Ivy League Dobbs!

Butch, Butch, Butch....I made every attempt to make my post clear and concise for you...factual....why don't we stick with that for the time being so I can understand how my response to you was moronic?[/QUOTE]

What's even more moronic is you keep calling me Butch. That's isn't my username. lol.

I remember when these things were said about both Manning and Bray. You just accidently made another comparison for us.

You want it to be that way. You're writing off Ferguson, Peterman and Worley due to your man crush on Dobbs. That's the difference.

Nathan peterman remembers when he was that guy

Peterman had his chance last year. Everyone here knows that if you get redshirted you are not the next Peyton Manning. His time has passed. On to Dobbs, who is the next great Vick-clone dual threat QB. Ya know, because he's black.

im thankful that we have 2 freshman qbs coming in that are worthy of having these discussions about. there is no clear cut starter right now so its not out of the realm of possibility for any of them to win the job, but realistically, this should be a Worley/Petey battle. i like Petermans ability to pick up 1st downs with his legs. that changes the dynamic of the offense, entirely, even if its only one 1st down a game. Worley has been through the fire and will have a great O line to protect him. he hit somebody (Pig maybe) down the sideline in the O&W game that was a beautiful pass. passes like that will bust the run game wide open. of course these are only the positives, but im just countering the praise being heaped onto the noobs. in the end the job may not go to the best playmaker,but the best game manager who wont turn the ball over.

Butch, Butch, Butch....I made every attempt to make my post clear and concise for you...factual....why don't we stick with that for the time being so I can understand how my response to you was moronic?

What's even more moronic is you keep calling me Butch. That's isn't my username. lol.

Gee, you fooled him.

You want it to be that way. You're writing off Ferguson, Peterman and Worley due to your man crush on Dobbs. That's the difference.

Nah. No man crush. Just think he has what it takes to be starter at some point this year. Who' writing off anyone? I actually don't care who starts just so long it is a winner. What have you seen from any of the others that make you feel they will start? lol.

I'm excited about Dobbs too but I think Worley is more than capable of leading the offense this year (at the very least, managing games and not forcing turnovers). Peterman will be a serviceable backup this year, and hopefully Dobbs and Ferg (and High) redshirt.

Nah. No man crush. Just think he has what it takes to be starter at some point this year. Who' writing off anyone? I actually don't care who starts just so long it is a winner. What have you seen from any of the others that make you feel they will start? lol.

ive seen them actually take a snap in a game.

You think he could be the starter based on what specifically.

Who cares what he does in the fall as long as he doesn't get hurt. The spring is when we really need him, you guys

Reactions: 1 person
Amazing. Josh hasn't played the first down of football yet and posters are already annointing him because he is intelligent and had his photo taken with PM. Comparisons to Bray are just bad. Bray just "led" UT through the worst 3 year stretch in school history while embarrassing it and the fan base with bad boy antics. Not even drafted. Get real.

All of us want Josh to do well. We also want Worley, who has endured two years of crap with Dools & company to do well. We want Peterman and Ferguson to do well. Somebody will emerge as the best to lead the team and Jones & staff will figure out which one.

You have to ignore MBH. He starts a lot of threads based on his own far-fetched fantasies. I mean, dont actually IGNORE him, bc it does keep a smile on your face, but ignore the point he is trying to make.

I had him on ignore until I realized something was missing from my life...

this-guy...i-love-this-guy-drunk-baby-meme.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
You have to ignore MBH. He starts a lot of threads based on his own far-fetched fantasies. I mean, dont actually IGNORE him, bc it does keep a smile on your face, but ignore the point he is trying to make.

I have a fantasy about Dobbs starting? Do you not want him to start?

I'd rather have a dumbass like Bret Favre who can win me games than a booksmart kid who has little football IQ. Dobbs may be somewhat intelligent, but no way he majors in engineering AND starts as QB. Engineering alone takes up most of a students schedule. Ill reserve judgment on the kid until he steps on a college football field.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'd rather have a dumbass like Bret Favre who can win me games than a booksmart kid who has little football IQ. Dobbs may be somewhat intelligent, but no way he majors in engineering AND starts as QB. Engineering alone takes up most of a students schedule. Ill reserve judgment on the kid until he steps on a college football field.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I wish I was as much as a dumbass as Bret Farve.

I hope that Dobbs has as good of a season as our last Georgia high school quarterback who was thinking of going Ivy League. Nash Nance played this past year at Hampden-Sydney and completed 60% of his passes(147-208), for 2,650+ yards , 24 TDs and 12 Ints.

Unless something has changed since my daughter graduated from Columbia in 2010 Ivy League schools only award financial aid according to financial need, not athletic or academic ability...

Actually, most Ivy League schools offer almost everyone a free ride due to their huge endowments. Harvard's endowment is over $30 BILLION (with a 'B') and they're required by law to give away so much every year so kids whose parents make a combined $250k a year still get a FULL RIDE and a free laptop. Kids' whose parents make more than that still get 75% of their way paid. The brightest kids in the UK, who were considering Cambridge or Oxford but chose Harvard instead, also get to fly roundtrip to the UK for free at least once a year. So if your kid is bright and can get into one of the elite Ivys, don't sweat the payments.

Last edited:
Reading this thread has led me to this opinion...we should start a thread where VN users/posters must post there age. It could be "stickied" and used as a reference by all users. This would help to discern how to appropriately understand, respond to, or simply ignore certain posts or threads etc. But that's just my thought on it.

Kind of sarcasm...sadly, kind of not.

I have a fantasy about Dobbs starting? Do you not want him to start?

He's a true freshman. The fact that you think that he should start, before seeing anything more than HIGHLIGHT films, is a little bit of a fantasy... IMO

I don't want him to start if he's not ready... I want the best possible outcome for Tennesee, but I am not about to start a thread noting visions of grandeur, where he is smarter than one of the greatest defense readers and will start by mid-season?!

...he will be our next great! Athletic as all get out and maybe even more brains than Manning... he was offered by at least 3 Ivy League schools. That doesn't happen often. He will start by mid season! GBO!!!!

Come on man!

PS learn to preview if you can't quote someone correctly

Last edited:

VN Store

Back