Knecht in the latest ESPN mock draft

Kentucky fan?…he’s playing summer league pump the brakes

Nope, enjoy exposing what I think will be bad takes. And I’m not talking about bc he had one good game. I just think he’s gonna be good (setting myself up for a potential bad take here to be exposed down the road).

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Are you trying to retroactively “dunk” on people for making predictions about a career through 2 games in the summer league? Maybe he ends up being an All-Star, but I stand by my post that I’m not sure he was worth the #3 pick. Only time will tell. It was a weak draft class so it certainly helped.

Are you trying to retroactively “dunk” on people for making predictions about a career through 2 games in the summer league? Maybe he ends up being an All-Star, but I stand by my post that I’m not sure he was worth the #3 pick. Only time will tell. It was a weak draft class so it certainly helped.

While giving everyone a chance to dunk on me in the future if he sucks when the real games are being played

He's gonna ball, bro. Generational shooter with an extremely high basketball IQ and feel for the game and sneaky good athleticism. He's so good. What are you guys watching?

He's gonna ball, bro. Generational shooter with an extremely high basketball IQ and feel for the game and sneaky good athleticism. He's so good. What are you guys watching?

Maybe he will end up being “so good” but that’s all relative. We don’t know yet. It’s Summer League.

It is just interesting to me how most in this thread agreed, or at least understood, the concerns some had with taking him #3 overall and whether he was truly worth a pick that high based on his Kentucky performance. Then he has two pretty good Summer League games and people are revisiting this thread and acting like it was always so obvious and clear that he is a “baller”.

Maybe he will end up being “so good” but that’s all relative. We don’t know yet. It’s Summer League.

It is just interesting to me how most in this thread agreed, or at least understood, the concerns some had with taking him #3 overall and whether he was truly worth a pick that high based on his Kentucky performance. Then he has two pretty good Summer League games and people are revisiting this thread and acting like it was always so obvious and clear that he is a “baller”.

Marco shouldn't be dunking on people yet, you are right, but I'm pretty surprised that anybody would have a problem with Reed at 3. His Kentucky performance was awesome and this is a weak draft. His shooting stats are unreal. I saw a table that showed all the different types of shots...catch and shoot, dribble hand-off, step-back, ball-screen 3, etc. and he was around 99th percentile at everything. Open 3's are layups for him.

Here is a quick profile I wrote on him in March, and this was before he put in his impressive combine numbers.

Reed Sheppard is such an interesting prospect to me. The 0 wingspan, and lack of physicality may be problems for him, but everything else is pretty amazing. I love his style of play. He treats the ball like a hot potato and keeps it moving. He either gets right into the action or he already pushed the ball upcourt with a pass to a streaking wing. He hits everything. 53% from 3p. He's hitting deep off screens, he's hitting off the bounce, catch and shoot, and in clutch moments. He gets so many steals.

Marco shouldn't be dunking on people yet, you are right, but I'm pretty surprised that anybody would have a problem with Reed at 3. His Kentucky performance was awesome and this is a weak draft. His shooting stats are unreal. I saw a table that showed all the different types of shots...catch and shoot, dribble hand-off, step-back, ball-screen 3, etc. and he was around 99th percentile at everything. Open 3's are layups for him.

Here is a quick profile I wrote on him in March, and this was before he put in his impressive combine numbers.
Do it in a nba game and I will agree

I love when Huff quotes himself

VN Store

Back