J D Vance

jvol1

I remember reading hillbilly elegy back when trump was elected in 2016, if I dont remember much about it at this point. He doesnt seem to fit the typical republican mold very well. What does everyone else think?

I remember reading hillbilly elegy back when trump was elected in 2016, if I dont remember much about it at this point. He doesnt seem to fit the typical republican mold very well. What does everyone else think?

Read and loved the book too. Have you seen the Netflix movie?
True, he is not the stereotypical Republican. But to me that woks in his favor. The milquetoast country club Republicans gave us McCain, Romney, both Bushes, and Bob Dole. The result was that the base eventually got fed up with losing and not taking a stand. That is why Donald Trump happened.
Americans in general I think are realizing finally that the real division in our country isn’t liberals vs conservatives as much as it is those who are in the “Club“ vs those who aren’t. Vance is a sign of this growing awareness. You actually have union members being drawn to a Republican.

People who work hard and become successful will do that
Because it shows that hard work can get you further in life than government hand outs. Which makes people doubt the whole „I‘m from the government and I’m here to help you“ false siren song the statists always are playing.

Because it shows that hard work can get you further in life than government hand outs. Which makes people doubt the whole „I‘m from the government and I’m here to help you“ false siren song the statists always are playing.

You have to work hard to get further if you don’t fit the dei criteria.

You have to work hard to get further if you don’t fit the dei criteria.
Yup, well that is one reason I like Vance. The Hillbilly Elegy movie shows how hard he had to work to overcome his broken home. Then he went into the Marines, went to Iraq, used the GI bill to work his way through college, then got to Yale on scholarship. The kind of story Democrats love to tell; but very few have actually lived (except of course for Joe Biden with his lifeguard work, 18 wheeler driving, and college football career 😂)

For those not aware, Vance in an interview not long ago told Tucker Carlson that Harris and others are childless cat ladies, mad that they don't have children.

Hard to see how that got by the vetting process, but this seems like an enormous problem to me and such an easy avenue of attack moving forward. Going to really hurt with women and what's Trump going to say when asked? There's no good answer.

For those not aware, Vance in an interview not long ago told Tucker Carlson that Harris and others are childless cat ladies, mad that they don't have children.

Hard to see how that got by the vetting process, but this seems like an enormous problem to me and such an easy avenue of attack moving forward. Going to really hurt with women and what's Trump going to say when asked? There's no good answer.
ac615c234f538130ab35e3cc669b409a.gif

I'm 100% positive that you got him now.

Okay, sorry about that.... in all seriousness... the impact is he gets less of the crazy cat lady vote, probably less than the psycho gay vote from what I can tell from this thread.

LG right now.

patrick-bateman-music.gif

What is going to be more of the problem than this comment is how much farther right Vance is compared to Trump. Should Harris get Beshear or Shapiro, they are going to look better than a strict, hard-liner like Vance to the average voter.

What is going to be more of the problem than this comment is how much farther right Vance is compared to Trump. Should Harris get Beshear or Shapiro, they are going to look better than a strict, hard-liner like Vance to the average voter.

Trump is a traditional dem, 40 years ago he would have been left of center dem.

Have you ever been to a cat lady’s house? The aroma is beyond unbearable. BTW, this is a giant nothing burger. If Kamala has an ounce of intelligence, then she should grill Trump and Vance on abortion.

I would like to know, specifically, what exactly did Trump do to convince Vance to go from calling Trump Hitler, to singing his praises?

Also, from what I've seen the guy is a terrible speaker. The whole diet mountain dew speech was about as cringe as it gets.

Reactions: NashVol11
He seems like an odd choice. I think his story of bootstrapping himself out of poverty is great but he's made some wild quotes in the past and seems to be polling terribly.

Did he bootstrap himself out? He went to Yale on a scholarship for low-income kids. That's somebody else giving you a fkn golden ladder. I know he had problems at home, but I believe they were technically middle-class, too.

Reactions: EasternVol

What you fail to understand is that the people who take offense to that comment were never going to vote for him in the first place.

Did he bootstrap himself out? He went to Yale on a scholarship for low-income kids. That's somebody else giving you a fkn golden ladder. I know he had problems at home, but I believe they were technically middle-class, too.
His mom was a nurse. The nurses' kids I grew up with weren't starving.
I think he primarily a grfter and he's got the stories to prove it.

I would like to know, specifically, what exactly did Trump do to convince Vance to go from calling Trump Hitler, to singing his praises?

Also, from what I've seen the guy is a terrible speaker. The whole diet mountain dew speech was about as cringe as it gets.
Probably the same thing Biden said to Harris after she called him racist. Money and power seems to always work out differences.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back