It Seems like a theme is emerging from these bowls.

Volnanza

The upper level SEC teams do seem to be "all that". Missouri whipped Ohio St. and Ole Miss is punking Penn St. The lower level SEC teams are falling short. I would expect to see Georgia, Bama, (stop! I'm kicking myself while writing this} Ole Miss, Missouri, and LSU above the line. Below that line are a lot of teams in transition and Vandy. I am expecting that we join that group above the line. This is a big game.

if Nico turns out to be as good as hooker we will punk them all
Man I hope so because Vols fans will run him out of Knoxville with the expectations now placed on him being a 5 star and amount of NIL money speculated to be given to him. Poor kid, that's a lot of pressure but I really hope so!

The upper level SEC teams do seem to be "all that". Missouri whipped Ohio St. and Ole Miss is punking Penn St. The lower level SEC teams are falling short. I would expect to see Georgia, Bama, (stop! I'm kicking myself while writing this} Ole Miss, Missouri, and LSU above the line. Below that line are a lot of teams in transition and Vandy. I am expecting that we join that group above the line. This is a big game.
I consider this a "transition" year for our program. If we win, it will be our best win of the season since we've not beaten a ranked team all year.

Man I hope so because Vols fans will run him out of Knoxville with the expectations now placed on him being a 5 star and amount of NIL money speculated to be given to him. Poor kid, that's a lot of pressure but I really hope so!
Poor kid? I don't feel sorry for anyone making that much money. He signed up for it

The upper level SEC teams do seem to be "all that". Missouri whipped Ohio St. and Ole Miss is punking Penn St. The lower level SEC teams are falling short. I would expect to see Georgia, Bama, (stop! I'm kicking myself while writing this} Ole Miss, Missouri, and LSU above the line. Below that line are a lot of teams in transition and Vandy. I am expecting that we join that group above the line. This is a big game
Ohio State didn’t have a QB. Fl. State has an inexperienced QB. Lots of teams without players. To take anything from these bowls is a stretch.

In Ohio St's defense, they were playing their 3rd string QB and MH Jr didn't play. If Ohio St had their starters not opting out or transfer, Ohio St beats the Brakes off Mizzou

UGA is making the CFP selection committee look like geniuses. FSU may want to re-evaluate their gripes about being out. Looks like they shouldn’t even be playing in this game.

That being said, a lot of football lef….. whoops. Nevermind.

In Ohio St's defense, they were playing their 3rd string QB and MH Jr didn't play. If Ohio St had their starters not opting out or transfer, Ohio St beats the Brakes off Mizzou
yep… and Florida State without their starting QB and barely able to field a team with all the optouts… but all fans will see is the embarrassing beat down which is not indicative of what the game could have been.

yep… and Florida State without their starting QB and barely able to field a team with all the optouts… but all fans will see is the embarrassing beat down which is not indicative of what the game could have been.
Fair point, I didn’t realize how many defensive starters were not playing in the game.

Poor kid? I don't feel sorry for anyone making that much money. He signed up for it
Don't worry I bet he is prepared to deal with whatever the below the Mendoza line fans in Orange want to dish out. He will pay attention to the staff and some rational national pundits as he goes through his learning curve. He is way smarter than the current batch of LOMs.

Fair point, I didn’t realize how many defensive starters were not playing in the game.
I read this morning that FSU had 20 opt outs and are playing their true freshman 3rd string QB that was thrown into the fire due to the starter getting hurt late in the season...then their backup transferring after the season.

I read this morning that FSU had 20 opt outs and are playing their true freshman 3rd string QB that was thrown into the fire due to the starter getting hurt late in the season...then their backup transferring after the season.
Georgia fans are going to be acting like they’re the National champs…. They’re not the brightest and knowledgeable fans though. They’re playing a team that would struggle right now to beat Vandy.

Hey, the boys want all that big $$$$. Well, that comes with way more responsibility. These are not little college athletes anymore. Time to suck it up

Auburn must have exhausted every bit they had playing Bama , because they didn't want any part of Maryland today

We should start giving names to these bowls that reflect reality. Like the" Dukes Mayo Who's Left Bowl ", or the "Taxslayer All Freshmen Bowl". How about the "Autozone Nobody wanted me in the Portal" bowl ?
Can’t wait until the 2nd half of this Fl State - Georgia game when they’re comfortably ahead and Kirby goes into his fake ‘hard ass‘ coaching he enacts when he thinks the cameras are on him.

Shame on Florida and TN‘s administrations crapping the bed for the last decade- longer than that for TN. That all starts changing next year with the divisions going away. No more easy roads for anyone.

You guys fail to realize that the lower Sec bowl teams are playing the middle tier teams in other conferences…it does not mean they are falling short. Kentucky played the 2-3rd best Acc team and is at best the Sec number 7 team. Auburn played the 5th best Big Ten school and they are the lowest bowl team the Sec has. Same goes for Vols..even though we will win…Iowa is the 4th best Big Ten team while we are the number 6 Sec team. If all things were equal the Sec would hardly ever lose a game. We are playing a different game in this conference. We all know this and all the others just refuse to come to terms with it because they do not want to accept their inferiority.

VN Store

Back