Kavares Tears 7th inning Double was a Home Run?

Could the umps have requested a review? Thought late game for certain rulings, like boundary, they could. If Yes, then I still have an ump issue. A big one .
Pretty sure Tony still had both challenges in his pocket. Not sure, but I don’t think the umpire discretionary reviews kick in until the eighth inning.

Last edited:
NO home run. Watch the NCAA highlight real on YT. The ball strikes the wall @ 18" to 2' to the right of the Creighton "Hosted by" lettering. Before the ball hits lock your eyes just to the right of the letter Y. The ball strikes directly to the right of the bottom of the Y and bounces directly to the CF as you would expect.

Start @ 10:22 mark ...
Championship Highlights

It was a homerun, no doubt in my mind after watching the replay frame by frame
Can you provide a screenshot with the ball above the line? I could not with just the replays of broadcast. It goes from nothing to ball bouncing back into field. No contact above or below the line. Try as I might.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Can you provide a screenshot with the ball above the line? I could not with just the replays of broadcast. It goes from nothing to ball bouncing back into field. No contact above or below the line. Try as I might.
This borders on hilarious, whether they are trolling ya or not. 😉

Only on VolNation can we continue to discuss a boundary decision by the umpire crew, in the national championship game 3, two weeks after we won the game. 🤣

We put the PF to shame…. Oh, wait…

This borders on hilarious, whether they are trolling ya or not. 😉

Only on VolNation can we continue to discuss a boundary decision by the umpire crew, in the national championship game 3, two weeks after we won the game. 🤣

We put the PF to shame…. Oh, wait…
Just like people to SHOW THEIR WORK when tossing stuff out there.

View attachment 656457This was the moment of impact. It hit the screen. I’ve circled the ball as it was hitting the screen.
This was the one i was talking about. It came from a twitter video, and you can track the trajectory of the ball. The white that is circled in red is the ball at the point it hits the mesh guardrail and it immediately changes trajectory. Credit Nighthawk for posting this.

Edit: not sure how the Turbovol post got added to this quote lol

Reactions: NighthawkVol
NO home run. Watch the NCAA highlight real on YT. The ball strikes the wall @ 18" to 2' to the right of the Creighton "Hosted by" lettering. Before the ball hits lock your eyes just to the right of the letter Y. The ball strikes directly to the right of the bottom of the Y and bounces directly to the CF as you would expect.

Start @ 10:22 mark ...
Championship Highlights
I rewatched several dozen times again with your points noted. I see the ball pass by that point but before doing so, you see it coming from the right top.

I- and others, are contending it has already struck the metal mesh right in front of that guy’s left knee. Before passing by that point, the ball was coming from the above and to the left (northwest) and moving down and to right (southeast) At that point the ball stops moving “southeast” and starts moving more “southwest”

The point on the wall you are pointing out the ball is moving southwest and appears to continues southwest. I don’t really see a direction change.

I don’t see a way that the baseball coming down from about 300 degrees can pass in front of that guys knee and then strike the wall below and to the left of that knee.

The direction changed somewhere above and to right above the spot you pointed out. It may not be that metal mesh but it’s not that far away

Btw, the dent to the right of the Creighton logo may be from Tears’s impact earlier in week. I can see the dent in the screenshot above. This is prior to ball impact anywhere.

And the young man to the right of that knee is seemingly reaching at a spot pretty close to what I feel was the impact point

Finally, I know a hit ball may slice or fade, but this in right center field. The likely trajectory would have it moving from left to right. (Most hits to right field by left handers do that) At @livefaith ‘s impact point, the ball is seen moving from right to left as it descends. This is because the ball has already impacted the wall or mesh above that point. (Angle of incidence equals angle of reflection)

Last edited:
This was the one i was talking about. It came from a twitter video, and you can track the trajectory of the ball. The white that is circled in red is the ball at the point it hits the mesh guardrail and it immediately changes trajectory. Credit Nighthawk for posting this.

Edit: not sure how the Turbovol post got added to this quote lol
Wanna be a believer, I see a red circle, but not the ball. Gonna have to replay the sequence again, cause that was a pretty wide shot and I don’t see either fielder. Thought they were close when it bounced off whatever it bounced off of. But that is a memory thing. Not great images to work with.

Wanna be a believer, I see a red circle, but not the ball. Gonna have to replay the sequence again, cause that was a pretty wide shot and I don’t see either fielder. Thought they were close when it bounced off whatever it bounced off of. But that is a memory thing. Not great images to work with.
It's in the above tweet around the 4 second mark. Pause it, and slowly move the slide, you'll see the white blur that is the ball around the dude in the white shirts knee. Agree it's not a great image, and we won, so who ultimately cares.

It's in the above tweet around the 4 second mark. Pause it, and slowly move the slide, you'll see the white blur that is the ball around the dude in the white shirts knee. Agree it's not a great image, and we won, so who ultimately cares.
YOU ARE RIGHT, i’M a believer. Paused the clip at 3 seconds enlarged the image and moved the frame with the white line and can CLEARLY see the ball bounce off the mesh above the yellow line at almost exactly the 4 second mark. Have to move SLOWLY to see it, but it is there. THANXXXX.

Screenshot won’t do it but this method will.

Yep definitely was off the mesh. Don't even need to slow it down. You focus on that spot in real speed you can see it bounce there.

YOU ARE RIGHT, i’M a believer. Paused the clip at 3 seconds enlarged the image and moved the frame with the white line and can CLEARLY see the ball bounce off the mesh above the yellow line at almost exactly the 4 second mark. Have to move SLOWLY to see it, but it is there. THANXXXX.

You can first see the ball just below the knee of the guy in black pants, and follow it back across the yellow line and descending in front of wall.

Reactions: Godfatha

You can first see the ball just below the knee of the guy in black pants, and follow it back across the yellow line and descending in front of wall.
Et tu? 🤣🤣🤣
…doesn’t matter. Scoreboard.

Effective off season controversy has been established, until the first fubar referee call in a football game.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back