Jalen ButtHurts not happy with QB competition anymore. (would Tennessee be interested?)

Hurts was successful only because he had outstanding talent around him. He won’t have that here, at least not in the short term. So it’s a no for me.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The MVP of our spring game was QB Mac Jones. He easily outplayed Jalen who really struggled with the forward pass even though Tua was out with an injury. Both Tua and Jalen this summer were asked to not feed the media frenzy that loves to run with this stuff. If Jalen resents that, so be it.

As far as coach Saban's position with both guys, I watched as Jalen and Tua have been put on the leadership committee and have participated on numerous leadership trips. Coach has been as transparent as possible with Jalen even after his father gave his famous ultimatum. Which for a head coach himself was unforgivable.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Hurts was successful only because he had outstanding talent around him. He won’t have that here, at least not in the short term. So it’s a no for me.

Same here. I don’t see him being serviceable with the level of talent he will have here versus at what he had at Bama.

The only area of our team that is running ahead of our talent is mental toughness. Not. Gonna. Happen.
Let's see your mental toughness when you start losing 2 or 3 games a year. The state will burn.

Enjoy it while saba is here. When he leaves no coach will take that program. T town burns. And you think we are crazy fans.

Let's see your mental toughness when you start losing 2 or 3 games a year. The state will burn.

Enjoy it while saba is here. When he leaves no coach will take that program. T town burns. And you think we are crazy fans.

I personally remember coach Bryant and Bama very well. This dynasty is a lot more tradition than happenstance. Don't bet on it.

I personally remember coach Bryant and Bama very well. This dynasty is a lot more tradition than happenstance. Don't bet on it.
Yeah, dont act like dubose didnt happen. You guys can eat it hard too.

You believe what my idiot family who are bammers think. We will never go down. Every dynasty falls and fall hard you will. When saban leaves it, that program will be good but not natty every year. Then you will fire a coach that probably wins 9 or 10 for a dubose type and then t town burns. I look forward to it.

The MVP of our spring game was QB Mac Jones. He easily outplayed Jalen who really struggled with the forward pass even though Tua was out with an injury. Both Tua and Jalen this summer were asked to not feed the media frenzy that loves to run with this stuff. If Jalen resents that, so be it.

As far as coach Saban's position with both guys, I watched as Jalen and Tua have been put on the leadership committee and have participated on numerous leadership trips. Coach has been as transparent as possible with Jalen even after his father gave his famous ultimatum. Which for a head coach himself was unforgivable.

What was the ultimatum? Jalen starts or else?

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
Maybe I went over the top with the Butthurts thing....whatever, my bad. :cool:

Jalen Frustrated

Cliff notes:
Basically ole boy is upset about how everyone is handling the Tua/Hurts debate after Tua came in during the National Championship.

Things haven't blown over and Bama coaches don't give a crap about his feelings which apparently really upsets him since he brings it up multiple times in the article.

Hurts was upset enough that he blasted them to the media when Bama let them interview him today.

Humor me briefly....... IF he were to transfer,which is starting to slowly look more and more likely....What are the odds Pruitt tries to grab him next season despite us having a fairly crowded roster? Would we even want him? Ladies and Gentlemen, your thoughts?

PS. I realize this may belong in Around the NCAA instead but seeing as how I'm genuinely curious at a recruitment level I posted it here. My apologies if it has to be moved.

Tua supposedly has a brother as good or better than he is about ready to graduate. If Saban picks Hurts over Tua, he loses two and chances are faces both of them on down the way. If he lets Hurts go, oh well, he just loses a very good running back of which he has a stable full of them. Hurts is not a QB at the NFL level, he's letting his and his father's ego get the better of him IMO.

. I just want bama to lose. I'm gonna take a week off from work and watch the empire fall.

Or maybe he wants to turn you guys in again for cheating. Hahaha. Kenny smith was no player to cheat for

You know inspector gadget better than me. I'll take your word for it. And if you're going to watch the empire fall you're going to need more than a week off. And..................................................................................

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Catfishvfl
Tua supposedly has a brother as good or better than he is about ready to graduate. If Saban picks Hurts over Tua, he loses two and chances are faces both of them on down the way. If he lets Hurts go, oh well, he just loses a very good running back of which he has a stable full of them. Hurts is not a QB at the NFL level, he's letting his and his father's ego get the better of him IMO.

Tua's showing at the Elite 11 had him next to last place I believe or second to last. He was meh. Last place being a kid who got hurt so the boy didn't even compete. I only remember because Maurer ended up 4th or 5th. i'm sure its on the forums if you search it. I made a comment in the thread

Afraid so. Something no self-respecting high school head coach would put up with from any parent.
Hurts father was the one that put it out there after the spring that if Jalen did not get the nod over Tua he would be going somewhere else. Saban just echoed what the father told the press. I actually think Saban tried to stay out of it.

VN Store

Back