Lady Vols⚽️#23 Tennessee @ Alabama 7PM Sunday 9/22 ESPNU

Lsu is sure to be another tough match for us, especially because the tigers are coming off 2 straight losses and they, like us, badly
need a win. It's a team that is very unpredictable. Lsu has some impressive wins--over texas and georgia--and tied a good Pepperdine team.
But it has also lost to a mediocre Ole Miss and got waxed at home, 0-4, by middling florida. On Thursday it lost to South Carolina, away, by 0-1. The tigers looked pretty lackluster in the first half, picked things up a bit in the 2nd half, but only had 1 shot on goal against an always stingy South Carolilna side.

Our first priority, as it basically is for every team in every game, is to play sound and solid defensively. We've had more than a few careless mistakes and poor defensive play that has resulted in balls in our net. We just can't keep doing that. We were lucky to only give up 1 goal to a Kentucky team that is not very talented, or good, offensively. LSU has more attacking talent than Kentucky. While we badly need a win, and certainly could get it (who would have though florida would beat lsu by four goals in Baton Rouge?), I'd honestly be happy with another tie. It's much better than a loss, and all the more reason that we need to play good defense.

I'm not sure what is up with Renie but I was very surprised that she wasn't in the lineup last game. I saw her standing on the sideline at one point, and she was being animated about some play. I thought she'd cut her head---but a cut should heal in two weeks, no?
Great to see Renie back.

Reactions: brittannica
wow: we were outstanding in the first 30 minutes; did everything but put the ball in the net. Keeper made a good save on Runyon and then not sure who shot on the rebound--but it hit the keeper's foot and then was cleared off the line. Damn. My one complaint in that period was Nelson--her soft, flabby crosses are no good, and when we had both Runyon and Simmonds in the box and she could have centered to Runyon, she opts to take a weak shot with her left foot. Kirt greatly overestimates her abilities--but I'm not surprised. All of our crosses were poor---the biggest negative for me in that half.

Midgley was absolutely fantastic. Brilliant. One of the best performances by a Tennessee midfielder I've ever seen. Seriously. Everybody played well until I think we got tired and then we nearly gave up a goal, twice. When Agresti goes out, our defense suffers as Washington simply does not know who to mark and is often out of position.

We've got to keep the pressure on and yet stay vigilant in the back so we don't get burned on a counterattack. Let's get this one.

wow: we were outstanding in the first 30 minutes; did everything but put the ball in the net. Keeper made a good save on Runyon and then not sure who shot on the rebound--but it hit the keeper's foot and then was cleared off the line. Damn. My one complaint in that period was Nelson--her soft, flabby crosses are no good, and when we had both Runyon and Simmonds in the box and she could have centered to Runyon, she opts to take a weak shot with her left foot. Kirt greatly overestimates her abilities--but I'm not surprised. All of our crosses were poor---the biggest negative for me in that half.

Midgley was absolutely fantastic. Brilliant. One of the best performances by a Tennessee midfielder I've ever seen. Seriously. Everybody played well until I think we got tired and then we nearly gave up a goal, twice. When Agresti goes out, our defense suffers as Washington simply does not know who to mark and is often out of position.

We've got to keep the pressure on and yet stay vigilant in the back so we don't get burned on a counterattack. Let's get this one.
Yes the best effort for a entire half all year.

LSU is bigger and faster than us.

I did not see the 2nd half--but we apparently played it without two of our starting mids--Stayart and Agresti. And so G. Washington
and freshman Keaton played. That would certainly explain in part (and maybe large part) why our play went from very good to very bad in the second half.

VN Store

Back