Jake Merklinger

I don’t buy that. Merklinger didn’t run things as well as Moore when he got in. Granted, Merk was playing with backups and we called the dogs off by slowing down but still. Moore just looks different right now, which is to be expected. Plus, just common sense-wise, if Coach were going with Merk as the backup in a true need situation why wouldn’t we be giving our true freshman QB valuable game reps? That’s just people trying to create controversy for listeners.
The fair comparison is Jake's first year vs Gaston's first year. Even that is flawed by other factors.
Of course there is a difference ... Gaston is what ... a 6th year senior and Jake is in his first year. What we should be seeing is .... how small the difference there is ... when compared with the years in the system!
Jake was better than I expected.

The fair comparison is Jake's first year vs Gaston's first year. Even that is flawed by other factors.
Of course there is a difference ... Gaston is what ... a 6th senior and Jake is in his first year. What we should be seeing is .... how small the difference there when compared with the years in the system!
Jake was better than I expected.
I get your point but that’s not what we’re talking about. Heaven forbid we actually need our backup to play but if that day comes right now it’s Moore, not Merk and it doesn’t appear to even be close, nor would I expect it to be. Merk is likely more talented with a higher upside but he’s green.

Reactions: SN-A-C Orange

VN Store

Back