Joe Milton tonight

Joe's performance was worthy of a thread. Fantastic first outing and so happy to see all the support from the New England fans. Rooting for you Joe.
IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ONE. Joe looked amazing. No doubt he will be sticking around NFL rosters for a long time to come.

The more players, especially QBs, we have on NFL rosters the better our recruiting will be.

If Nico gets drafted in the 1st round are we the new QB U? I’m gonna say yes.. because why not. 😂

very hard to shake any rep given to you on VN but it's a new day for Joe
Very true. It was a good performance and I hope he does well. In saying that, it was also against a lot of guys that probably won't make the team, rookies or practice squad guys. I definitely wanna see how he does against ones and two's. It's also a matter of if New England carries 2 or 3 QB's. He could end up on the practice squad, but hopefully they carry 3. Right now he's running 3rd, at best.

The better he plays and the looks, the better it is for CJH and his QB system.

Talking heads kept repeating the coach's game plan for preseason games. Have to wonder why Mayo chose to save Joe for last. Did he hope he'd impress as he did? Players really seem to like Joe too. Call me IMPRESSED at Joe's 'first night out'.
PS When Jerod was asked in post game what players exceeded expectations his answer was 'JOE"

Last edited:
Talking heads kept repeating the coach's game plan for preseason games. Have to wonder why Mayo chose to save Joe for last. Did he hope he'd impress as he did? Players really seem to like Joe too. Call me IMPRESSED at Joe's 'first night out'.
PS When Jerod was asked in post game what players exceeded expectations his answer was 'JOE"
Most likely either Joe or Bailey Zappee is going to be cut. They already have a backup QB and probably won't keep 4 QBs. I think Zappee got more time because he has been there a while and played in some games. But in a small sample size, Joe outplayed Zappee.

Have to highlight that the head coach is a very successful former Vol as well

Most likely either Joe or Bailey Zappee is going to be cut. They already have a backup QB and probably won't keep 4 QBs. I think Zappee got more time because he has been there a while and played in some games. But in a small sample size, Joe outplayed Zappee.
Agree, Joe has more upside and higher ceiling. Everybody saw Zappee's ceiling last year and that is why they drafted 2 QBs. If Joe keeps playing like he did last night and stays consistent he will stay in the mix.

Hooker looked pretty good too.

Proud of our Vols

That was a heck of a run but I wouldn't want my QB laying booms on defenders. You're going to wind up getting lit up and taken out. Too many hungry QB's out there just waiting for their shot.
All and all. Proud of the UT QB's last night. Hope to see them more on Sundays

That was a heck of a run but I wouldn't want my QB laying booms on defenders. You're going to wind up getting lit up and taken out. Too many hungry QB's out there just waiting for their shot.
All and all. Proud of the UT QB's last night. Hope to see them more on Sundays
He is currently the backup trying to make some noise its all good.

VN Store

Back