Knoxville Pledges $100 Million For "Urban Removal"

They are closing Bull Run arent they? Maybe you can make a claim once the SuperFund cleanup is finished. But I would bet that a few wealthy/campaign contributing contractors have first dibs.
I’m guessing that land will be condemned for a long time. In college I’d occasionally stay at my aunt’s house just across the street on edgemoore. It was pretty wild during a thunderstorm with lighting hitting the smokestack.

I also watched a tornado come right down edgemoore road about two weeks before the blizzard of 93.

Reactions: AM64 and davethevol
I’m guessing that land will be condemned for a long time. In college I’d occasionally stay at my aunt’s house just across the street on edgemoore. It was pretty wild during a thunderstorm with lighting hitting the smokestack.

I also watched a tornado come right down edgemoore road about two weeks before the blizzard of 93.
Storm of the Century. No power for a week or so.

No kidding. Where would it stop? Reason I loathe repressionism as there are no boundries for circumstance, history, or chroneology

Repressionism only destroys, it doesnt build or advance anything. Its like intersectionality, white privilege, etc... all it does is destroy

Not if AOC has her way and eliminates the industry to curtail them farting greenhouse gases.
I wonder what their idea is to what happens to all the food animals we have domesticated if we were al to stop eating meat.

I wonder what their idea is to what happens to all the food animals we have domesticated if we were al to stop eating meat.
Interesting hypothetical. But not many people will become vegetarians as long as beef, pork and chicken are plentiful and they can afford it. So the first question is, will it become illegal to eat meat or be taxed to the point you have to be rich to keep meat in your regular diet?

Reactions: AM64
Think my family could sue Appalachian Electric Power? In the 30s they used ED to take my great grandfathers farm, paid a paltry amounts for it since most was hillside and wasn’t going to be flooded. They turned around a few decades latter and sold a bunch of that now lakefront property for millions.

I think we deserve reparations.
I dont know about reparations, but its criminal to not return unused land taken like this or to take land and not use it for it's intended purpose. Sorry your family had to deal with it. My family still owns some land on the wrong side of the levy in LA.

Interesting hypothetical. But not many people will become vegetarians as long as beef, pork and chicken are plentiful and they can afford it. So the first question is, will it become illegal to eat meat or be taxed to the point you have to be rich to keep meat in your regular diet?
That's their intent. They will lie about it. Say it will increase food supply. Or the tax will help fight inequity or whatever. But it will take it away from the masses.

Government regulations on production of the methane to limit supply. All types of red tape to take away profits.

Same thing they do everywhere until the system breaks. They act shocked and horrified. The left will act like it's a failing of capitalism that the government and then justify more government.

That's their intent. They will lie about it. Say it will increase food supply. Or the tax will help fight inequity or whatever. But it will take it away from the masses.

Government regulations on production of the methane to limit supply. All types of red tape to take away profits.

Same thing they do everywhere until the system breaks. They act shocked and horrified. The left will act like it's a failing of capitalism that the government and then justify more government.
Guess I’ll have to start raising rabbits then.

I’m guessing you don’t gaf because your family wasn’t one that was uprooted.
Oh, and if you live in the city, you will pay reparations with your tax dollars. Thanks!!
Good idea let’s steal money from people that have no affiliation with the original sin that might have happened. That’ll fix race relations for sure

Revisionist history From my mom, most of the families “displaced” were renters that moved into one of the “new housing” development. The landlords came out just fine. Will be very interesting if we compensate slum lords family’s

I lived in Valley View Heights when I was little.

VN Store

Back