Israel invades Lebanon.

OrangeEmpire

The White Debonair
CNN

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- The Israeli Cabinet authorized "severe and harsh" retaliation on Lebanon after Hezbollah guerillas kidnapped two soldiers and killed three others in a cross-border raid Wednesday.

"If the soldiers are not returned we will turn Lebanon's clock back 20 years" - Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Dan Halutz.

When are Arab states going to realize that picking a fight with Isreal is not exactly in their best interest...

(milohimself @ Jul 13 said:
Israel's conquest of the middle east now begins.

The Palestinian people had there chance to elect a government that would be recognized on the world stage, and they chose to elect a terrorist group. I have no problem with Isreal now ridding the world of Palestine, Lebanon, and Syria.

Update from Fox News:

Fox

RAMALLAH, West Bank — Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday said Israel's incursion into Lebanon has raised the specter of a large-scale Middle East war and urged world powers to intervene "to stop this serious deterioration."

If I were a Palestinian state, I would not mess with Israel.

Is it me, or is looking at Israel's dimplomatic tact over the last half century kind of like watching a pack of hungry timberwolves "negotiating" with a porterhouse?

Is it me, or is looking at Israel's dimplomatic tact over the last half century kind of like watching a pack of hungry timberwolves "negotiating" with a porterhouse?

That is what happens when a dog is backed into a corner. :focus:

Update

BBC

Israel is imposing an air and sea blockade on Lebanon as part of a major offensive after two soldiers were seized by the militant group Hezbollah.

my thoughts are, yeahhhhh! let this escalate and let's get on with it. It is going to happen sooner or later, so let it fly. Maybe one day we will start fighting a war in Iraq as opposed to this "semi-war" that most of America thinks we are in right now and our government will quit tying the military's hands behind their backs and let them loose to do what they do best.

(allvol123 @ Jul 13 said:
my thoughts are, yeahhhhh! let this escalate and let's get on with it. It is going to happen sooner or later, so let it fly. Maybe one day we will start fighting a war in Iraq as opposed to this "semi-war" that most of America thinks we are in right now and our government will quit tying the military's hands behind their backs and let them loose to do what they do best.

What we need now in CENTCOM, is Sherman incarnate.

Quotes from my favorite military leader

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
- Lieutenant-General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

"Paper-work will ruin any military force"
- Lieutenant-General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

When an Army captain asked him for the direction of the line of retreat,
Col Puller called his Tank Commander, gave them the Army position, and ordered:
"If they start to pull back from that line, even one foot, I want you to open fire on them."
Turning to the captain, he replied "Does that answer your question?
We're here to fight." At Koto-ri in Korea
- Chesty Puller at Koto-ri in Korea
(From "Marine: The Life of Chesty Puller" by Burke Davis)

"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the "real Marines". "
Major General Chesty Puller, USMC - while on a Battalion inspection

"there are not enough chinamen in the world to stop a fully armed Marine regiment
from going where ever they wont to go"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Here are some others

"We are going to find a solution to the Middle East conflict as soon as the Arabs agrees with us.."
- Moshe Dayan, Israeli Minister of Defense during the Six Say War (1967)

(milohimself @ Jul 13 said:

i think it is just you.

I think Israel is the porterhouse with a bunch of wolves surrounding them.

(orange+white=heaven @ Jul 13 said:
"All this posturing can lead to no good."
-from The West Wing

Since we are quoting prime time television series, here's one...
That's the problem with people like you. You want results, but you never want to get your hands dirty.

Jack Bauer, 24

However, I prefer to quote actual people, instead of fictional characters. I feel the following quote is especially pertinent to the present situation concerning Isreal.

• I believe first of all in common sense, which should guide all of our actions.
  • I also believe in the responsibility of the commanders. A good commander is one who feels absolutely responsible for anything connected, even indirectly, with his command.
  • I believe that the buck should not be passed to anyone else--that it should stop right here with us.
  • I believe in getting down to the smallest details. Anyone who fails to do that and tries to spare himself the effort is doing a disservice to our goal, which is preparing for war.
  • I believe there can be no compromising with results. Never accept results that are less than the best possible.
  • I believe that the greatest danger in the life of a unit is to lapse into self satisfaction.
  • I believe that all efforts must be subordinate to the main aim--victory in war. Let us never confuse our priorities.
  • I believe with all my heart in our ability to carry out any military mission entrusted to us, and I believe in [my men.]
  • I believe in Israel and in the sense of responsibility that must accompany every man who fights for the fate of his homeland.
--Jonathan Netanyahu (1946-1976)
arguably one of the greatest tactical commanders in military history

I believe however that peace is attainable regardless of the Arabs mentality, society or government.
-Yitzhak Rabin

Practically the only way to dry the swamp of radical Islam is through economic development and an improved standard of living.
-Yitzhak Rabin

(orange+white=heaven @ Jul 13 said:
I believe however that peace is attainable regardless of the Arabs mentality, society or government.
-Yitzhak Rabin

Practically the only way to dry the swamp of radical Islam is through economic development and an improved standard of living.
-Yitzhak Rabin

I would especially agree with the last statement

(volinbham @ Jul 13 said:
I would especially agree with the last statement

I would say Yitzhak Rabin is a traitor to his own people as are the weak kneed politicians in this country. You see how well giving the Palestinians land worked out for the traitors in the Israeli government.

VN Store

Back