John Chavis continues to build his Legacy

That's another thing. Fulmer was more than happy having John called a demeaning Indian nickname. Helped keep the competition for Phil's job status quo.

No kidding - I remember going to a fan day and Fulmer pulled everyone aside and asked that we refer to him as Chief.

I don't remember him as the ace recruiter in Knoxville that he's now regarded as...more of x's and o"s 101 Did CPF get credit for some of the Chief's homeruns?...Is my recall bad or did anybody else have that image?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Chavis indeed had a reputation as a lazy recruiter when he was here. When he got the LSU job, a lot of people said it was the perfect spot for him because he'd get top-shelf talent without having to even go through the motions of recruiting.

I have no idea what the reality is, but his reputation as a recruiter was never good.

Chavis indeed had a reputation as a lazy recruiter when he was here. When he got the LSU job, a lot of people said it was the perfect spot for him because he'd get top-shelf talent without having to even go through the motions of recruiting.

I have no idea what the reality is, but his reputation as a recruiter was never good.

I thought it was the travel he didn't like. If I remember correctly once a recruit was on campus he did pretty dang well.

You claim to be 41yoa and ask that? :loco:

I'm 53 and to be called Chief is a nickname of respect. I don't know, I guess I didn't grow up in the panty waist, politically correct, mama's tit in your mouth until you are 5 world that you grew up in.

Commander in

Doesn't sound like he minds the name much. When your players call you Chief, it is with respect.

“Chief is all around, you know, when it comes to football, getting us to perform well,” Brockers said. “I mean, he’s Chief. He’s out there telling us what we have to do and kind of correcting us on our mistakes.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm 53 and to be called Chief is a nickname of respect. I don't know, I guess I didn't grow up in the panty waist, politically correct, mama's tit in your mouth until you are 5 world that you grew up in.

Commander in

Doesn't sound like he minds the name much. When your players call you Chief, it is with respect.

Yep.

I'll add that Chief is also the highest rank an enlisted man can acheive in the USN. Well...Master Chief.

Chief is a demeaning nickname and Phil isn't?

Chief means he is the guy in charge, which equals cool nickname. Not to mention, he's had that nickname for many years now and if he's cool with it I don't see why anyone else wouldn't be.

Also, Phat, by definition, means very good, excellent, "cool"

So, what exactly is the point of being upset about these things that don't matter at all?

VN Store

Back