Josh Heupel Show

I just watched it online...Josh certainly "mailed it in"...I know it's listed in his contract, and this one looked like he/Bob quickly taped (he was only on camera about 7 minutes of the hour...the rest was prepared story/packages and LOTS of ADs to charge companies for) between after game Preser and his shower last night quickly after the game.

Here's CLASSIC Johnny Majors Show

and...of course...Baldor's Show...

DoY4AvyW0AA6RQE.jpg

LOL at Beldar. In his first shows he was still in his game clothes and looked like he had been asleep on the couch. Finally somebody bought him an ill-fitting suit and an ugly tie but he wouldn’t wear orange.

In his first show Kessling asked him about running through the T and he said it was “different”. At the time, I was excited about the hire but when I heard that I thought uh-oh.

I just watched it online...Josh certainly "mailed it in"...I know it's listed in his contract, and this one looked like he/Bob quickly taped (he was only on camera about 7 minutes of the hour...the rest was prepared story/packages and LOTS of ADs to charge companies for) between after game Preser and his shower last night quickly after the game.

DoY4AvyW0AA6RQE.jpg

As bad as we were I looked forward to the coaches show when they had to start to try and screen calls because fans would roast Pruitt. Lol, id say that was must see tv

Reactions: LadyVolette
They should cut the “coach’s show”. Just have him recap the game on the weekly press conference since they’ll grill him on it anyway. Kinda don’t blame him for mailing it in.

Reactions: mackievol
I know I'm going to be blasted for being so negative, but I just saw the Josh Heupel Show and thought it was the worst coaches show I've ever seen. The thing I've always liked about UT's coaches show was the coach breaking down the plays during the showing of the highlights. Not only did Heupel not speak during the highlights, but they were way too short and most of them were from the field level angle and in slow motion. Some of the commercials ran longer than the second half highlights. Those canned features were great but can be shown anytime during the season. I want insights from the coaches and players about the game.
You can always get insights from Dave Hooker and that Calhoun boy. Of course it might not be to insightful. According to them this past week Seldon wouldn’t play even said it would be October and even hinted he might not play all year. They could tell by just reading Coach…lol. He not only played he was the first one to touch the ball this year. I love Hypes zero policy for giving away any insights.

You can always get insights from Dave Hooker and that Calhoun boy. Of course it might not be to insightful. According to them this past week Seldon wouldn’t play even said it would be October and even hinted he might not play all year. They could tell by just reading Coach…lol. He not only played he was the first one to touch the ball this year. I love Hypes zero policy for giving away any insights.
Calhoun is probably the must out of touch guy that claims to be vol media. If I'm not mistaken he lives in another state and I'm not so sure he doesn't get wacky info here and runs with it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Pretty sure I heard Calhoun say Peyton Lewis would be RB1 too at some point.

Still waiting for Dave Hooker to break that off-field trouble story on James Pearce Jr that he promised.

Reactions: mackievol
I know I'm going to be blasted for being so negative, but I just saw the Josh Heupel Show and thought it was the worst coaches show I've ever seen. The thing I've always liked about UT's coaches show was the coach breaking down the plays during the showing of the highlights. Not only did Heupel not speak during the highlights, but they were way too short and most of them were from the field level angle and in slow motion. Some of the commercials ran longer than the second half highlights. Those canned features were great but can be shown anytime during the season. I want insights from the coaches and players about the game.
I am not a fan of the new format but I get it. I’ve always thought, man the coach has to go do a show early morning after a long night. Now the coaches part is recorded after the game and edited content added in for the next days show. I guess it’ll do…. Go Big Orange! 🍊

Among the things I want my coach doing during his 80-hour in-season work week, taping a coach’s show is pretty low on the list. If he can do 30 minutes in a studio near the stadium while the traffic clears that’s more than enough.

Honestly, between late Saturday and lunch on Sunday, I would rather him spend some time with his family and get reset for the next week.
You are on target

The millions Heupel makes are for coaching, not being a TV football analyst.

Sure, it's part of the contract to do the show but it should be zero distraction (read: preparation) for Coach Heupel because there's a ton of preparation during the season for each game.

I'd MUCH rather he spend time preparing to lead the team against NC State than spend time trying to entertain me with a TV show.
Whether you like it or not, he's obligated to do the 30 min show. It doesn't bother me he doesn't have the personality for it. That 30 min isn't detracting from his game prep

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl
That's kinda my point. Do a good coaches show on Sunday where you answer most of the fans' questions there, you don't need the other pressers where you just repeat yourself. But let's face it, talking to the media, thus talking to the fans, is a very big part of a coach's job. Heupel knows this, that's why he thanks the fans nearly every time he talks. Without fans, those big salaries don't exist. If he doesn't need me as a fan of his coach's show, that's his loss, not mine.

ON the other hand, if EVERY discontented fan prioritizing SHOW performance reviews were to find another interest it would be no loss at all. IN FACT……….

Bottom line these were created when maybe 5% of all games were televised and there was no streaming live and replays available that could be augmented by board warriors hours before airing. I rate these complaints right up there with the crusades about the urinals. Right behind uniform combinations. Too many folks over value their own NEED TO KNOW. The most pertinent info is now severely limited by HIPAA. SHEESH!!!

When the coaches show was 1of 3 things to watch on TV I could understand people really looking forward to it. We’ve got 1000s of options now. And we’ve known for years that CJH doesn’t give away anything (be as boring as possible) to the media. He still comes in and fulfills his obligation. But if you’re looking for insight/information, well you’re not finding it on the coaches show, it’s been 20+ years since you have.

Reactions: General Jack

DoY4AvyW0AA6RQE.jpg

Yet so many people defended him and stood by him until the end. 🤦🏻‍♀️

VN Store

Back