Kentucky - Georgia Game Thread

There's a big difference between that and a player getting flopping over because he deliberately tried to get run into, especially when neither of them had the ball. What happened to, "If it ain't rough, it ain't right"?
So, there should never be a charge call. The defenders are always trying to deliberately get run into.

it doesn't, he was instructed...i could tell by CBG confused look on Billy Boy's face. Pretty pitiful the co-COY would not know the rules on that play. Real Classy. I hope they get punked out of the NIT in an early round.

it doesn't, he was instructed...i could tell by CBG confused look on Billy Boy's face. Pretty pitiful the co-COY would not know the rules on that play. Real Classy. I hope they get punked out of the NIT in an early round.

1st off, they aren't going to the NIT.

2nd, I don't believe for one second he told him to block the shot. I think he had a lane violation and panicked. At worst, BCG forgot the rule changed.

So, there should never be a charge call. The defenders are always trying to deliberately get run into.

Those guys have the ball. That was a good no-call by the refs. It was obviously a cheap The "foul" commited didn't hinder the play. If the pick was made to get the passer open, he wouldn't have called a timeout immideatly after seeing there was a no call.

There's that much physical contact on half the rebounds in a game. If they're going to call it that way, fine, but call it that way EVERY TIME so that the rest of us can go watch something else instead of free-throw shooting contests.

There is nowhere near that kind of collision on rebounds. If there were, they'd be calling it. He knocked Bradley off his feet and 6 feet from where he was standing. That's a foul, I don't care if you play for Satan.

I don't think people react that fast. He just, in split second, decided to jump and block it. Nobody calls lane violations, his natural reaction would have been to step back.

Those guys have the ball. That was a good no-call by the refs. It was obviously a cheap The "foul" commited didn't hinder the play. If the pick was made to get the passer open, he wouldn't have called a timeout immideatly after seeing there was a no call.

Ever think that kid didn't know what to do? If you saw one of your teammates get trucked by someone twice his size would you just keep going? Doubt it.

I don't think people react that fast. He just, in split second, decided to jump and block it. Nobody calls lane violations, his natural reaction would have been to step back.

He did step back. If he'd been told to do it, he wouldn't have been lining up like he as going to try and rebound, he'd have turned his body.

Well if your designing plays that are deemed successful based on whether or not the ref blows his whistle 94 feet from your basket, you're probably not in a good place. Should have focused more on holding a UGA team without their point guard to less points for 5 minutes.

Ever think that kid didn't know what to do? If you saw one of your teammates get trucked by someone twice his size would you just keep going? Doubt it.

SEC player freezing up because a guy falls down. Doubt it. He would have found the open man that he was supposed to find when the pick was thrown.

SEC player freezing up because a guy falls down. Doubt it. He would have found the open man that he was supposed to find when the pick was thrown.

Falls down? You call that falling down?

I figured it out, we watched a different game, my bad.

Well if your designing plays that are deemed successful based on whether or not the ref blows his whistle 94 feet from your basket, you're probably not in a good place. Should have focused more on holding a UGA team without their point guard to less points for 5 minutes.

I don't disagree with you. The argument is a foul is a foul, not whether it means UK deserves to win or not.

you're right...he didn't fall down...he flopped. Do guys stop playing everytime someone gets knocked down. Absolutely not, you play to the whistle...period.

excellent point allvol. A very low basketball IQ call
it was not a low IQ call. It was a prayer and had a very good chance of working. They had no other shot besides friedly call in that instance.

Ramel's constant flopping didn't help either.

like you said earlier GoVols, if Bradley had been facing the inbounder, he would have gotten the call most likely. As it was, he was setting a pick by his body placement and I've never seen a ref call a foul on someone running into the pick. If they called that every time, the game would be a FT fest.

They had a timeout didn't they?..pass the ball into halfcourt and immediately call a timeout. Then you have roughly a second for a half court in bound play.

I'm saying there should be a heck of a lot more no-calls than there are. It's a hard, fast game played between enormous, physical guys. Why does there have to be a whistle every time they run into each other?

like you said earlier GoVols, if Bradley had been facing the inbounder, he would have gotten the call most likely. As it was, he was setting a pick by his body placement and I've never seen a ref call a foul on someone running into the pick. If they called that every time, the game would be a FT fest.

I very rarely see someone get run over setting a pick like that. To me, that would qualify as being out of control.

I do realize that its easier deciding this on the couch, but i've seen it done so many times that it should be on the coach's mind. You think Pearl runs a play like that?

I'm saying there should be a heck of a lot more no-calls than there are. It's a hard, fast game played between enormous, physical guys. Why does there have to be a whistle every time they run into each other?

B/c this game wasn't designed to look like the playgrounds of New York. If people want to play football, put on a helmet. Yes, it's a contact sport, but not a collision sport, and that's what that was, a collision.

I think we could agree to disagree, but can also all agree that it was a cheapie play call designed to steal a win & punk UGA.

I very rarely see someone get run over setting a pick like that. To me, that would qualify as being out of control.

to be fair, it's usually the big guy setting a pick on a little guy so you don't have the same reaction.

CBG, if he wasn't looking to get a cheap call, should have used Stevenson if he really wanted to set a legit pick.

He knew what he was doing by having Bradley set that.

B/c this game wasn't designed to look like the playgrounds of New York. If people want to play football, put on a helmet. Yes, it's a contact sport, but not a collision sport, and that's what that was, a collision.

It only looked rough because Bradley accentuated it it by flopping, as he was supposed to do. How much of a collision can it possibly be when the Georgia player who ran into him was standing in place immediately beforehand?

Again, I'm not really arguing that it "shouldn't" have been a foul. But if the game of basketball is designed such that that measly amount of contact is supposed to be able to decide a conference tournament game, then I should have just been watching the Six Nations Rugby Tournament today instead. If I wanted to watch girls play, I'd be down at the playground for the big hopscotch tournament.

VN Store

Back