JUCO DT DaVonte Lambert commits to UT

With this recruiting class, and now landing the elusive DT committ against the likes of UF, AUB, and UGA, and all the other things Butch has accomplished -

Has Butch Jones had the very best off season possible? I really don't see how he could be doing any better at this point?

Go VOLS! :rock:

Reactions: 2 people
With this recruiting class, and now landing the elusive DT committ against the likes of UF, AUB, and UGA, and all the other things Butch has accomplished -

Has Butch Jones had the very best off season possible? I really don't see how he could be doing any better at this point?

Go VOLS! :rock:

When he said he'd assemble the best staff in the country I thought he was crazy and making bold statements like Kiffin talking about FL but what we are seeing is amazing. Butch can walk and talk, at the same time.

Reactions: 5 people
To all those who said Martinez was a bad hire, he's listed as the lead recruiter for Lambert by Rivals. The guys not a DC, he failed miserably at Georgia, but the guys always been a heckuva recruiter and position coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Congratulations! Great pick-up. Of course I thought he would have looked better with some blue to complement the orange, but you guys are winning them this year.

Reactions: 8 people
55z0B.gif

:rock::rock::rock::pepper::pepper::yahoo::yahoo::boobies::elephant::td::run::baloon::fireworks:

One of my favorite gifs of all time.

I think CBJ’s selective recruiting of JUCO’s is shrewd. I believe he knows how impatient and hungry UT fans are. I believe he understands that he has a chance to create a legacy at the UT that may, just may, however remotely, rival the General and supersede Fulmer. Blasphemy, I know but bear with me a bit. The UT is at a low point, very low. Jones is calculatingly going after key JUCOs to promote faster and short term success. Long term too because I think he’s seeking to nurture a pipeline to certain JUCO programs. He’s also carefully recruiting in-state and out-state high schools, at the same time building very close and personal relationships with the coaches. Nothing new, Nick Saban does this too. But I think Jones’ personality and selling the point that his staff has been and will remain together, players will get consistent and systematic “development.” That they’re not coming to just play for the UT but coming to be developed into higher level players. So while he’s building brick by brick, he’s doing so with a Frank Crowe mentality.

Frank was a highly regarded engineer, known for building quality dams and building them fast. Indeed, under his supervision, Hoover Dam was completed two years ahead of schedule. Well. I think CBJ is very similar and shrewdly using the selective JUCO recruiting and high school recruiting tactics to do what Frank Crowe did with his dam building.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back