Knecht in the latest ESPN mock draft

Every team that has worked out DK, has been blown away. For all the people who think he will fall outside the top 15, I think you’ll be surprised. The rumor is that teams are sneakily moving him up the board, and there are a couple of teams willing to trade up to get him. I think the smart take is that he’s a top seven pick, but could be top five if things break his way.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mock him worse than pick 13 in the last month or so.

Also, depending on who drafts him, I’ll put a futures bet on him to win ROTY if the payout is good.

It honestly would not shock me to see him score 16+ per game with the right team in his rookie season due to his offensive maturity.

And I just don’t really see anyone else in this class outside Dillingham coming close to his offensive output in year 1.

Most players in this draft are projects.

Every team that has worked out DK, has been blown away. For all the people who think he will fall outside the top 15, I think you’ll be surprised. The rumor is that teams are sneakily moving him up the board, and there are a couple of teams willing to trade up to get him. I think the smart take is that he’s a top seven pick, but could be top five if things break his way.

Also, who has he worked out with? I only know of Portland

Man, just so happy for DK. Tons of doubters on his projection as a draft prospect this year because of his age, but he’s been working his ass off to prove them wrong. His film from pre-draft workouts that has been circulating around social media has been impressive. I mostly just hope he lands at a place that is a good, well-run organization that will set him up for success. I still think San Antonio is his best fit, but he may not be there at 8 and they seem determined to take a PG at 4.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mock him worse than pick 13 in the last month or so.

Also, depending on who drafts him, I’ll put a futures bet on him to win ROTY if the payout is good.

It honestly would not shock me to see him score 16+ per game with the right team in his rookie season due to his offensive maturity.

And I just don’t really see anyone else in this class outside Dillingham coming close to his offensive output in year 1.

My sub fifteen quip was aimed at people on the board who doubt his stock, not analysts. Portland is his only workout post combine, but I meant the combine too. The point being he’s moving up, not down.

Reactions: ArdentVol

Completely agree on ROTY, and 16 ppg. He’s physically and mentally more ready than any college player in the draft.

SB nation just dropped one with him at 14 8am today EST but in the same draft that have edey at 24 drafted after Holmes, Ware and Missi (IMHO kinda crazy) no way if the lakers are sitting at 17 they don't take Edey unless someone really big slipped..

But your point is solid most people have him going top 10. but my worry is this.. NBA is big on ageism. Ignore everything else look at all mock drafts and count the amount of Jr's and especially Sr's not only in the lottery (most have like tops 3 total) but in the whole first round. its kinda crazy. Its how guys like Austin Reeves and Alex Caruso slipped to the Lakers undrafted. Both of those guys are solid starters and at worst the man material and were that almost immediately. I think DK can be better than both of them based on what we have seen. I also really want the Lakers to get either DK (not likely at 17) of Edey because both of them answer the biggest needs my team has. They are both also really good fits in Memphis. Ignoring draft position.

2024 NBA Draft: Tennessee's Dalton Knecht, Purdue's Zach Edey among upperclassmen who can make instant impact​

click that very small link. :-/

Kinda wild Knecht and Devin Carter are the only upperclassmen projected in the lottery with only one other player over 19 projected (Donovan Clingan 20). 10 total players (out of 32) over 20 years old are projected in the first round overall. In contrast, 17 of the 28 second round picks are projected to be over 20.

As usual, the NBA covets youth over all things. DK's performance has allowed him to break the mold its kinda crazy that Reed Shepherd is looked at as going 2-4 while Knecht is projected in the 4-9 range. I think it really comes down to the type of team you are. Knecht is seen pretty much as a finished product. Reed is clay in the GM's mind.

The player that I find most intriguing is Edey. He only started playing basketball his freshman year of highschool period. Dude is kind of breaking all the rules. he played 4 years in college but he is still developing (as a player) He is also the rare big man that seems capable of playing serious minutes. Normally guys his size are 15-20 mins max guys even in college. This guys might be a 25-30 min guy which changes his whole value if he keeps developing his game at the rate he is. He and Knecht are 2 players whose NBA careers ill be following closely.

Knecht to the Spurs and Edey to Lakers would be really nice fits. But I feel like the Spurs are gonna go after a PG. I pray Knecht does not go to Detroit that's a graveyard. The spurs are in a position to redo what they did with Tim Duncan here.. they have 2 lottery picks 4 and 8 and 2 second rounders. They are projected to take Antonio Reeves with their last pick. There is a wild scenario where they could end up with Knecht and Edey Trade back the 4th pick along with a second rounder to the Blazers for 7 and 14. take Knecht at 7 and Edey at 14 spend the 8th pick on a PG. That would be a scary team in 2025 with Wemby, Knecht, Edey, Sochan and whatever PG they snatch at 8 (Carter, Dillingham?).

Can't wait to see where he lands tonight. If he does end up in Charlotte I'm going to have to go take in a game. Haven't been since they were the Bobcats lol.

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back