Jamal Wallace commits to the vols

Sorry, but this is not adding the level of talent needed to beat the UGA's and Bama's of college football. You cannot base your additions on finding diamonds in the rough and expect to compete for championships. The bottom line is, this staff and our NIL collective ain't getting the job done.
In Rodney Garner I trust.

In Rodney Garner I trust.
I trust the Win / Loss record and number of championships. I NEVER trust coaches. You are either producing a high winning percentage and championships or you're producing nothing. High level talented players, the kind that Bama and Georgia get, is what gets consistent results, not coaches.

Reactions: mattlock3tt
I trust the Win / Loss record and number of championships. I NEVER trust coaches. You are either producing a high winning percentage and championships or you're producing nothing. High level talented players, the kind that Bama and Georgia get, is what gets consistent results, not coaches.
I tooā€¦ trust Rodney Garner. If there is one coach I trust to produce, itā€™s that guy. His record speaks for itself.

and Rodney Garner has a career that more than shows he's worthy of Trust. More than any other coach on campus perhaps.

Tell that to Jimbo Fisher and TA&M
Fisher at TA&M was an exception. The Jimmies and the Joes are still the major factor.

However, we all know the rating services aren't always right. A lot of of it is hype. Several years ago there was a linebacker from here (I don't live in a large city) who was rated 5 stars and recruited by UT. Because of that a VFL and I went to watch him play. It was obvious when he ran out on the field that he was a big, athletic guy. But he didn't have a nose for the ball. When the game was over my friend and a I agreed. Neither of us would offer him a scholarship. He went to a west coast school and was never a factor on that team.

So ratings aren't everything.

No it's not...
Not compared to what we've been targeting all year.

"In Garner we trust" šŸ˜.
Yeah, on the field for sure, but we have to sign the talent first.

Dooley level reach.
Yep. He's a body, but I'll be surprised if he's much more. I gave up on expecting a lot from juco guys a long time ago.

Where are the highlights for this guy?
I saw a few where he threw a shoulder into an opponent and knocked them down. Big guy standing up as an outside rush end, but not really much else that I found.

Go watch this kidā€™s highlights. Iā€™d bet heā€™s the biggest surprise of the class. Heā€™s fast l, extremely violent and will give teams fits trying to account for him and Pierce a the same time.

Reactions: Ratvol
Go watch this kidā€™s highlights. Iā€™d bet heā€™s the biggest surprise of the class. Heā€™s fast l, extremely violent and will give teams fits trying to account for him and Pierce a the same time.
190 pound RB canā€™t block this kid. Heā€™s gonna present a ton of problems for offenses in 2024.

Go VOLS

Fisher at TA&M was an exception. The Jimmies and the Joes are still the major factor.

However, we all know the rating services aren't always right. A lot of of it is hype. Several years ago there was a linebacker from here (I don't live in a large city) who was rated 5 stars and recruited by UT. Because of that a VFL and I went to watch him play. It was obvious when he ran out on the field that he was a big, athletic guy. But he didn't have a nose for the ball. When the game was over my friend and a I agreed. Neither of us would offer him a scholarship. He went to a west coast school and was never a factor on that team.

So ratings aren't everything.
Agreed. The best two examples I can think of for the Vols: #1 Brian Darden and #2 O.J. Owens. Darden was a 5* rated the #1 RB and if I remember correctly, the #1 overall recruit in his class. Never panned out. Owens was the most coveted safety in his class. Don't think he ever started a game.

VN Store

Back