January 6 Retribution Begins

This should open up Pelosi for not acting on the threat of violence. If she acts and brings in the national guard, none of this happens.

I have no idea on how they are going to tie Trump to this if there was no communication between him and these groups.

The planning of this happened on facebook. Where was the fact checkers during this? should facebook also be involved in the lawsuit?

OJ Simpson spent years running from a civil judgment to the Brown family. He may still be.

NFL Pensions are excluded from civil judgements. The family has been seeking funds from other assets, which they have a right to, but not his pension.

When you lose in civil court no misdemeanor or felony goes on your record.

Criminal negligence can actually be tried as a crime. Manslaughter would fall under this.

"filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., on behalf of Thompson in his personal capacity by the NAACP and civil rights law firm Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll, sought unspecified compensatory and punitive damages."

can't imagine what his standing is or how he suffered damages.

Purpose is to obtain a deposition of Trump, that's pretty much it. While I am curious as to whether Trump indeed was as delighted by the assault on the Capitol as reported, and if he knew Pence was in danger for a lengthy period and did nothing, fact is that I think most anti-Trump voters don't need to see any more on that and pro-Trump voters don't care whether the reports are true in the first place.

So, this will accomplish next to nothing, in my view.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Purpose is to obtain a deposition of Trump, that's pretty much it. While I am curious as to whether Trump indeed was as delighted by the assault on the Capitol as reported, and if he knew Pence was in danger for a lengthy period and did nothing, fact is that I think most anti-Trump voters don't need to see any more on that and pro-Trump voters don't care whether the reports are true in the first place.

They’ll never get a deposition from him.

I'm betting it gets tossed for lack of standing. The suit is on behalf of someone as a private citizen. You have about as much standing as the Congressional member. Also can't imagine what his damages as a private citizen are. Will have to be a very friendly court to let this go forward.

Reactions: AM64
I'm betting it gets tossed for lack of standing. The suit is on behalf of someone as a private citizen. You have about as much standing as the Congressional member. Also can't imagine what his damages as a private citizen are. Will have to be a very friendly court to let this go forward.

If he claims that he was in some way damaged by the entry, i.e. assault or battery or something, then that would presumably be the source of the claim.

I'm not sure what the basis is for jurisdiction in federal court. Typically has to be either a federal claim or a diversity case. Its probably different because its within DC. So maybe their jurisdiction is different than the average situaiton I deal with.

They’ll never get a deposition from him.

I am sure that there will be many motions filed to prevent it.

And like I say it doesn't matter because the anti-Trump crowd has concluded Trump was willing to let Pence get some kind of comeuppance from the mob and the pro-Trump crowd is fine with that even if Trump promoted it in some way.

If he claims that he was in some way damaged by the entry, i.e. assault or battery or something, then that would presumably be the source of the claim.

I'm not sure what the basis is for jurisdiction in federal court. Typically has to be either a federal claim or a diversity case. Its probably different because its within DC. So maybe their jurisdiction is different than the average situaiton I deal with.

I've seen no news reporting indicating he was damaged in such a way.

Donald Trump trashes Mitch McConnell calling him 'a dour, sullen and unsmiling political hack,' claiming he is 'destroying' GOP, is compromised on China by Wife Elaine Chao and tells senators to FIRE him - after GOP leader blamed him for MAGA riot

President Donald Trump denounced Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell Tuesday as an 'unsmiling political hack' – days after the Republican party's most senior elected official voted to acquit Trump of inciting the Capitol riot but then blasted his conduct in an excoriating speech.

He called the Republicans' most senior elected figure 'dour, sullen' and urged the party's senators to end his leadership in a lengthy, racially-loaded and vitriolic statement issued from Mar-a-Lago.

Donald Trump trashes Mitch McConnell as 'a dour, sullen and unsmiling political hack' | Daily Mail Online

VN Store

Back