Lady Vols⚽️#23 Tennessee @ Alabama 7PM Sunday 9/22 ESPNU

Wow too bad no names !

Agree: It would be nice if they'd been identified. It's a big class. I didn't realize that we had 10 '24 commits. Is it possible some in the picture are '25 visitors/commits?

The two players on the far left of the front row, wearing the same outfits, are twin sisters Skylar and Sydney Miller from Va. Beach, VA and
the Richmond United Soccer club. Skylar is Prep Soccer's the 4th-ranked player in VA (a good soccer state). She and her sister are both midfielders.

I think the player standing behind the Millers might be Jasmine Boggs, a defender from Ashburn, Virginia and the VA Development Academy. She's got some good tape.

We've got another player from VA and Richmond United, a forward named Reese Mattern, who's got some very impressive tape. But I don't want to guess at which she is.

The tallish player in the middle of the back row might be Bella Smith, a midfielder from Missouri whom I think is our highest rated incoming player. Her U15 Kansas City Athletics team won the ECNL national championship in 2021.

Last edited:
I'm watching a good match between FSU (Pensky and Huff) and UNC. Two /good/ teams. The thing I notice that about FSU
is its team athleticism--good athletes at almost every position. Noticeably more athletic than we are, overall. We need more overall athleticism.
North Carolina is playing some very good soccer. It's 1-1 with 35 minutes to go.

A great corner-kick delivery by Huff is headed in by FSU's super freshman forward, Dudley, and the noles lead 2-1. Huff playing forward for FSU, and playing well. FSU has two forwards who are even faster and more athletic than Huff, which gives you an idea of the talent Pensky has. And they are quick in the back as well. We would not fare well trying to defend fsu, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Oh, my--what a game between UNC and FSU. Have to be the two best teams in the country. Maybe UCLA is as good--haven't seen them play.
UNC, though not as athletic as FSU, played some brilliant soccer in the second half, put lots of pressure on the FSU defense, then, trailing by a goal, scored twice in the last 15 minutes--including a brilliant goal with just over 4 minutes to go to maybe seal the win. But no: FSU gets a corner that's going to be the last play of the game, Huff sends in another excellent delivery, the UNC keeper punches it away, but it deflects and goes to a FSU player who lashes the ball out of the air and into the back of the net with 1 second to go. Great finish. UNC players were absolutely stunned, UNC coach Dorrance as upset as I've ever seen him--no doubt still smarting from losing the national championship last year on a last second corner-kick coal by UCLA.

Amazing game. UNC overall plays the better soccer, FSU very dangerous on the counters with its super-talented forwards...and we get a tie. UNC will by very unhappy to have conceded at the last.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
Oh, my--what a game between UNC and FSU. Have to be the two best teams in the country. Maybe UCLA is as good--haven't seen them play.
UNC, though not as athletic as FSU, played some brilliant soccer in the second half, put lots of pressure on the FSU defense, then, trailing by a goal, scored twice in the last 15 minutes--including a brilliant goal with just over 4 minutes to go to maybe seal the win. But no: FSU gets a corner that's going to be the last play of the game, Huff sends in another excellent delivery, the UNC keeper punches it away, but it deflects and goes to a FSU player who lashes the ball out of the air and into the back of the net with 1 second to go. Great finish. UNC players were absolutely stunned, UNC coach Dorrance as upset as I've ever seen him--no doubt still smarting from losing the national championship last year on a last second corner-kick coal by UCLA.

Amazing game. UNC overall plays the better soccer, FSU very dangerous on the counters with its super-talented forwards...and we get a tie. UNC will by very unhappy to have conceded at the last.
I can’t watch Pensky and Huff, it still stings.

I can’t watch Pensky and Huff, it still stings.

I agree. Stings badly--especially because FSU is so talented (Pensky will capitalize on the title-winning tradition established by Kirk Krikorian)
and Huff is so good (and yet only one of many good players on that team). FSU didn't even have Brown today--she's also with the Jamaican national team. They are loaded with talented forwards--and Huff is not having to spend two-thirds of her time playing defense like she did for us last year. It also stings because I'm not a believer in Kirt, whose talent-evaluation skills seem...not good. Maybe he'll be better when the kids he's been with for a few years have graduated--but he has a disturbing tendency to want to play veteran players who aren't especially good. With the right coach we could be a top 15 program--or better--and we were at the point of reaching that level when Pensky got hired away. You gotta have a top coach or it's all just wheel-spinning mediocrity. I watched this game because it was FSU vs. UNC, and it was certainly the best match I've seen this year. Those teams would run circles around our slowish defenders, I'm sorry to say.

What is the problem with the soccer program's social media person? It's bad enough that she typically posts the lineup about 3 minutes before
the start of the game--but tonight she didn't post it at all.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back