Israel invades Lebanon.

(Orangewhiteblood @ Jul 13 said:
$76.70 a barrel and rising. :rolleyes:

that's the way to think. more worried about gettting your car moving than the safety of your country and it's traditions and values. as long as you think like that, those people will always have you over a barrell. Take care of business by using the military and your gas will be back to normal. Keep playing footsie with the arabs and they will be your puppet master.

(allvol123 @ Jul 13 said:
that's the way to think. more worried about gettting your car moving than the safety of your country and it's traditions and values. as long as you think like that, those people will always have you over a barrell. Take care of business by using the military and your gas will be back to normal. Keep playing footsie with the arabs and they will be your puppet master.

Whatever you say sparky.

IMO, it's clear that Iran is pulling all the strings here. All the more reason why they cannot be allowed to develop nukes.

Hate to say it OWB, but he's got a point. If this thing escalates, the price of oil is going to be the least of our problems.

Just saw a report that an Iranian Guard Unit just hit Haifa with a missile. :shakehead:

(GAVol @ Jul 13 said:
Hate to say it OWB, but he's got a point. If this thing escalates, the price of oil is going to be the least of our problems.

Isn't it always?

The rise in the price for a gallon does not benefit Iran as many people think. Since they import over 80% of all their gasoline (they have oil but they must export it because they do not have enough refining capability,) they basically take in more revenue from selling oil and then incur higher expenses from buying gasoline, hence, Iran's bottom line remains the same.

Also, the more that Iran holds the supply of oil back from the rest of the world, the less gasoline they receive in return. What they are doing right now, is cutting off their nose to spite their face...and we are falling right into their trap.

But don't you think it would be nice if 10 years down the road, we didn't have depend on oil from the Middle East? I think it would be nice if we could explore the alternative energy realm a little more.

I'm not as pissed about the actual prices of gas as I am how dependent we are on they're oil.

We're the greatest country in the world, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect cars that are good for the environment and run off of alternative energy. I don't think it's intangible either.

But don't you think it would be nice if 10 years down the road, we didn't have depend on oil from the Middle East? I think it would be nice if we could explore the alternative energy realm a little more.

I'm not as pissed about the actual prices of gas as I am how dependent we are on they're oil.

We're the greatest country in the world, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect cars that are good for the environment and run off of alternative energy. I don't think it's intangible either.

:GAVol slapping himself repeatedly because he agrees 100% with something OWB said in a political thread:

(GAVol @ Jul 13 said:
:GAVol slapping himself repeatedly because he agrees 100% with something OWB said in a political thread:

:rock: I'll quit now.

We are dependent on their oil because we can't drill in two main oil reserves of the world, namely the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska.

(therealUT @ Jul 13 said:
We are dependent on their oil because we can't drill in two main oil reserves of the world, namely the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska.

Yeah maybe, but I'm talking about alternative fuels.

I would love to see alternative fuels replace gasoline. However, not at the expense of energy and efficiency.

And now, we have some division amont Arab states regarding the situation between Israel and Lebanon...

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Thursday an Israeli strike on Syria would be considered an attack on the whole Islamic world that would bring a "fierce response", state television reported.

"If the Zionist regime commits another stupid move and attacks Syria, this will be considered like attacking the whole Islamic world and this regime will receive a very fierce response,"

And, from the Saudi's...
Saudi Arabia on Thursday blamed "elements" inside Lebanon for the violence with Israel, in unusually frank language directed at guerrilla group Hezbollah and its Iranian backers.

"A distinction must be made between legitimate resistance and uncalculated adventures undertaken by elements inside (Lebanon) and those behind them without recourse to the legal authorities and consulting and coordinating with Arab nations," a statement carried by the official news agency SPA said.

"These elements should bear the responsibility for their irresponsible actions and they alone should end the crisis they have created."

Israel struck Beirut airport and military airbases and blockaded Lebanese ports on Thursday, intensifying reprisals that have killed 55 civilians in Lebanon since Hizbollah captured two Israel Defense Forces soldiers a day earlier.

"They (the elements) are exposing Arab nations and their gains to grave dangers without these nations having a say in the matter," said the statement, which reiterated Saudi support for Palestinian and Lebanese resistance against Israeli occupation.

And now for my personal favorite "in the news item"
The United States vetoed a UN draft resolution that would have called for an end to Israeli attacks and "disproportionate use of force"

What is the UN going to do now? Nothing because without us, UN member nations do not have the forces nor the power to stop Israel.

Hezbollah is a puppet of Syria and Iran.

Unfortunately for Lebanon they are caught in the crossfire and the world will only see Israel attacking civilians.

More or less Iran loves this because the bleeding hearts, Neville Chamberlain types of the world in a couple of weeks will be on a humanitarian streak because of the atrocities of the Israelis.

Iran will love/crave the media coverage of the humanitarian effort and use the attacks as a rallying cry for Muslims all over the world.

Is it a coincidence that N. Korea is testing their missiles and such all before the G-8 conferences?

Bin Laden said the only way to defeat America is economically, well...........OWB and his oil price updates could do some harm in the short run. Politically we could see in America what happened to Spain in their elections.

*The Israelis have been blessed with phenomenal military leadership.

Update:

Yahoo

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Israeli warplanes renewed attacks on Lebanon early Saturday, targeting bridges and fuel storage tanks and gas stations in the east and south, security officials said.

Just reading about this:

The London-based Arabic language newspaper Al-Hayat reported Saturday that “Washington has information according to which Israel gave Damascus 72 hours to stop Hizbullah’s activity along the Lebanon-Israel border and bring about the release the two kidnapped IDF soldiers or it would launch an offensive with disastrous consequences.”

The report said “a senior Pentagon source warned that should the Arab world and international community fail in the efforts to convince
Syria to pressure Hizbullah into releasing the soldiers and halt the current escalation Israel may attack targets in the country.”

So in 72 hours we will either see it stop or Syria and Iran will "officially" enter too.

That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane -
Lenny Bruce is not afraid. Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn -
world serves its own needs, don't misserve your own needs. Feed it up a knock,
speed, grunt no, strength no. Ladder structure clatter with fear of height,
down height. Wire in a fire, represent the seven games in a government for
hire and a combat site. Left her, wasn't coming in a hurry with the furies
breathing down your neck. Team by team reporters baffled, trump, tethered
crop. Look at that low plane! Fine then. Uh oh, overflow, population,
common group, but it'll do. Save yourself, serve yourself. World serves its
own needs, listen to your heart bleed. Tell me with the rapture and the
reverent in the right - right. You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright
light, feeling pretty psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign tower. Slash and burn,
return, listen to yourself churn. Lock him in uniform and book burning,
blood letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle,
light a motive. Step down, step down. Watch a heel crush, crush. Uh oh,
this means no fear - cavalier. Renegade and steer clear! A tournament,
a tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives
and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

The other night I tripped a nice continental drift divide. Mount St. Edelite.
Leonard Bernstein. Leonid Breshnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs.
Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You symbiotic, patriotic,
slam, but neck, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...fine...

(It's time I had some time alone)

(therealUT @ Jul 15 said:
IT'S ON!!!
I'm afraid so.

This conflict is a tangled web. Trying to follow it will make you dizzy.

(GAVol @ Jul 15 said:
I'm afraid so.

CNN is putting up stats like it's a football game. They're putting up thing such as money each spends on military each year etc etc... :blink:

(GAVol @ Jul 15 said:
I'm afraid so.

It's confusing if you go too deep. Every country in the ME wants to eliminate Israel. When Israel decided to step it up I'm sure this was a consideration. Remember last time they pretty much beat on everyone. I don't think those other ME countries stand a chance since everyone in Israel is active or ex-military.

All this seems to be staying pretty close to phrophecy...Israel being attacked by all sides. Isn't America their only recongnized ally?

ISRAEL

The IDF, founded in 1948, ranks among the most battle-trained armed forces in the world, having had to defend the country in five major wars. Currently, the IDF's security objectives are to defend the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the State of Israel, deter all enemies and curb all forms of terrorism which threaten daily life. Its main tasks include reinforcing the peace arrangements; ensuring overall security in the West Bank and Gaza Strip in coordination with the Palestinian Authority; spearheading the war against terrorism, both inside Israel and across its borders; and maintaining a deterrent capability to prevent the outbreak of hostilities.

To ensure its success, the IDF's doctrine at the strategic level is defensive, while its tactics are offensive. Given the country's lack of territorial depth, the IDF must take initiative when deemed necessary and, if attacked, to quickly transfer the battleground to the enemy's land. Though it has always been outnumbered by its enemies, the IDF maintains a qualitative advantage by deploying advanced weapons systems, many of which are developed and manufactured in Israel for its specific needs.

VN Store

Back