LadyinOranges Official Countdown Thread

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
121 days, everybody!! And I'm gonna count down EVERY one of 'em!!

Actually, mine is up. I put it up last month before the final four and have been too lazy to change it........... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@May 9, 2004 9:14 AM
Actually, mine is up. I put it up last month before the final four and have been too lazy to change it........... :rolleyes:

That'll work. My neighbor keeps his icicle lights up all year long. When ChristX time comes, he just plugs 'em in!

:p :p :p

We need to figure out how many days til pracice starts. That way we can have one countdown that is a little shorter.

2004 Tennessee Football

IMPORTANT PRESEASON DATES
Feb. 27-28 Strength & Conditioning Clinic
March 19 Spring Practice Begins
April 1-3 2004 Tennessee Football Coaching Clinic
April 17 Orange & White Game (3 p.m.)
Aug. 4 Team Reports
Aug. 5 Practice Begins
Aug. 7 Preseason Media Day
Aug. 18 Classes Begin
Sept. 4 Season Opener vs. UNLV

Great!! Since you are the calendar math expert can you post both dates in this thread?

That will be great!! :thumbsup:

Oh....I GET it. I'm NOT allowed to have TWO threads.

:moon2: :biteme: :moon2: :biteme: :moon2:

Just kiddin'.

Delete the new countdown thread and I'll keep up with both of them in here.

;)

Luv ya, Freaky.

87 days till practice begins!!

117 till KICKOFF!!!

Now is the time to go through your Vol gear and find out what still fits and what doesn't! What doesn't should be given away, sold on eBay or in a yard sale or donated to a less - fortunate Vol fan. If your closet is bigger than mine you can even hoard it till it fits again! But under NO circumstance is any Vol gear in wearable condition to be thrown away. Some Vol fan, somewhere, WANTS that stuff!!

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

I was thinking just the other day that I need to clean out some of my Vol T-Shirts. It's gotten to the point that I can't close the drawer. :banghead:

Keep the countdown going, LIO. I, like you, can hardly wait for the season to get here... I'm also looking forward to when the sports page in KNS gets interesting again b/c of daily practice/scrimmage updates.

Gatorhater, I have just about decided that if KNS allows John Adams to post those asinine" picks panel" columns THIS year, that I am going to switch to utsports.com exclusively for Vol news. After Gary Lundy's anti-Casey column, I wrote the editor of the KNS BEGGING him to return the site to its previous glory as a REAL UT site. I told him all it would take was two little pink slips. One for Adams and one for Lundy.

LIO, I had to laugh when I read your response. I would love, love, love to be able to find the email that Gary Lundy sent me. I had emailed him about his anti-Casey column and very politely expressed my disagreement with him. In response, from Gary Lundy himself, I got a lengthy diatribe about Val Kilmer (???) and how people misunderstood the recent Rolling Stone article about him, and how journalistists like him just have to deal with the wrath of the public when they print the truth, regardless of how popular it may be. The response was soooooooooo far off the wall, that had it not been from a KNS email account, I would have thought it was a hoax. I'll dig a bit and see if I can find it - if so, I'll post it here for you to read. It was bizarre to say the least - where is this guy's head at??

Many thanks to Vol Freak for locating this for me - it was so bizarre that I sent it to him when I got it and he still had it archived somewhere. This is an excerpt from the email from Gary Lundy:

Maybe I should have taken a humorous approach instead of a serious approach. I am not making this up. Val Kilmer, in the Oct. 16 issue of Rolling Stone magazine, says he was misquoted. So now both ICEMEN have been misquoted and the news comes out the same day. Hmm, must be a media conspiracy.

Originally posted by Gatorhater@May 11, 2004 1:48 PM
Many thanks to Vol Freak for locating this for me - it was so bizarre that I sent it to him when I got it and he still had it archived somewhere. This is an excerpt from the email from Gary Lundy:

Maybe I should have taken a humorous approach instead of a serious approach. I am not making this up. Val Kilmer, in the Oct. 16 issue of Rolling Stone magazine, says he was misquoted. So now both ICEMEN have been misquoted and the news comes out the same day. Hmm, must be a media conspiracy.

That man gets more stupid everyday.......... :rolleyes: How does he keep a job! :bash:

VN Store

Back