It’s almost like Joe Milton has improved

Man GA played hard, they wanted to keep that stat of not allowing 14pts...it was garbage time but GA didn't go Prevent and didn't give him easy passes.
Milton made the passes tonight during the little time he was out there..
Hope he continues to grow.

No kidding. Georgia was stupidly playing all out with starters vs our back ups, leading 41-10 late in the game. Milton didn't get to face easy garbage time defense. He faced a defense that was trying hard to not allow points. Kirby is still salty because he put in the back ups vs UK and they scored with a few seconds to go on the clock.

Congrats to him for improving his craft and sticking with it.Now saying that He can throw a football over a mountain doesn't mean much if he wears a TuTu and ballet slippers while doing it.Look I like the kid but he's soft and I'm not sure he loves football.One thing I've learned playing and sideline coaching lol more like observing is kids that love the game will play their asses off no matter what who or the consequences.Reason u see so many big name guys injured etc they put it all on the line to prove it's their field and anyone who dares stand across will feel my motto "Trample the Weak,Hurdle the Dead".

He's not wrong. Dude isn't good. Sorry that hurts you so bad.

It doesn’t. It’s also not the point. The point is, he can improve. And he may. He may not. Players have gone from bad to good before. Writing him off is myopic.

Hell, some of y’all gave Bailey the benefit of the doubt that he’d become a good QB this year, after he showed a lot less than Milton has, but write Milton off as done. It’s bizarre how our fans can apply different standards to different players so easily.

Give me a kid with half the athletic talent and the heart of a lion over a 5 star or gifted athlete who's afraid of contact or putting it all on the line for his team,glory,self satisfaction.Dude ran outta bounds NO WAY he didn't see 3secs when he ran out.He panicked and let's be real hell it was a simple pass the effin ball and honestly he runs it in for the win if he just cuts towards his rite and hits the goal line.Instead he saw dude locked on him and he ran outta bounds praying he didn't just Eff up.Sorry but that play will haunt him until he proves he's willing to lay it all on the line for his own pride and his teammates cause u can bet those other 70 guys are giving it 100% every play cause we see it.

Nah, I’ll still remember him for that play…and the Pitt fumble…and the countless overthrows…and the absolute putrid football he played at Michigan that got him benched. He is just not a reliably consistent QB at this level. It’s been 4 years of **** plays.

I mean Ole Piss was a story book ending for Milton.Hell of a game best in years,Hooker literally killed himself and all Milton had to do was run one simple play.4 wrz each has a spot,run 2 out to post idc just make sure u throw that effin ball.I mean the ONLY THING u don't wanna do is what he did.Talk about a let down,u think Will Levis would have done that?I mean Milton should be talked as a game hero instead he's gonna get the murderers row for a long while until he proves he's tuffer than Marshmallow Creme.U don't think his teammates he's killed thereselves don't feel some way?That's the guy u want to lead us Coach?

Reactions: KHVol
No offense to Milton or anyone at all,but these big armed QBs are a dime a dozen anymore.Outside of Cam and maybe Lamar but he's just shifty how many Dwayne Haskins of the world have failed in the NFl.

No kidding. Georgia was stupidly playing all out with starters vs our back ups, leading 41-10 late in the game. Milton didn't get to face easy garbage time defense. He faced a defense that was trying hard to not allow points. Kirby is still salty because he put in the back ups vs UK and they scored with a few seconds to go on the clock.
Yup. It was clear that Kirby was playing for that not to happen.

Several times we could have kicked field goals but instead went for it on 4th down because our coach was playing to win. Could have scored 6-9 more points and not given GA momentum and good field position, but our coach was playing to win and not to just keep it close. It could have easily been 34-23 if we had kicked the field goals. Looks better but still a loss. Game was much closer than 25 points

I’m not saying he should. But s bunch of our fans acted like he was a hopeless case because he wasn’t a good QB after only playing 1.5 games and only being in this offense for a month before the season started. Not to mention that the guys around him weren’t up to speed in this offense yet either until about October. The notion that he can develop into a good QB was just thrown out the window.

Our impatient, black and white societal mentality just won’t allow folks to consider him anything other than a lost cause.
This x 10000

He hardly played and missed a bunch of deep balls and people talked about him like he was JG

They were projecting their JG fatigue on him

Hes not bad

Why go there? There’s no reason to be ugly. Nothing wrong with fans rooting for guys to be the best they can be. Writing a guy off who has 2 years of eligibility is nothing to be proud of.

What a novel concept… fans of a team actually wanting the players to keep getting better so the whole team gets better! I mean imagine what would ensue if fans didn’t get so wrapped up in the individual players, but rather took a “I don’t care who is playing as long as they play well” approach. That, my friend, would simply be madness!

He has no situational awareness during the game. But if you need a guy that can throw the ball in section C row 7 seat 4 he’s your guy.
If he’s aiming for row 7, probably gonna hit row 12.
he did look a little better though.

I was shocked that his throws had touch. I think maybe a few things happened. He finally figured coaches, coach, and he'll do himself a service to listen to them. He probably heard our fans disdain for his lack of on-field courage. He figured out any new chance he gets, is his last chance and is a do-or-die opportunity.

I hope for us, this means he's ready to be the QB he could be. I love the Hook, but if the Milt man can deliver, it might be nice seeing him splits some game reps with the Captain.

Nah, I’ll still remember him for that play…and the Pitt fumble…and the countless overthrows…and the absolute putrid football he played at Michigan that got him benched. He is just not a reliably consistent QB at this level. It’s been 4 years of **** plays.
No. He has played in 8 games maybe.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Not in this offense.

And yet, even in that offense, he showed exactly the same limitations as he’s shown here…inability to make timely decisions with the ball and inconsistent accuracy. They might be able to coach him up some, but for the most part, he is who he is at this point.

I hope he balls out and wins the Heisman next year.

Don't see that happening but he could end up being a major part of this offense next year like it or not.

I’m not saying he should. But s bunch of our fans acted like he was a hopeless case because he wasn’t a good QB after only playing 1.5 games and only being in this offense for a month before the season started. Not to mention that the guys around him weren’t up to speed in this offense yet either until about October. The notion that he can develop into a good QB was just thrown out the window.

Our impatient, black and white societal mentality just won’t allow folks to consider him anything other than a lost cause.

I disagree. We didn’t see a bad qb because there was no continuity between he and his receivers. It was because he flat out overthrew wide open targets by 20+ yards about 7 different times. If he’d have hit had the wide open targets against Pitt we’d have won that game. His issues had nothing to do with rythem etc. He also doesn’t have food pocket awareness at all. He’d hold the ball too long and get sacked at times and then at other times scramble out of the pocket when it wasn’t necessary. He’s a really bad qb and I hope he doesn’t ever have to be the starter here. If he does stick around and ultimately become the starter again…I can pretty much guarantee we’re in for a bad year.

He’s made three throws that most nfl qbs can’t make. His raw talent is off the charts. If he can calm down, he could be a great one.
I don' think anyone will deny that he has a strong arm and can throw a pretty pass. The problem is he makes really bad decisions and a pretty ball does not compensate for poor mental decisions. Hooker was having a bad night with his throws as the game wore on and that could have been that he was getting the crap beaten out of him all night. Also, I think I recall someone had posting that he had problems at VT throwing the ball in cold weather. It appeared last night that that post could be correct. On defense, we still can not tackle a QB was can run the ball on keeper plays. We will likely see that play a lot in the next two games. We missed a lot of tackles and still have problems with missed tackles in the open field. I also realize that Georgia probably has the best overall talent of any team in the Nation. The SEC championship game should the a humdinger.

I did see some improvement is the game last night. We improved on our 3rd down production, we ran the ball better that most expected, receivers did not drop many catchable passes, and the team continued to play hard throughout the game. We actually played well enough that Georgia had to go with the fake injury scheme at least 7-8 times. The interception was a misread by ether the QB and the WR but that was one a play where the team was trying to go ultra fast and I think could/should have been calle for a false start.

Overall, we showed that we are an improving team, we will end up with a 7-5 record and will likely win a bowl game this year. I think most people around the Country are impressed with how our team has played this year and will realize that we are a program has exceeded preseason expectations and will become a force in the SE and Nation in the next couple of years.

good teams get better as the season goes along. IDK what I was loooking at, I'll have to watch it again... but I want to see more of that. I'm wondering if we try to bring one in the second half, or mix it in, and see what happens? Seemed like he was a complete baller last night. short and intermediate passes, make great decisions, and absolutely SLINGING it. You could hear the POP.

The same nerves that Hooker had tonight with the overthrows is the same thing Milton went through in the first couple of games. But no one is going blame Hooker for the loss.

I blame him. I ain't afraid to admit it.

Hooker was awful today. He missed the easy throws. Most sailed on him. Which one led to an interception and that's when the game started getting out of reach.

If his easy throws weren't 20 feet over our receivers heads we would have had a ball game. Not to mention his deepballs weren't that good either. A couple the receiver was covered so we can let those slide. But a few of them we had the defender beat and he couldn't connect.

Half of this on Hooker. The other half in Coaching. Some of those play calls were garbage.

Defense played way better than Kentucky.

We just can't seem to get both sides of the ball playing great football at the same time.

Reactions: mpfvol

VN Store

Back