Lady Vols⚽️#23 Tennessee @ Alabama 7PM Sunday 9/22 ESPNU

Yea, the ref made a couple of screwy calls--but we were bad in the first half. I had to stop watching.

1) Our ball movement/possession is WAY too slow and predictable. It's pedestrian. We don't switch the field of play, as we should, players are too static.
2) Agresti is too passive. She needs to be more active and involved in possession. She's better than Washington in that she's seldom way out of position--but she's been a disappointment.
3) Michel plays too high and incautiously and nearly got burned 3 times. She's done this a lot. this season. It's especially dumb with an inexperienced CB partner in Washington.
4) We have no chemistry in attacking half. Runyon gets the ball outside the box and, as she has all year, continues to hold the ball and try to dribble around people and she just loses the ball.
5) Brown has been decent this year but like a lot of our players and the team, she plays rather slow.
6) I, for one, wonder about a coaching staff that doesn't have Lawton in the game until 20 minutes or so remaining in the first half. Has it escaped their notice that she's been our best player this season? I mean, seriously? Whatever her max minutes fitness level is, that's what she should be playing.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
Yea, the ref made a couple of screwy calls--but we were bad in the first half. I had to stop watching.

1) Our ball movement/possession is WAY too slow and predictable. It's pedestrian. We don't switch the field of play, as we should, players are too static.
2) Agresti is too passive. She needs to be more active and involved in possession. She's better than Washington in that she's seldom way out of position--but she's been a disappointment.
3) Michel plays too high and incautiously and nearly got burned 3 times. She's done this a lot. this season. It's especially dumb with an inexperienced CB partner in Washington.
4) We have no chemistry in attacking half. Runyon gets the ball outside the box and, as she has all year, continues to hold the ball and try to dribble around people and she just loses the ball.
5) Brown has been decent this year but like a lot of our players and the team, she plays rather slow.
6) I, for one, wonder about a coaching staff that doesn't have Lawton in the game until 20 minutes or so remaining in the first half. Has it escaped their notice that she's been our best player this season? I mean, seriously? Whatever her max minutes fitness level is, that's what she should be playing.
Brown is playing with an ankle injury as an fyi.

Reactions: MAD
Kirk does not have the respect of the refs that is obvious.
It’s about the respect for the coach? Must be a futbol thingie. Should be about what occurs on the pitch, between the lines. They do call those OB thingies lines, eh? 😉

I agree completely. Nelson made a weak, half-hearted kick right at the goal-keeper. Runyon will knock you down with it.
Don't know why Fusco was playing underhandedly tonight. Both of her cards were merited. She was close to tears when she was ejected. I guess she'll have to set out the first half of the next game too. Isn't that the way a red card works in soccer?

VN Store

Back