I've got your attrition #'s

99gator

Congressman
ok, i've done the work for y'all.

consider it a peace offering for sins i have committed in the past. right now, this is the break down of tennessee's roster based on rivals rankings. it does not include the class of 2013, because tennessee's website does not have all of the names from that class listed on their football roster. it does not include brent brewer. i assume he is not a walk on, but he was not listed as a signee on the rivals website. i don't know what his star ranking was. i listed the players from the 2010 through 2012 classes that for whatever reason are no longer at tennessee based on the ut website football roster. i did not include any attrition from 2009, because those would be 5th year seniors. there are a few 5th year guys still on the roster, but did not feel members of that class should be in the attrition numbers as it would skew them dramatically.

so, currently on the roster (NOT INCLUDING THE INCOMING CLASS OF 2013 or brent brewer)

0 five star

22 four star

29 three star

6 two star

lost attrition from 2010 through 2012 classes

5 star

da'rick rogers

4 star

tyler bray
john brown
dave clark
justin hunter
eddrick lofton
ted meline
matt milton
de'anthony arnett
cam clear
izzauea lanier
pat martin
deion bonner
davante bourque
cordarelle patterson
dante philips

3 star

marques dixon
martaze jackson
mychal rivera
matt simms
darrington sentimore
trent taylor
quenshaun watson

2 star

nash nance

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
fyi

tennessee signed 5 players at ****, and 16 players at ***

for the class of 2013

i know the numbers don't add up to 85, so i don't know if walk ons got scholarships or what the deal is.

CLK catches a lot of crap about chasing off a number of playersm but looking at the 4* list DD somehow managed to loose/chase off a bunch too (also the players themselves caused this)

Reactions: 2 people
:confused:
See... I still contend you are a closet Vol fan. Why else would you go to so much trouble for another team ? But you're OK regardless.

Reactions: 8 people
h55FCF8E6

Reactions: 12 people
I think that's 75 guys on the roster.. So basically we r back to where we started in 2010

Reactions: 1 person
Are you saying that there are no five star recruits currently on the roster? And that from 2010-2012 there was only one (Rogers)?

Reactions: 1 person
Are you saying that there are no five star recruits currently on the roster? And that from 2010-2012 there was only one (Rogers)?

according to rivals.....yes.

according to rivals, there will be less than 30 guys rated as a 4 star right now.

I think that's 75 guys on the roster.. So basically we r back to where we started in 2010

78, when including matt darr and brent brewer.

i assume they are scholarship players, but i did not see anywhere where rivals listed as being a signee.

i also do not know or remember if tennessee has accepted transfers and that would bump up the number a little more.

Last edited:
Why do you have Mychal Rivera listed under players lost due to attrition? He graduated from high school in 2007, went the JUCO route, played three years at Tennessee and was a redshirt senior last year. He had no more eligibility left. See Mychal Rivera Profile - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics.

i listed guys no longer on the roster for whatever reason.

i wasn't going to breakdown if it was due to grades, transfer, juco graduation, nfl, etc, etc, etc.

i'll leave that for y'all to figure out.

i just listed the guys who were signed in those years who are no longer at tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
i amended the numbers one last time and the count i have now posted is should be accurate based on the info i found.

again, i don't know if anyone has info regarding brent brewer or matt darr, so i can factor them in to the rest of the pool. they were not lised as signees on rivals, but when i saw their names on the ut website roster i figured they had to be scholarship guys.

according to rivals.....yes.

according to rivals, there will be less than 30 guys rated as a 4 star right now.

People seem to forget or minimize the fact that we don't have a roster that can compete week in week out in the SEC right now. Hope Butch can change that, but it's going to be alot of swallowing pi$$ to start out.

i listed guys no longer on the roster for whatever reason.

i wasn't going to breakdown if it was due to grades, transfer, juco graduation, nfl, etc, etc, etc.

i'll leave that for y'all to figure out.

i just listed the guys who were signed in those years who are no longer at tennessee.

That's fine but it simply isn't accurate to describe someone who has graduated or exhausted their eligibility as a casualty of attrition. As for Hunter, Bray, Da'rick Rogers, Sentimore, and Patterson, i.e. guys who were dismissed or declared early for the NFL draft, you are, of course, entirely accurate in your classification.

i amended the numbers one last time and the count i have now posted is should be accurate based on the info i found.

again, i don't know if anyone has info regarding brent brewer or matt darr, so i can factor them in to the rest of the pool. they were not lised as signees on rivals, but when i saw their names on the ut website roster i figured they had to be scholarship guys.

Brent Brewer played minor league baseball for a couple of years then decided to play college football, this is probably why he wasnt ranked/graded with any stars.

VN Store

Back