Just because.....CBJ video from UTSports

I keep imagining Dools trying to do a commercial like that!....and I keep making myself laugh thinking about it!

What's great is to have another coach that bleeds orange just like the fans do.

Go vols.

It ALWAYS boils down to $$$ regardless of university. How many coach's turned down Tennessee before Jones took the job? Don't get me wrong, I'm all in in supporting Coach Jones but lets be realistic. He has no ties to Tennessee other than cashing that fat check.

1) this is the only search CBJ was involved in at UT.
2) ONLY ONE COACH actually turned the job down after being offered and he is still at Louisville. IMO, he was NEVER coming. UT threw him a bone to get him a raise.
3) the ONLY other offer UT made was CBJ. I have maintained all along that Jones was the #1 target of the search to begin with. If not #1, then #1A.

I guess now you are going to tell us about the ties Saban had to Bama, Miles had to LSU, and Spurrier had to SC when you try to explain what a dumbass comment you made? And don't talk about $$ cause they weren't making bank (well, coaching bank anyway) when they started at those schools either.

nb4 you say Gruden turned us down......pfft

Reactions: 1 person
1) this is the only search CBJ was involved in at UT.
2) ONLY ONE COACH actually turned the job down after being offered and he is still at Louisville. IMO, he was NEVER coming. UT threw him a bone to get him a raise.
3) the ONLY other offer UT made was CBJ. I have maintained all along that Jones was the #1 target of the search to begin with. If not #1, then #1A.

I guess now you are going to tell us about the ties Saban had to Bama, Miles had to LSU, and Spurrier had to SC when you try to explain what a dumbass comment you made? And don't talk about $$ cause they weren't making bank (well, coaching bank anyway) when they started at those schools either.

nb4 you say Gruden turned us down......pfft

Nega-Gruden IMO

Well, where would you like to begin? Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU....and there are more. All those programs have a rich tradition full of success and the pay is much higher than UT's with athletic programs in much better financial shape than UT's. I love this college, but i don't let my love for the university detract me from reality.

The ONLY job that is POSSIBLY more prestigious than UT is Bama. That is because of the Bear being ingrained in many fans memories still. LSU is a joke. Prior to Miles they were a pushover. Texas had it's ups and downs, but honestly, how many games from the SEC are on every week and how many do you see from the Big 12 or 14 or 16 or whatever they are this season. They are getting ready to move over for A&M. Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC (probably the scummiest program in the nation), don't hold a candle to UT and the SEC. You need to go back and pull for your Big 10 home boys or where ever you came from.

Well, where would you like to begin? Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU....and there are more. All those programs have a rich tradition full of success and the pay is much higher than UT's with athletic programs in much better financial shape than UT's. I love this college, but i don't let my love for the university detract me from reality.

You lost me at LSU...

VN Store

Back