Jadeveon Clowney Quote about Tiny

They did.

I just don't see the point of Tiny talking this up unless he thinks he can truly shut him down all day.

Offensive lineman get beat, just like DBs do. Part of the game.
Yeah. A guy like Clowney is going to make some plays.. You just have to minimize his impact somehow.. Being a few scores up does that. Tennessee doesn't have the horses right now to accomplish that.. They have played them close the last couple of years with far less talent though.. Gives one hope anyway..

28-14 for what? So you drop what is working and go air raid.. That game was tight for the most part.. Chaney sucked azz. End of story..

Don't really know what question you are asking. Yes that was one of the 3 or 4 times we were down by at least 2 scores.

3.4 yards a carry wasn't exactly gashing them on the run. Not really a good example to use on Chaney's shortcomings when it came to calling a game.

Defense cost us that game not Chaney. That should be the end of this story.

Don't really know what question you are asking. Yes that was one of the 3 or 4 times we were down by at least 2 scores.

3.4 yards a carry wasn't exactly gashing them on the run. Not really a good example to use on Chaney's shortcomings when it came to calling a game.

Defense cost us that game not Chaney. That should be the end of this story.
:hi: not the right game.. I remember it being tight and a few bone head decisions.. Like usual..

:hi: not the right game.. I remember it being tight and a few bone head decisions.. Like usual..

The Florida game was a great example of Chaney abandoning the run too early. We went up 20-13 halfway through the 3rd quarter and was running the ball effectively . After AJ scored to give us the lead, our defense caused Florida to go 3 and out and blocked a punt. Tennessee had all of the momentum in the world, and then Chaney called 3 straight pass plays down the field and went 3 and out ourselves. The next series Burton busts one for an 80 yard score and UT never recovered.

Reactions: 1 person
The Florida game was a great example of Chaney abandoning the run too early. We went up 20-13 halfway through the 3rd quarter and was running the ball effectively . After AJ scored to give us the lead, our defense caused Florida to go 3 and out and blocked a punt. Tennessee had all of the momentum in the world, and then Chaney called 3 straight pass plays down the field and went 3 and out ourselves. The next series Burton busts one for an 80 yard score and UT never recovered.
Yeah.. When it comes to Florida i just about expect the worst than can happen will.. I hate that bunch.. That game really set the tone for the rest of the season i think.. Deflated them in a lot of ways..Yeah that was a prime example.. There were a few other WTF times but that probably was the most obvious.. Things get magnified when you're not as good as the team your playing.. Tennessee simply hasn't been as good as the better teams on their schedule so they didn't have much margin for error..

Last edited:
Had nothing to do with Chaney. The offense did its job. The leaky defense made Clowney more relevant than he should have been.

All this talk about the 'one sack being all it took' is a bunch of trendy rubbish. It finished the Vols off that day. But 60 minutes of sh!tty defense is what lost the game for UT.

Exactly!!!

Yeah.. When it comes to Florida i just about expect the worst than can happen will.. I hate that bunch.. That game really set the tone for the rest of the season i think.. Deflated them in a lot of ways..Yeah that was a prime example.. There were a few other WTF times but that probably was the most obvious.. Things get magnified when you're not as good as the team your playing.. Tennessee simply hasn't been as good as the better teams on their schedule so they didn't have much margin for error..
That Gator team was not better than us. We were equal if not better talent with bad coaching. We win that game with a competent coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Clowney rocks - I'm sorry. I hope he turns Murray to mush and would love to see him waste McCarron in the title game. But if anybody can slow that beast down, it's Tiny.

Clowney rocks - I'm sorry. I hope he turns Murray to mush and would love to see him waste McCarron in the title game. But if anybody can slow that beast down, it's Tiny.

I don't think Clowney is "full of himself" like a lot of people are saying on here. Just a quietly confident guy. Talking to him in person, he's a quiet, humble and well mannered kid. He's just having some fun. It's more of a compliment to Tiny seeing as he later went on to say that Tiny and Lewan from Michigan were the best OL he's faced.

I'm a gamecock fan and was really impressed with Tiny last year. That guy's a monster and one of the few who could consistently block Clowney. That will be an unbelievable matchup on October that I'm sure all NFL scouts will be tuning in to.

Should be a good game as well since y'all are one of the few teams who will be able to contain/neutralize our pass rush. Sutton on the other end is a better talent than Devin Taylor IMO so he will make some noise this year. Good luck Vols and please beat UGA this year.

Clowney is a great player- he blows up most plays and has to be identified on each play. Tiny did a great job on him along with our TE. Clowney needs to zip it up and stop whining. He is not used to getting beat.

Clowney is a great player- he blows up most plays and has to be identified on each play. Tiny did a great job on him along with our TE. Clowney needs to zip it up and stop whining. He is not used to getting beat.

The OP is as quality a reporter as most of the free AP guys. He put a quote with no context on a message board. You have no idea what Clowney was saying before and after this clip that the OP posted. Its not really an insult, and from what I read from Clowney last year, I give him the benefit of the doubt over this goofball OP for posting this out of context. He (Clowney) seems like he has his head on his shoulders, and he really respects Richardson.

The OP is as quality a reporter as most of the free AP guys. He put a quote with no context on a message board. You have no idea what Clowney was saying before and after this clip that the OP posted. Its not really an insult, and from what I read from Clowney last year, I give him the benefit of the doubt over this goofball OP for posting this out of context. He (Clowney) seems like he has his head on his shoulders, and he really respects Richardson.
No doubt Clowney has respect for Tiny. Even Tiny called out Clowney for whining. Being held is no excuse. Clowney got whipped- we'll see in this years match up.

hahaha wow. i cannot wait for the SC game this year. Though, we should all remember the one bad play that game as well:

Jadeveon Clowney's Game Saving Forced Fumble! [South Carolina vs Tennessee] - YouTube

“He thinks about it every day,” UT tackle Ju’Wuan James said. “Me and him have watched that film over and over. He’s just working toward letting nothing like that happen ever again.”

Richardson allowed two sacks all year — the other being against Vanderbilt.

Goosebumps. GBO.

VN Store

Back