Is Vanderbilt an upset this year?

Yes it would be an upset if they played week 1. On paper Vandy is A more experienced team. No one really knows what the Vols will look like this year. I will hold judgment until they play Oregon.[/QUOTE]
-----------------------------------------------

Just out of curiosity, how is Vandy the more experienced team? They lost starters at QB, RB, WR, 3 OL, and half of their defense.

Call me naive, but I don't see it. We have experience at RB, game experience with Worley at QB, a very solid OL, experience on DL and LB, and what should be an improved secondary. And with better coaching even our kicking game should be improved.

While Franklin's staff has improved Vandy, I'm just not buying into any legitimacy until they beat someone with a winning record.

And, while Jones and staff haven't coached in the SEC, he does have wins over Michigan ST and Louisville among others. So, while I may be a "UT Homer", I see our loss to Vandy last year as more of a statement of the team's feelings for Dooley, rather than our lack of talent.

Just my 2¢ worth of opinion...Go Vols!!!

Being this is a topic of discussion, it just goes to show how far UT has fallen.

I seriously doubt UF, UGA, USC, Bama, Auburn, LSU, Missouri, aTm..... are having this discussion.

At Auburn, ole miss, Missouri ...maybe.

Games at home so week one my guess is Vegas makes it a push. By the time they play in November Vols -8. :)

Don't look at the point spread. Instead, look at the money line. The team with a "+" beside it is the underdog. If both teams have a "-" then it is pretty much a push.

You do know if it's a point Vegas is saying it's pretty even, right? Vegas is not in the business of saying no spread. And spreads change depending on how people bet.

Of course, but that's not the popular perception. To the non-gambling crowd, all they see is the creation of a favorite. The majority of people are just casual fans who don't know how it all works.

Reactions: 1 person
Not really. If UT comes into the game with a worse record than VU and wins some will argue it's an upset.

Not really. If UT comes into the game with a worse record than VU and wins some will argue it's an upset.

And the 2478 threads aimed towards Vandy/ Franklin will further prove it was an upset.

Personally, I wouldn't call it an upset. But this place is obsessed with Vandy/Franklin.

heck no vandy ain't no upset alabama is though! Florida is because of the streak and difficulty we have being them.

VN Store

Back