John Adams fears WKU game

We have Butch. They have a quitter in Petrino! I'm still pissed about him leaving the Falcons in the middle of the night. I did play against WKU the year before they moved up to FBS or as we call it D1 and they beat us 63-3 or 63-6. Can't remember but it was ugly. At half it was 6-3. Then our lack of depth vs there quality depth showed. But the Vols will be fine this year. We are on our way back up.

You play for West Virginia Tech?

I didn't really fear arkansas when petrino was there to be honest.
The last time we played Arkansas with Petrino as coach was Nov. 12, 2011. How did that turn out? NOT TOO GOOD! 49-7 Arkansas. Perhaps you should have feared them.

The last time we played Arkansas with Petrino as coach was Nov. 12, 2011. How did that turn out? NOT TOO GOOD! 49-7 Arkansas. Perhaps you should have feared them.

Yeah that game had nothing to do with Worley making his first start on the road. Petrino is a good coach but so was the WKU coach who just left and Kiffin handled them in 09. They may keep it close early but we will pull away.

Reactions: 1 person
:yikes:We will win, be close at halftime, and then we will run the ball right at them and take control of the game in the fourth quarter, but now if we turn the ball over 5 times, yes they could beat us and then major major melt down on VOL NATION.

Maybe somebody needs to go tell CBJ that Petrino is coaching the Hilltoppers! When he finds out, I'm sure he will be in his office in the fetal position sucking his thumb trying to find a happy place.

Eh, this guy don't seem that scary.

pg2_petrino_opp_576.jpg

OLD BOBBY, heck you cant blame him:shaking2:What 50 plus and a couple of million, you cant blame a man for wonting to ride his Harley.

They won't be sneaking up on anyone after last year's success and hiring CBP.

John should have entitled this article: "This is my first chance to say something negative about Butch and Tennessee this season."

Petrino is a very good coach in spite of his issues in his personal life. We'll beat WKU but they aren't going to lay down for us.

We get to see them in action against Kentucky the week before. That will be a wake up call to not overlook them. We are coached as good or better and our talent is significantly better, it is a home game. They have a new coach/scheme just like us.

Our defense will give up an average of 17 points (minimum) less than last year. Offense is starting to gel and Palardy will be much better than last year due to more pressure situation training.

We should win by 17+ but nothing should be taken for granted.

I like John Adams and he is usually very positive on the Vols. This is just a what if scenario. It is hard to say who I would want to beat more: Bama or Gators.

He mentioned WKY having to replace front four on D line. Our O-line has a chance to really dominate some greenhorns and that alone should be the difference in the game. They also have to replace 3 on O-Line. Their QB will be violated early and often by McCullers and crew.

If Sal was still here, I would be worried.

I like John Adams and he is usually very positive on the Vols. This is just a what if scenario. It is hard to say who I would want to beat more: Bama or Gators.

He mentioned WKY having to replace front four on D line. Our O-line has a chance to really dominate some greenhorns and that alone should be the difference in the game. They also have to replace 3 on O-Line. Their QB will be violated early and often by McCullers and crew.

If Sal was still here, I would be worried.

Usually?

Thats like saying you can usually see Halley's comet in the night sky.

i like john adams and he is usually very positive on the vols. This is just a what if scenario. It is hard to say who i would want to beat more: Bama or gators.

He mentioned wky having to replace front four on d line. Our o-line has a chance to really dominate some greenhorns and that alone should be the difference in the game. They also have to replace 3 on o-line. Their qb will be violated early and often by mccullers and crew.

If Sow was still here, i would be worried.

fyp

A WKU win would certainly make a strong argument for who is the better coach.

If the Vols do indeed lose to WK, this will be the start of fire Butch Jones era......no question about it, even if it's not warranted

Loosing to WK may really hurt the recruiting for 2014, you never know....we'll see

If the Vols do indeed lose to WK, this will be the start of fire Butch Jones era......no question about it, even if it's not warranted

You can count on that. Though I would be very disappointed.

Petrino is a very good coach, but he doesn't perform miracles. He was 5-7 his first year at Arkansas and I don't think Western Kentucky has the talent Arkansas had. Or close to it.

Folks made a big deal out of them because they went 8-4 in the Sun Belt last year. Add because they beat Kentucky by 1 pt. in OT. But we beat Kentucky by 2 TDs with an interim coach. They also lost to MTSU. And Louisiana. And most of their best players.

I'm not sweating this one.

VN Store

Back