January 6 Retribution Begins

I'm not sure USDA ethics regs apply to congress.

Edit: or this staute.

it's an example of the legal use of "personal capacity". There are tons of links explaining the legal term - all point to the same thing; an exclusion of activities connected to one's "official capacity" eg. Congressional member making a Congressional vote.

Reactions: AM64
it's an example of the legal use of "personal capacity". There are tons of links explaining the legal term - all point to the same thing; an exclusion of activities connected to one's "official capacity" eg. Congressional member making a Congressional vote.

The way I read the statute, the aggrieved party has the right to sue and collect damages personally. I may be wrong, we will see.

The way I read the statute, the aggrieved party has the right to sue and collect damages personally. I may be wrong, we will see.

we will see

my point is the claimed damages accrue from prevention of performing official duties yet the suit is filed in the plaintiff's personal capacity rather than official capacity.

a side note is whether or not damages to the plaintiff even occurred. he was not prevented from discharging his duties; only slightly delayed. the entire question of whether or not damages actually occurred is relevant if this suit makes it past the initial stages

I am sure that there will be many motions filed to prevent it.

And like I say it doesn't matter because the anti-Trump crowd has concluded Trump was willing to let Pence get some kind of comeuppance from the mob and the pro-Trump crowd is fine with that even if Trump promoted it in some way.

Since Nancy was the one in control of whether the national guard was called in to help protect the capital building. I think the fault should lay on her shoulders. She knew in advance that there was a probability of violence ( per fbi intelligence) and she did nothing. So it left the capital police undermanned and you get what happened.

we will see

my point is the claimed damages accrue from prevention of performing official duties yet the suit is filed in the plaintiff's personal capacity rather than official capacity.

a side note is whether or not damages to the plaintiff even occurred. he was not prevented from discharging his duties; only slightly delayed. the entire question of whether or not damages actually occurred is relevant if this suit makes it past the initial stages

$1 damages.

we will see

And, since he is suing as a private citizens, does this open him up for counter suit. Slander, lawyer fees and court costs. So on and so on

JUST IN: House Dems have introduced a bill to ban “twice impeached presidents” from burial at Arlington National Cemetery and federal funds from going to buildings displaying their names or acknowledging their achievements

This bill is called the "No Glory For Hate Act"

Reactions: ajvol01 and AM64
How rich...a hate bill called the "No Glory for Hate Act". When Trump does pass, I bet they will dig him up later and put his corpse on trial. They can appoint Adam Schiff to answer for the corpse before pronouncing it guilty of something and mutilating it in public.
It wouldn't be the first time:

Pope Stephen (Stephanus) VI was the bishop of Rome and ruler of the Papal States. He instigated the Cadaver Synod. In January 897, Pope Stephen had the body of deceased Pope Formosus exhumed and placed on trial charging perjury and illegal ascension to the papacy (probably Russian collusion 😁). The corpse was found guilty in a sham trial (impeachment) that was purely politically motivated. Formosus' papacy was retroactively declared null, and his body was thrown into the Tiber River. Days later, the body of Formosus washed up on the banks and, people believed, performed miracles. The illegitimate trial and aftermath caused a public uprising. Pope Stephen was deposed and imprisoned. He was hung while incarcerated. All because he acted on a strong political urge to undo the works of a previous Pope (administration). I don't know if anyone sees a little relevance to current events.

Borrowed from another source.

It wouldn't be the first time:

Pope Stephen (Stephanus) VI was the bishop of Rome and ruler of the Papal States. He instigated the Cadaver Synod. In January 897, Pope Stephen had the body of deceased Pope Formosus exhumed and placed on trial charging perjury and illegal ascension to the papacy (probably Russian collusion 😁). The corpse was found guilty in a sham trial (impeachment) that was purely politically motivated. Formosus' papacy was retroactively declared null, and his body was thrown into the Tiber River. Days later, the body of Formosus washed up on the banks and, people believed, performed miracles. The illegitimate trial and aftermath caused a public uprising. Pope Stephen was deposed and imprisoned. He was hung while incarcerated. All because he acted on a strong political urge to undo the works of a previous Pope (administration). I don't know if anyone sees a little relevance to current events.

Borrowed from another source.

Yes...just what I was thinking. Their hatred of Trump has no bounds.

we will see

I dont think they get to officially claim the bribes they take as part of their official capacity. That may be the angle he is working on.

Reactions: AM64
It is not an order that must be followed.
giphy.gif

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back