Jewish groups alarmed by Arizona's potential gas executions

I had to look it up. Leave it to Louder to find the verses about donkey balls.
It was always great dropping that one on one of our religion teachers in Catholic school.

I have yet to meet anyone anywhere close to as irreverent about Christianity as my high school classmates at our Catholic school.

When you can get the school priest to make an announcement over the PA that reading the Bible, or quoting it aloud, will no longer be allowed in our catholic school, you know you have a salty bunch.

First Timothy 2:12 was a great one if you had a female teacher.

Hopefully I got that one right.
Went to Christian school. As a sophomore it was my turn to do devotion. I did this verse. I was given detention. My dad came in and said this is BS. Detention forgiven. Never was asked to do devotion again though.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Went to Christian school. As a sophomore it was my turn to do devotion. I did this verse. I was given detention. My dad came in and said this is BS. Detention forgiven. Never was asked to do devotion again though.
Some of the other favorites were all the WWJD signs, and being able to flip over tables and beat people.

Hijacking the learning about the Pope's were awesome too. Pretty much any vice that has ever existed you can find in the records of the Papacy. Dying while having sex was (not) so supringlsy common

Reactions: volfanhill
The death penalty shouldn't be about vengeance. It's about punishment, but it's also a form of self-defense. And I'm not sure I see life imprisonment as adequate punishment when there's a fair argument to be made those guys have it better than our homeless population.
Well that should change. No TV. They can read the Bible if they do choose. Isolation 23 hours each day in a small cell. Once a year hand them a rope that they can use to end it should they so choose. No exercise equipment, no recreation equipment. Basic sustenance. Nothing else. And their cell should have a life sized picture of their victims.

My fallen core would love to see in-kind executions. But I can't let myself think that way. We are all Imago Dei, even those who commit the most heinous of crimes. Eric Boyd may have committed the crime physically, but how many of us have committed similar crimes in our hearts and minds?

That is why I push back so hard on othering and binary thought - when we highlight and focus on the differences and make them into insurmountable obstacles for those who differ from us to cross, we are only a step away from no longer seeing those different than us as not being Imago Dei.

Othering is the oxygen supply that feeds the flames of tyranny.
You need to up the meds if you believe “all of us” desire to keep rape, torture and murder in our “hearts and minds”

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back