Is Vanderbilt an upset this year?

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
There is a lot of talk that if we beat Vanderbilt it will be an upset.

I will never consider beating Vanderbilt an upset.

This kind of thinking is anchored down with Dooley and Sal. We are a better team than a lot of people know right now.

Reactions: 4 people
Look at the all time record, hell to the no. The new streak begins this season, kicking candy's ass is a Tennessee tradition. C ' om on man! :crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
There is a lot of talk that if we beat Vanderbilt it will be an upset.

I will never consider beating Vanderbilt an upset.

This kind of thinking is anchored down with Dooley and Sal. We are a better team than a lot of people know right now.

hard to know at this point. Need to see how things play out up to the game to determine which team is the better team

I don't think so. It's not a rivalry either. I'm 34 and they've beat us twice that I can remember.

Being this is a topic of discussion, it just goes to show how far UT has fallen.

I seriously doubt UF, UGA, USC, Bama, Auburn, LSU, Missouri, aTm..... are having this discussion.

This is what makes volnation a lot of fun. The wide spectrum of opinion.

From "is beating vandy an upset" to "I think we can take Oregon"

Reactions: 5 people
If Vandy goes on to win 8 or 9 games and UT goes on to win 6... yes its an upset.

To the casual observer, maybe. But it really isn't. Schedule will play an important part in the records of these teams. The difference between a hypothetical 8 win Vanderbilt and 6 win Tennessee would be Alabama and Oregon. These teams are pretty evenly matched, sad to say. But breaking in a lot of new starters in key positions could work better for one team than the other, and there is no telling what the psychological impact of the Vanderbilt rape case will be on that team.

no never n in my eyes n if vandy is favored then as vol fans its time to get brooms out n clean house.

we should neve never ever ever be on vandys level end of story..

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think so. It's not a rivalry either. I'm 34 and they've beat us twice that I can remember.

For realz. The blind hog finally finds an acorn and now they are the better team. Freaking ridiculous. I consider the Vandy win against us last year as the upset.

Reactions: 3 people
Vanderbilt would indeed be a upset. Last year Vandy gave the Vols one of their worst beatings of the year, they simply stomped the Vols and it wasn't even close. I, as do many fans have a hard time accepting our fall to the bottom of the SEC. Now, this is a new year and hopefully this team 117 can possibly finish a couple of spots higher in the SEC, we will know very soon as it's time to stop all the speculation and button the old chin strap and do some hitting.
It's Time
Go Vols

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back