Kentucky Violations, Agrees to Vacate Wins

So the Citrus Bowl against Iowa essentially never happened? Bizarro world.

Iowa fan chant: “We didn’t lose! We didn’t lose!”

Reactions: ArdentVol
I have no clue, but Miss State won in 21 so it is a moot point. In 22 Kentucky won. Heard that it extended to 22 season. Basically Leach is 1 win away from being eligible for the HOF. He is one coach that deserves to be there.
Is there anyone more deserving with too few wins?
Could he be eligible as a coordinator?

Not sure it works that way, Kentucky vacates the win but MSU doesn't get a win is my understanding. Anybody else confirm or deny?
Correct

A forfeit changes a school's original win or tie into a loss and its opponent's original loss or tie into a win. A vacated game is expunged from a school's record, although its opponent's record is not changed.

Reactions: DonDiego
That’s why I looked it up and posted it. I was curious.

I wonder if this now means that Iowa won the Citrus Bowl.
I believe that when a team has to vacate wins, it only affects the team vacating the wins. Those wins become losses, but the other teams cannot count the games as wins.

I could be wrong, but I don't have the energy to dig into anything related to Kensucky

Reactions: DonDiego
does seem distracted, probably wishing he had taken the TAMU job
Yeah and the constant griping about not getting enough NIL from fans and boosters. It’s like he’s trying to either tick people off to get fired without cause or he’s trying to set up the fanbase for a bad season

Reactions: WillisWG
No show jobs funded by money earmarked for a children’s hospital is way more heinous than boosters or coaches paying players.
I mean when you put it that way it sounds way more scummy. Helluva lot worse than some free airplane trip to Knoxville.

Reactions: butchna
I believe that when a team has to vacate wins, it only affects the team vacating the wins. Those wins become losses, but the other teams cannot count the games as wins.

I could be wrong, but I don't have the energy to dig into anything related to Kensucky
The Ws get expunged from the school's record but the Ls remain, so UK went 0-3 in 21. Teams that lost to UK in 21 still record that loss.

Apparently the football team used 11 players that were ineligible during the 21 and 22 seasons.

They will be vacating wins where ineligible players participated. Looks like no penalties for Stoops and his staff...

Reactions: LexVol71
I don't like any team having to vacate wins, even Kensucky. It's a slap in the face to fanbases and everyone else who played in those games. Punish the coaches, wherever they are, for their wrongdoings, but don't punish the fanbases or the players. Rewriting history isn't the answer.

Reactions: jackaro
The “winningest coach” in Kensucky history has a 63-75 record.

😂😂😂😂😂
They don't all become 10 losses for the program. On Kentucky's end, it's like those games were never played... numbers-wise they essentially had a 3-game, 0-3 season in 2021.

So his coaching record would be 63-65.

So much for that 2nd 10 win season in UK history
Huh? Were people calling that their second 10+ win season? They had another 2 10+ win seasons (1950 and 1977) before Stoops even got there for that first 2018 10-3 season under him.

VN Store

Back