Is Vanderbilt an upset this year?

There is a lot of talk that if we beat Vanderbilt it will be an upset.

I will never consider beating Vanderbilt an upset.

This kind of thinking is anchored down with Dooley and Sal. We are a better team than a lot of people know right now.[/QUOTE
Yes it would be an upset if they played week 1. On paper Vandy is A more experienced team. No one really knows what the Vols will look like this year. I will hold judgment until they play Oregon.

This kind of thinking is anchored down with Dooley and Sal. We are a better team than a lot of people know right now.

If upset means going against the media trend then yes. If upset means beating a team with more talent then no.

The good thing is that the game is last in the season. This will give every position time to get to their best playing level. I think our entire season comes down to QB and secondary play. We need for those positions to play big this season.

Reactions: 1 person
What does the Vegas spread have to be for you to consider it an upset?

+1 or ??

An upset happens whenever Vegas is wrong. It doesn't matter if Vegas is wrong by 1/2 a point, it's still an upset. Or of course, if a lower ranked team loses. Either way.

In response to the thread title........yes anyone not named Kentucky is an upset and that is risky ad well

I'm not in Vegas yet, but my monies are on us running the score up, leaving our 1's in all game, and going for 2 after a last minute 6. " the Franklin grugdef**king". (sorry, i'll get under control)

Reactions: 1 person
This will never be an upset I dont give a rats a$$ how down we are..They beat us last year and thats what twice in the last 20 something years.....

Reactions: 2 people
When I was a kid, I went with my friend and his parents to see a UT vs Vandy game in Neyland. We won 45-0.

I don't know if we will score 45 this year or not but I can assure you that against this Defense, Vandy sure as hell won't.

Go Big Orange!

When I was a kid, I went with my friend and his parents to see a UT vs Vandy game in Neyland. We won 45-0.

I don't know if we will score 45 this year or not but I can assure you that against this Defense, Vandy sure as hell won't.

Go Big Orange!

I would hope not considering they "only" scored 41 against the worst D in UT's history.

Vanderbilt would indeed be a upset. Last year Vandy gave the Vols one of their worst beatings of the year, they simply stomped the Vols and it wasn't even close. I, as do many fans have a hard time accepting our fall to the bottom of the SEC. Now, this is a new year and hopefully this team 117 can possibly finish a couple of spots higher in the SEC, we will know very soon as it's time to stop all the speculation and button the old chin strap and do some hitting.
It's Time
Go Vols

Last year means nothing. Vandy wont win 9 games again and it wont be an upset when we beat their a$$es all over Neyland. Guarantee the players haven't forgotten tgis and Franklin running his suck is even more reason to try and hang 60 on them. We will be favored and win.

oh F no!!! Vandy will NOT win 8 again this season like they did last yr...they got lucky in a few games they prob should have lost and we had another down year..so hell to the NO!! I say we beat them this yr by 2-3 TD :) Take THAT candy ass fans of Vandy!!

An upset happens whenever Vegas is wrong. It doesn't matter if Vegas is wrong by 1/2 a point, it's still an upset. Or of course, if a lower ranked team loses. Either way.

That has it one if the widest definitions of an upset I've ever seen.

This kind of thinking is anchored down with Dooley and Sal. We are a better team than a lot of people know right now.

yes it will be considered an upset, but considering we haven't had coach in 3 years the only people that won't be surprised are volfans

I'm not ready to call it an upset or not, I'm leaning towards push, but it's funny that so many are so no, it's not, we've won 18 of 20, blah blah, blah, like those teams from 10 years ago matter in this game.

Hey, you and I can favor Tennessee over Vandy all day, but if Vegas picks Vandy or Vandy is ranked higher, it's an upset to the rest of the sports world.

You do know if it's a point Vegas is saying it's pretty even, right? Vegas is not in the business of saying no spread. And spreads change depending on how people bet.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back