J D Vance

How do people feel about vance and his approach to unionized labor? Seems like a complete 180 for conservatives to support unions.

After reading all this the only conclusion I can draw from this is that JD Vance and Sen Katie Britt would make the perfect couple.

Politics is full of drama.

Reactions: EasternVol
I would like to know, specifically, what exactly did Trump do to convince Vance to go from calling Trump Hitler, to singing his praises?

Also, from what I've seen the guy is a terrible speaker. The whole diet mountain dew speech was about as cringe as it gets.
I think he saw that Trump (despite all of his bluster and „mean tweets“) actually governed in a basically centrist way; not in a far right way (realizing of course that in liberal talking points, Even Mitt Romney was called „far right“).
And politically, I think Trump picked him not caring if you or I liked him. I think his only concern was what voters in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin think of Vance. It was a bit of a gable. Only November 5th will tell us if it was a good decision or not I guess.

Trump is literally the biggest liar in the history of politics. Nearly every other word out of his mouth is a lie. But that's fine.
There is a distinct difference between exaggerating/hyperbole and straight out saying that you didn’t support something that you clearly did. Kamala did in fact solicit bail money for rioters. She did in fact call for defunding the police. She did in fact call for doing away with ICE. And she was indeed rated as the most liberal Senator by GovTrack until they memory-holed thatvweb page this week.

I haven't read Hillbilly Elegy yet, but I'm interested to see how much of what this guy put down is exaggerated outrage. On one hand, he's right about building things like generational wealth. On the other, almost every single one of these economic development types in that region (SWVA) are way too positive and get extremely triggered when negatives are pointed out. Their heads are in the sand- you can't fix something if you refuse to let it be diagnosed. The entire region is stagnating, and it's because the governments and economic developers flat out refuse a reality check.

For this news source (Cardinal News and the SWVA area) I am speaking from extremely intimate experience, including directly in economic development on federal projects.

EDIT: As an example, I'm downright tired of hearing about "creating entrepreneurs" there. Local governments and economic developers have explicitly and intentionally run off existing valuable job creators in the interest of pursuing "technology" and "entrepreneurship". They've made an error we always tell people not to do, which is ditching their existing opportunity before landing a new one. They're all following a very antiquated form of economic development centered around the old idea of "if you build it, they will come". They're throwing taxpayer money down a pit.

How can we expect people to be entrepreneurs when we haven't given them the chance to have a damn job that allows them to have a safety stock of money? How can we expect people to be creative when we teach all the "future entrepreneurs" to think along the exact same (stupid) framework some egghead at Harvard invented as a doctoral thesis? Kilgore was guilty of being part of that exact failing machine.

Last edited:
The left criticized Trump for relations with a “side piece”.

And somehow they have managed to nominate and plan to vote for a “side piece”

Good job guys. Never change.

Reactions: VOLS INC.
What you just stated is a lie.
There you Joseph Goebbels-ing again. Your lie within a lie has ben told before, oh, Josey, boy. We know what you Trump-MAGAs are doing. You're Nazifying.
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” (Joseph Goebbels)

Hitler's policy on lying.
His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it. (Adolph Hitler)

Trump and his MAGAs implement these policies to the letter.

Last edited:
There is a distinct difference between exaggerating/hyperbole and straight out saying that you didn’t support something that you clearly did. Kamala did in fact solicit bail money for rioters. She did in fact call for defunding the police. She did in fact call for doing away with ICE. And she was indeed rated as the most liberal Senator by GovTrack until they memory-holed thatvweb page this week.
And it bears repeating, over and over and over, that she was, in fact, named border czar and has, in fact, overseen a series of objective failures in securing the border.

I haven't read Hillbilly Elegy yet, but I'm interested to see how much of what this guy put down is exaggerated outrage. On one hand, he's right about building things like generational wealth. On the other, almost every single one of these economic development types in that region (SWVA) are way too positive and get extremely triggered when negatives are pointed out. Their heads are in the sand- you can't fix something if you refuse to let it be diagnosed. The entire region is stagnating, and it's because the governments and economic developers flat out refuse a reality check.

For this news source (Cardinal News and the SWVA area) I am speaking from extremely intimate experience, including directly in economic development on federal projects.

EDIT: As an example, I'm downright tired of hearing about "creating entrepreneurs" there. Local governments and economic developers have explicitly and intentionally run off existing valuable job creators in the interest of pursuing "technology" and "entrepreneurship". They've made an error we always tell people not to do, which is ditching their existing opportunity before landing a new one. They're all following a very antiquated form of economic development centered around the old idea of "if you build it, they will come". They're throwing taxpayer money down a pit.

How can we expect people to be entrepreneurs when we haven't given them the chance to have a damn job that allows them to have a safety stock of money? How can we expect people to be creative when we teach all the "future entrepreneurs" to think along the exact same (stupid) framework some egghead at Harvard invented as a doctoral thesis? Kilgore was guilty of being part of that exact failing machine.
Yeah there's some hyperbole from Frank in the article, and he could ignore facts that didn't suit him. I doubt for example that Dante was the first school in the country to integrate its sports teams and he didn't mention that they didn't integrate the schools then. But he did get some good things accomplished. It was his disdain for Vance that I found of interest for this discusssion.
Which job providers were run off?

Yeah there's some hyperbole from Frank in the article, and he could ignore facts that didn't suit him. I doubt for example that Dante was the first school in the country to integrate its sports teams and he didn't mention that they didn't integrate the schools then. But he did get some good things accomplished. It was his disdain for Vance that I found of interest for this discusssion.
Which job providers were run off?
Off the top of my head, the city intentionally ignored calls from Norfolk Southern about workforce and infrastructure needs, contributing to them moving their locomotive shops out of town. Most of the smaller machine shops and specialized manufacturing firms in Roanoke City left just before COVID as the city building inspector mysteriously started "cracking down" on all of them even though they were all compliant. The city moved the transportation hub smack into the middle of the most walkable and cleanest part of the city for no reason other than to strike out at the businesses from out of town that developed the area. Regionally, the big education centers totally stopped providing trade training (or much of any training in support of local industry) in favor of coding and computer classes or useless entrepreneurship programs (mercifully they have back tracked here). I have more examples in a lot of my notes that I can look up later.

Off the top of my head, the city intentionally ignored calls from Norfolk Southern about workforce and infrastructure needs, contributing to them moving their locomotive shops out of town. Most of the smaller machine shops and specialized manufacturing firms in Roanoke City left just before COVID as the city building inspector mysteriously started "cracking down" on all of them even though they were all compliant. The city moved the transportation hub smack into the middle of the most walkable and cleanest part of the city for no reason other than to strike out at the businesses from out of town that developed the area. Regionally, the big education centers totally stopped providing trade training (or much of any training in support of local industry) in favor of coding and computer classes or useless entrepreneurship programs (mercifully they have back tracked here). I have more examples in a lot of my notes that I can look up later.
Yeah that's pretty messed up.

Trump is literally the biggest liar in the history of politics. Nearly every other word out of his mouth is a lie. But that's fine.
No, his delivery is off, and sometimes he exaggerates, but if someone says something you don’t like, it doesn’t make it a lie, you do realize that, right?

Reactions: BreatheUT
His sarcasm and hyperbole are going to be his downfall…..it wouldn’t surprise me if Trump dumps him

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh
Yeah that's pretty messed up.
The worst one I just remembered was being in a regional stakeholders breakfast and the sitting Roanoke City econ dev said the city was "proud" to no longer be a manufacturing and rail city to applause from many in the room.

If it's not a manufacturing and rail city... what is it? What replaced those things?

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back