It's a bad idea....

How do you feel about using defensive starters on offense?

• Total voters

KingtUT

I reign supreme!
To use AJ Johnson, Curt Maggitt, or Justin Coleman on offense. They aren't used to having the ball in their hands (fumbles can lose games), we are too thin on defense already (if any of them got injured on offense it would be devastating to our defense). My guess is BJ is only talking about it so that WKU has more to prepare for. Am I in the minority about not wanting to see the "beast package"?

tumblr_mj5823ohgL1ru74s4o1_500.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
To use AJ Johnson, Curt Maggitt, or Justin Coleman on offense. They aren't used to having the ball in their hands (fumbles can lose games), we are too thin on defense already (if any of them got injured on offense it would be devastating to our defense). My guess is BJ is only talking about it so that WKU has more to prepare for. Am I in the minority about not wanting to see the "beast package"?

Johnson ran the beast like a hundred times last year, he's used to having the ball in his hands.

Reactions: 4 people
Agree it's a bad idea. Especially with magitt who is still recovering. I'm ok with using aj in a very limited role, such as goalline, but say no magitt at all

Agree it's a bad idea. Especially with magitt who is still recovering. I'm ok with using aj in a very limited role, such as goalline, but say no magitt at all

Ironically, because of the fear of fumbling, the goal line is when I hate to see it the most.

this. if it werent for aj last year, we wouldnt have had nearly the td's we had.

He ran it 12 times last year and scored 6 times. He had 21 yds rushing. I believe this package was only used to pander to fans and a team that was disgusted with its HC

Last edited:
Ironically, because of the fear of fumbling, the goal line is when I hate to see it the most.
It's not uncommon for LB's to have played RB in high school - not sure about AJ, but I'm not overly concerned about a fumble.

Last edited:

AJ could be the best back we got if we put him on offence, but we cant do that because he is the best we got on the D.

i-don-t-care.jpg

JUST WIN!

VN Store

Back