Kenny O'Neal info

I remember Gatlin is claimed as 3.85 of 40. Maybe there is nobody in the world could be faster...

O'Neal listed less than 4.4 sec, so is Vinson. BOth of them gonna be faster than Wade

I don't believe in the easter bunny, and I don't believe in sub-4.1 40's.

And, yes, I realize that justin gatlin is the fastest man in the world.

I think Gerald will start at WR next year and that he will also get his shot at returning kickoffs and punts.. He returned punts this year and maybe got a chance to return about 8-10 of them.. teams just started kicking the ball pretty much out of bounds.. He returned 2 punts and each time he did we were in punt safe, so he had 0 blocking... He returned KO's also but teams just started kicking high and short.. Now looking back, teams were limited to giving us the ball on about the 40 (not smart) or kicking to G (really not smart)....

No problem.. I know what Gerald can do.. He is as talented as any kid in the country.. Like I have said before if our school was 6A here in Oklahoma he would be one of the top 10 players in the country.. He gets hosed a little because of our classification.. From what I have heard from, Stoops, Fulmer, Weiss, Meyer, Leach and a bunch of others, they think his talents are very very comparible to Reggie Bush.. Meyer was even qouted to say that he is the closest kid to Bush coming out in the last 2-3 years...

I think everyone needs to temper their enthusiasm for these kids until they actuall enroll in school and catch a pass...or run...or block...or tackle.

SEC is a totally different game, and it takes a SPECIAL player to come in and do much of anything. And it's tough to know just who those guys are until they get here and do it.

There aren't many Jamal Lewis, Carl Pickens, Chuck Webb type players out there.

I think everyone needs to temper their enthusiasm for these kids until they actuall enroll in school and catch a pass...or run...or block...or tackle.

SEC is a totally different game, and it takes a SPECIAL player to come in and do much of anything. And it's tough to know just who those guys are until they get here and do it.

There aren't many Jamal Lewis, Carl Pickens, Chuck Webb type players out there.

Yeah and two out of those three players didn't do SQUAT in the NFL. Plus Chuck Webb was kicked off the team for the "Riding the White Pony" I believe.

I'm pretty sure Pickens was all pro a few times and had great stats on a terrible team. He played for 8 or 9 years if I remember right.

Most irrelevant post ever.

Look, say whatever you want to. The fact of the matter is anyone can do good in the type of system you put them in. Pickens and Webb were very explosive at times, and were good players but no means the best ever to come thru here. Pickens left early and Webb never panned out in a sense. Are they busts?? By no means are they a bust. I believe that to truly measure a players potential, is by seeing what they do for 4 YEARS. The SEC is the most physical conference in the NCAA, but like I said anyone can play well in the type of system they are in for 1 or 2 years. The best though do it for 4 straight years. Peyton Manning may never have won a NC or a Heisman, but the man has my respect for being probably the classiest person ever to grace Neyland Stadium as a player. Jamal also was a very good player, but after what he got in trouble for and he was doing it while in school so the respect factor drops considerably. I would rather have a graduation rate of 80-90% of our football players than to have someone play here, have a good season, and bolt for the NFL.

Look, say whatever you want to. The fact of the matter is anyone can do good in the type of system you put them in. Pickens and Webb were very explosive at times, and were good players but no means the best ever to come thru here. Pickens left early and Webb never panned out in a sense. Are they busts?? By no means are they a bust. I believe that to truly measure a players potential, is by seeing what they do for 4 YEARS. The SEC is the most physical conference in the NCAA, but like I said anyone can play well in the type of system they are in for 1 or 2 years. The best though do it for 4 straight years. Peyton Manning may never have won a NC or a Heisman, but the man has my respect for being probably the classiest person ever to grace Neyland Stadium as a player. Jamal also was a very good player, but after what he got in trouble for and he was doing it while in school so the respect factor drops considerably. I would rather have a graduation rate of 80-90% of our football players than to have someone play here, have a good season, and bolt for the NFL.

The pro success of former Vols has nothing to do with Kenny O'Neal. If being successful in the pros is the measuring stick for success at UT, then you can go ahead and call Tee Martin a bust.

The pro success of former Vols has nothing to do with Kenny O'Neal. If being successful in the pros is the measuring stick for success at UT, then you can go ahead and call Tee Martin a bust.

Where in that post that you quoted me on did I say anything about the NFL other than the last word?? I stated that about Webb and Pickens in my first post. They weren't busts, they did play, but one left early and the other one got got doing cocaine. I just used the NFL as a measuring stick and maybe I shouldn't have, but that's my right. I think that we have had some great players to come through here, and are in the Top 5 in players drafted to the NFL since like 94 or something like that. I just want to be excited about players coming here is all. They may never have played a down yet, but it sure helps the burn of bad defeats we suffered at the hands of FL, LSU, ARKY, and Penn St. I just want to have players stay around and prove that they can do it every Saturday for 4 years effectively, before I call them "Great Players". I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Donte Stallworth debacle that Kelly Washington caused before he became the 4th string receiver for Cincy. Sorry I am not perfect like you kptvol, but I think differently than you and this is an internet message board anyways.

Off Topic but most will agree that Webb and Pickens were two of the most talented players to play for the Vols.

Where in that post that you quoted me on did I say anything about the NFL other than the last word?? I stated that about Webb and Pickens in my first post. They weren't busts, they did play, but one left early and the other one got got doing cocaine. I just used the NFL as a measuring stick and maybe I shouldn't have, but that's my right. I think that we have had some great players to come through here, and are in the Top 5 in players drafted to the NFL since like 94 or something like that. I just want to be excited about players coming here is all. They may never have played a down yet, but it sure helps the burn of bad defeats we suffered at the hands of FL, LSU, ARKY, and Penn St. I just want to have players stay around and prove that they can do it every Saturday for 4 years effectively, before I call them "Great Players". I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Donte Stallworth debacle that Kelly Washington caused before he became the 4th string receiver for Cincy. Sorry I am not perfect like you kptvol, but I think differently than you and this is an internet message board anyways.

First off, you are the one that claimed that several Vols didn't do "squat" in the NFL for no reason at all. Now you are saying they weren't busts? I think it's great to get excited about incoming players. I don't see how that is at all related to how some of our old players performed in the pros. Also, don't try to blame Kelley Washington for Donte Stallworth's decision to turn pro. Thanks for telling me I'm perfect.

First off, you are the one that claimed that several Vols didn't do "squat" in the NFL for no reason at all. Now you are saying they weren't busts? I think it's great to get excited about incoming players. I don't see how that is at all related to how some of our old players performed in the pros. Also, don't try to blame Kelley Washington for Donte Stallworth's decision to turn pro. Thanks for telling me I'm perfect.

Ummm, Kelly and Donte had a bet to see who would get drafted higher, but right before the deadline to declare for the draft Washington withdrew his name and Stallworth didn't get to in time. Also, if you read, I mean actually read my posts I never said EITHER one was a bust. I would consider Webb a bust to a degree, but neither was. The only thing I said was "Yeah and two out of those three players didn't do SQUAT in the NFL. Plus Chuck Webb was kicked off the team for the "Riding the White Pony" I believe." So before you put words in my mouth, you might want to make sure you are quoting me properly. I also pointed out that I may have made a mistake comparing SEC caliber players to what we put in the NFL. I also pointed out in my previous post before the one you said "Now you are saying they weren't busts?", that they weren't busts, never said ONE TIME that they were. I used the wrong measuring stick, my bad.

Ummm, Kelly and Donte had a bet to see who would get drafted higher, but right before the deadline to declare for the draft Washington withdrew his name and Stallworth didn't get to in time.

I'm sure Donte is really torn up that he declared for the draft and went 14th overall. Fulmer has even said that if you are projected in the top 15, you should go ahead and leave early. Also, I highly doubt that if Stallworth didn't seriously want to leave, he would let a little bet keep him from college football. It was his decision, not anyone else's. If he could travel back in time, I guarantee he'd make the same decision again.

I'm sure Donte is really torn up that he declared for the draft and went 14th overall. Fulmer has even said that if you are projected in the top 15, you should go ahead and leave early. Also, I highly doubt that if Stallworth didn't seriously want to leave, he would let a little bet keep him from college football. It was his decision, not anyone else's. If he could travel back in time, I guarantee he'd make the same decision again.

Really so why did he try and rescind his decision??

PLUS: COLLEGE FOOTBALL; Tennessee Receiver Wants to Stay - Free Preview - The New York Times

He got screwed by Washington, as did UT to be just completely honest.

Carl Pickens had a 3 year span where he averaged 90 rec, 1180 yards, and 13 TDs.

He also had another year with over 1000 yards receiving. Not a hall of fame career, but 4 great seasons and 3 solid seasons is a good career.

VN Store

Back