James Pearce Arrested - charges dropped

Depends on the officer you ask. If they know they're driving suspended I'm taking them to jail period. Too much liability
Driving on suspended with a first offense you may can use a little discretion and cite them into court as long as someone with a valid license came and got them and the vehicle. Some people don't know their license has been suspended. Also depends on what the suspension is for. DUI, drag racing or similar yeah gotta go. Court fines pffft cite unless you been pulled over multiple times then yeah it's obvious you didn't appreciate not being taken to jail.

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
I can't BELIEVE that there's not one person/assistant/pencil pusher in that building that can't MAKE SURE that NOBODY has a damn suspended license. And/or HELPS rectify it IMMEDIATELY!
I can't believe personal responsibility is not a thing. It is not the job of some assistant or pencil pusher to make sure the guy has a valid license. It is James Pearce jr's job to do that. If he needs someone to do that for him, there's no way he is going to be able to handle fame and the NFL money.

In Tuscaloosa, he could of also had marijuana and a pistol under his seat and he would have been fine.
The old joke used to be in Tuscaloosa that a Bama football player was drunk, pulled over, and came out of the car and broke his beer bottle over the head of the cop.

The cop was fired for spilling the player's beer.

A lot of states it’s mandatory. Not to mention the liability if he cuts him loose and he hits someone.
If you see him leave with a licensed driver there would be no liability. What states is it mandatory to take someone to jail for first offense driving on suspended?

Not a championship caliber team without a few felons TBH.

Let’s keep the murders down, misdemeanors/light felonies is just a championship mindset.

I have a nephew who’s a tenured college professor on a major SEC campus and has been for a while. Speaking in general terms now …he recently said the last few years the absolute lack of ability to think, process, and absorb simple information is at a all time low for incoming students the likes we’ve never seen. He also noted the level of gullibility and immaturity is astounding. Does this give Pearce a pass? Of course not. I realize kids have always been kids and do stupid “kid” things but CLEARLY something is wrong on our college campuses.

Reactions: tbh and DuckInAPen
If you see him leave with a licensed driver there would be no liability. What states is it mandatory to take someone to jail for first offense driving on suspended?
I’m not saying it’s mandatory in TN. It is in other states. Who said there was another licensed driver?

I have a nephew who’s a tenured college professor on a major SEC campus and has been for a while. Speaking in general terms now …he recently said the last few years the absolute lack of ability to think, process, and absorb simple information is at a all time low for incoming students the likes we’ve never seen. He also noted the level of gullibility and immaturity is astounding. Does this give Pearce a pass? Of course not. I realize kids have always been kids and do stupid “kid” things but CLEARLY something is wrong on our college campuses.
The problems started way before the kids get to college. Our country is reaping what it has sown. Give kids power at a young age and they will have zero respect for authority and they will expect someone else to take responsibility instead.

I’m not saying it’s mandatory in TN. It is in other states. Who said there was another licensed driver?
Well to be fair you quoted Jaxon Vol saying he'd have them call a valid licensed driver when you replied about the liability

Suspend him for the bowl game? Good lordt. Is this college or VBS. Why should he get suspended? It's a traffic violation. People with these purity requirements are the absolute worst.
No it was a traffic violation until he decided not to cooperate. Not having a driver’s license and being a jerk. He needs to miss a game!

I was taught to respect law enforcement officers. If you break the laws then you should comply with them always. Like momma said don’t make me ask a second time
You and I were taught that, but as a 20 YO Pearce has lived 15% of his life after George Floyd..... for the last 3 years he's been instructed to stand up for his rights and ignore LEO, and if he gets shot, his family gets a windfall.....
And BTW, our company runs a license checks on all employees with access to company vehicles, and every year there's at least one who has a suspended or expired license they were unaware of.

VN Store

Back