fallen, the pieces swept up, and the rebuilding process to start.

What we need is a GOOD coach to come here (which we have) and stay for several years. And we need FANS that don't freak out over every little issue.

This will take time!

If you can't handle that go burn you orange and buy some crimson.

Thanks

Jimvol

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back