I've got your attrition #'s

We STILL GONNA WHIP YALLS AZZES!!!!!! Attritin smition!!!! We were sabotaged by ESPN and the bammer mafia!!!! GO VOLS!!!!!!!

i found that.

what i wasn't able to find is a rivals ranking for him.

Darr was the #1 punter in the country out of high school, and Brewer originally commited to FSU, but ended up playing minor league baseball for a few years.

Brent Brewer played minor league baseball for a couple of years then decided to play college football, this is probably why he wasnt ranked/graded with any stars.

This is correct, Brent Brewer's tuition is being paid by an MLB club. I don't think he takes up a scholarship due to this. Out of high school he was a three star that committed to FSU. Brent Brewer - Yahoo! Sports

i amended the numbers one last time and the count i have now posted is should be accurate based on the info i found.

again, i don't know if anyone has info regarding brent brewer or matt darr, so i can factor them in to the rest of the pool. they were not lised as signees on rivals, but when i saw their names on the ut website roster i figured they had to be scholarship guys.

Brewer was a 5.7 3star out of highschool.. Not sure why it's hard for u to find considering its the first link when u google, Brent brewer rivals

Reactions: 1 person
People seem to forget or minimize the fact that we don't have a roster that can compete week in week out in the SEC right now. Hope Butch can change that, but it's going to be alot of swallowing pi$$ to start out.

To be sure. A couple posters on here have continually stated that Dooley built up a depleted roster and left Butch a team in good shape talent wise...it's simply not the case.

Agree with you Fade. Gonna take a couple or 3 recruiting cycles to get the talent restocked to compete for championships. Just the way it is.

Unless u go by 247 like the rest of the universe..

oh, so it's 247 now.

y'all need to make up your mind about recruiting services.

i thought rivals was the preferred service of volnation.

sorry about brewer.

i will still not include him with the rest of the numbers because apparently according to some of the posters here, he is not a scholarship player.

wow 99 im impressed but i still think u have a hidden agenda...lol u do work n Washington right?

To be sure. A couple posters on here have continually stated that Dooley built up a depleted roster and left Butch a team in good shape talent wise...it's simply not the case.

Agree with you Fade. Gonna take a couple or 3 recruiting cycles to get the talent restocked to compete for championships. Just the way it is.

I agree, we are in desperate need of play makers on offense, but if Bray, Hunter, Da'rick Rogers and Patterson were all here for the senior year expectations would be much different. With those guys and someone competent running the defense we could have been in position to some what compete for the SEC east this year. So I guess I am trying to say it's not necessarily Dooley's fault that all those guys left or transferred before this season. If one of our recent quarterback signees is a hit then I think we should be competing in two recruiting cycles, but we probably won't be a national threat for at least three which is tough to stomach considering how long we have been bad for and the length of our current losing streaks to our main rivals.

oh, so it's 247 now.

y'all need to make up your mind about recruiting services.

i thought rivals was the preferred service of volnation.

sorry about brewer.

i will still not include him with the rest of the numbers because apparently according to some of the posters here, he is not a scholarship player.

U must not have been paying attention the last few months.. Rivals has been really bad ever since they've admitted their bias towards kids that attend their camps, certain schools, etc.. And that's not jut being bitter, because they've had UT in the top 5 for a while now.

Last edited:
Are you saying that there are no five star recruits currently on the roster? And that from 2010-2012 there was only one (Rogers)?

lawgator1 -

How did you get that pic of my girlfriend in my pool?!?

(ok...ok...it was actually her pool)

Makes me go "boiiiiiiing!" every time I see it(them).

:dance2:

I agree, we are in desperate need of play makers on offense, but if Bray, Hunter, Da'rick Rogers and Patterson were all here for the senior year expectations would be much different. With those guys and someone competent running the defense we could have been in position to some what compete for the SEC east this year. So I guess I am trying to say it's not necessarily Dooley's fault that all those guys left or transferred before this season. If one of our recent quarterback signees is a hit then I think we should be competing in two recruiting cycles, but we probably won't be a national threat for at least three which is tough to stomach considering how long we have been bad for and the length of our current losing streaks to our main rivals.

Well we have several high 3* to high 4* receivers that I think are ready to bust out this year.. (Bowles, Croom, North, Harris, etc.) And they have all different skill sets.. We have every type of great WR on the team.. We just need a few to step up now that they have their turn.

I'm more worried about the qb getting the ball to them.

78, when including matt darr and brent brewer.

i assume they are scholarship players, but i did not see anywhere where rivals listed as being a signee.

i also do not know or remember if tennessee has accepted transfers and that would bump up the number a little more.

Not sure about Darr but Brewer isn't on scholarship. I think pro baseball pays for him.

The team has more talent+experience+development than it had 3 years ago. You don't need recruiting services... just compare the rosters and expected starting line ups. It is nowhere near ideal... nor is it a roster with a ceiling of 7 wins.

Even if star ratings were infallible, which they are not obviously, a 3* represents a starting SEC player by the time he is an upper classman. So the analysis then goes to all of the 3* that are in that category plus 4* that have at least a year of experience. Add in Croom who is a RS freshman who will be a stud starter this season. Add in a 2* senior in Crump who will probably start at OLB and play well. The experienced talent is there to have a reasonably good season without consideration of the incoming freshmen that will contribute.

No excuses. Butch and staff don't play that game so the fans shouldn't either. No excuses is a winning attitude. If you want to make excuses before the first game go join Dools down with Jones and Romo.

Thanks for the info, 99.

Last edited:
U must not have been paying attention the last few months.. Rivals has been really bad ever since they've admitted their bias towards kids that attend their camps, certain schools, etc.. And that's not jut being bitter, because they've had UT in the top 5 for a while now.

So for the time period we are talking about, rivals should be fine.

Unless they retroactively suck

ok, i've done the work for y'all.

consider it a peace offering for sins i have committed in the past. right now, this is the break down of tennessee's roster based on rivals rankings. it does not include the class of 2013, because tennessee's website does not have all of the names from that class listed on their football roster. it does not include brent brewer. i assume he is not a walk on, but he was not listed as a signee on the rivals website. i don't know what his star ranking was. i listed the players from the 2010 through 2012 classes that for whatever reason are no longer at tennessee based on the ut website football roster. i did not include any attrition from 2009, because those would be 5th year seniors. there are a few 5th year guys still on the roster, but did not feel members of that class should be in the attrition numbers as it would skew them dramatically.

so, currently on the roster (NOT INCLUDING THE INCOMING CLASS OF 2013 or brent brewer)

0 five star

22 four star

29 three star

6 two star

lost attrition from 2010 through 2012 classes

5 star

da'rick rogers

4 star

tyler bray
john brown
dave clark
justin hunter
eddrick lofton
ted meline
matt milton
de'anthony arnett
cam clear
izzauea lanier
pat martin
deion bonner
davante bourque
cordarelle patterson
dante philips

3 star

marques dixon
martaze jackson
mychal rivera
matt simms
darrington sentimore
trent taylor
quenshaun watson

2 star

nash nance

Two questions. 1. Why do you care about UT's roster?
2. Are you from Philadelphia or South Jersey? I ask that because you like Philly sports for some reason.

VN Store

Back