Johnny Majors thinks UT will be more disciplined under Butch Jones

VolBraniac

Bigly Membered
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/may/02/johnny-majors-thinks-ut-will-be-more-disciplined/

“I like what he has to say, and I like the way he says it,” Majors said.

“My first impressions are that he’s a man of earnestness, enthusiasm and high energy,” Majors told the News Sentinel during a break in the signing. “I would think he’d be very believable to the players he’s coaching and the players he’s trying to recruit.”
Majors also was impressed by Jones’ practices, which incorporate some new elements like music and microphone commentary from Jones but are driven by the same fast-paced philosophy that Majors used to run his practices.

:good!:

Reactions: 7 people
I like what he said about being "believable". I think that's precisely what Dooley lacked.

Reactions: 2 people
I like what he said about being "believable". I think that's precisely what Dooley lacked.

Agreed. I heard a current player say that now it was more than just going to work. They want to be there, they have fun, and there's always competition and accountability.

Dooley tried to be Saban, and he failed. Butch is just being Butch

Reactions: 4 people
Is he sober enough to take seriously? He also endorsed Dooley. That said, I do agree with him. :)

Reactions: 1 person
I have a hard time believing anything Majors says is not somehow aimed at Fulmer, no matter how remotely connected or not.

Reactions: 5 people
Is he sober enough to take seriously? He also endorsed Dooley. That said, I do agree with him. :)

He's endorsed every coach since CPF. Not sure it means a whole lot.

In fact, the only coach he hasn't endorsed over the last 25 years won a national championship... Maybe it's the kiss of death?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Were gonna build a winning team under Jones he can recruit and he can coach that is all you need to be a winner.

Reactions: 1 person
Were gonna build a winning team under Jones he can recruit and he can coach that is all you need to be a winner.

Recruiting is 80% of the battle u get the top talent n have average coaching u win 8 Or 9 games... throw n above average coaching u have great seasons..

Cbj is selling tn n we r having great results we just need to keep up the mo with 8 wins this season ..

Agreed. I heard a current player say that now it was more than just going to work. They want to be there, they have fun, and there's always competition and accountability.

Dooley tried to be Saban, and he failed. Butch is just being Butch

Baloney. Dooley failed miserably at being Dooley. Your turn Butch.

VN Store

Back