JJ Peterson's status, requirements and timetable after classes begin

This was such a tease.... and what was the point? The Grumors at least made sense. It's the kind of thing that really can frustrate a loyal fan base into throwing up their hands. I love the Vols, but give me a break. This guy was never going to be a member of the 2018 team.

But, but just imagine what the hell we would have done for 6 months if we didn't have the daily GrumorMill to keep us all looking at VN every day?? And think that you might have been the only person with undeniable empirical information that Grudes was not headed our way. Wish I was smart.

5pm tmr....but even Hubbs said tonight on the radio hes not even sure that is set in stone as far as an appeal could go. I would say it’s highly unlikely he ever plays here though. My question is why he waited so long to get qualified?

My thought is this: I want playmakers that will help us win. JJ Peterson almost certainly fit that bill. But let’s not pretend he didn’t know the academic expectation from the first day of his senior year of high school. I am not at all bashing the kid because I barely graduated high school myself with like a 1.06 GPA. I definitely couldn’t get in to a UT-like school. But I also wasn’t offered an athletic scholarship. I hate it for him, but he has no one to blame but himself. And I’m sure he knows that already. Some kids just need to learn the hard way. I hope he makes it to UT and everything pans out, but if not, maybe going JUCO to have to work his way back will be the best thing for him in the long run.

Reactions: bpalmer28
I loved it ...I believe without that thread we would have ended up with Schiano..It was home-base for individuals who ended up writing letters to Bev etc and spreading outrage on social media. How do we post gifs on this new site btw..Anyone?

1535676559032.gif

Yeah, don't worry too much about the folks who didn't get it, Reb. It's their loss.

And you're right, it absolutely was not just about Gruden. I was amazed to find such a tight-knit, fun-loving and enjoyable community hidden inside VolNation. I was never a Grudenite, but I really enjoyed the opportunity to spend time with them for a couple of months. They are a really good crowd, good people.

So some folks don't get that, never looked close enough to find out. *shrug* No skin off the noses of those on the inside, right?

Right!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Screenshot_20180830-213723.png
Looks to me if he didn't register by today, barring some type of exception from the University then he is probably not a VOL. That being said he could possibly have registered with Tennessee and still be waiting on clearing house..... Who knows.

If he felt confident he’d be cleared by NCAA why not at least enroll in classes by now and come to campus already?

My thought is this: I want playmakers that will help us win. JJ Peterson almost certainly fit that bill. But let’s not pretend he didn’t know the academic expectation from the first day of his senior year of high school. I am not at all bashing the kid because I barely graduated high school myself with like a 1.06 GPA. I definitely couldn’t get in to a UT-like school. But I also wasn’t offered an athletic scholarship. I hate it for him, but he has no one to blame but himself. And I’m sure he knows that already. Some kids just need to learn the hard way. I hope he makes it to UT and everything pans out, but if not, maybe going JUCO to have to work his way back will be the best thing for him in the long run.
Did you ever find a ride? This question has bothered me for a while now.

JJ would only have to go to JUCO if the NCAA Clearinghouse rejects his test score/transcript for some reason.

If his test score/transcript is approved by the NCAA Clearinghouse after the UT Drop/Add date this semester, then he can enroll at UT in January. He would still count against the 2018 numbers. He could go through spring practice and be ready for the 2019 season. This is probably the most likely scenario now.

Well, this isn't like the Grumors that we had a year ago during the coaching search. Austin Price did say that Peterson was definitely coming on the Swain event and Coach Pruitt said that he was coming he just had a couple more things to do. So, it isn't like this is all just wishful thinking and speculation. We were given every indication by credible sources that Peterson was coming to Tennessee this year to play football and there is no reason for the academic guys in the athletic department to not know whether or not this was going to happen. So, if this doesn't go down then something has gone wrong somewhere and it disappoints me that there is lack of competence with the University that would allow such a mishap to occur.

JJ would only have to go to JUCO if the NCAA Clearinghouse rejects his test score/transcript for some reason.

If his test score/transcript is approved by the NCAA Clearinghouse after the UT Drop/Add date this semester, then he can enroll at UT in January. He would still count against the 2018 numbers. He could go through spring practice and be ready for the 2019 season. This is probably the most likely scenario now.

Just out of curiosity, why do you see this as a more likely scenario than him going JUCO?

Reactions: bpalmer28
Just out of curiosity, why do you see this as a more likely scenario than him going JUCO?

IMO it is more likely JJ's transcript eventually gets approved by the NCAA. I think it was asking too much for the NCAA to approve a transcript (apparently with a few very late class repeats) in a couple days.

Very unfortunate that he has been unable to get cleared. So much promise in him, but I'm not feeling so hot at this point.

VN Store

Back