LadyinOranges Official Countdown Thread

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@May 11, 2004 4:38 PM

Maybe I should have taken a humorous approach instead of a serious approach. I am not making this up. Val Kilmer, in the Oct. 16 issue of Rolling Stone magazine, says he was misquoted. So now both ICEMEN have been misquoted and the news comes out the same day. Hmm, must be a media conspiracy.

That man gets more stupid everyday.......... :rolleyes: How does he keep a job! :bash: [/quote]
Well, how stupid. I am sick of both him and John Adams. They try to MAKE news, not report it. :bad:

Alright, Vol faithful!

85 days till practice starts!!

116 till KICKOFF!! (They moved it to Sunday night. :bad: )

Now is a good time to look at your tailgating recipes and maybe cook a few up to anticipate the season. More on this theme (tailgating) to come later.

We are one day closer to KICKOFF!!

84 days till practice starts.

115 days till the Big Orange Nation opens the season on ESPN2 at night against UNLV!!

Are we ready or what??

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 13, 2004 11:21 AM
I'm ready. Put me in coach. :thumbsup:

Sorry son, I can't. You only got 2 votes in the QB poll.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm multi-talented. I can play all 22 positions on offense and defense as well as special teams. B)

Also, those 2 votes should be worth something. Anyway, I think you rigged the poll so that I wouldn't win. :bs:

;) :D

Alright, son. Your tenacity impressed me. Pick your position. It's yours.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I wouldn't know how to "rig a poll" if my life depended on it. I can barely start one.

:rlol:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 13, 2004 9:41 PM
I woun't know how to "rig a poll" if my life depended on it. I can barely start one.

:rlol:

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

Today's numbers are 83 and 114!!

Still much too long, but GETTING CLOSER!!!

How many car flags do y'all usually fly on gamedays??

I only use one.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 14, 2004 9:09 AM
Today's numbers are 83 and 114!!

Still much too long, but GETTING CLOSER!!!

How many car flags do y'all usually fly on gamedays??

I only use one.

I only have one. I really need a new one though. I used mine last year when we came up for the Miss. State game and by the time I drove 650 miles there it was all tore up!!! I sewed it back together for the Final Four!!! :lol: I think I will invest in a new one for this year!! ;)

i used to fly nine flags from my work van...i also had magnets all over it ....stickers on every window....and across the windshield, it said "IT'S GOOOOD!!!"...also....on my jepp gran cherokee, in the back glass...it said"GIVE HIM SIX".....you wouldn't believe how many people asked me what that meant when i moved up here to northern Missouri :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by rockytops36@May 14, 2004 10:52 PM
i used to fly nine flags from my work van...i alos had magnets all over it ....stickers on every window....and across the windsheild, it said "IT'S GOOOOD!!!"

pics please!! :D

I wouldn't mind seeing that myself. I have one car flag - the white power T on an orange background. My house flag is just like it, but wayyyy bigger! My house flag is new and I cannot wait to put it up!!

Freak, we need a UT flag smilie!!

Today's numbers are 82 and 113, and no, I'm not talking about the lottery!!

82 days till practice starts. That translates into ....

2 months and 21 days
11 weeks and 5 days

113 days till KICKOFF against UNLV. THAT translates into....

3 months and 21 days
16 weeks and 1 day till Vol fans around the nation and the world hear

Rocky Top, you'll always be
Home Sweet Home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top, Tennessee!!

GO VOLS!!

Me to, la.lovesorange!! Especially the original version!!

I don't care much for the techno version though. :bad:

81 days till practice starts!!

112 till we whup up on UNLV!! ( At least, I HOPE we do!! )

I would be interested in hearing about yall's pregame rituals if you have any. I usually get up on Saturday, clean house like a white tornado to work off some nervous energy, then get my daughter and myself decked out like Vol fans. She especially loves the face Power T tattoo! Also, if we lose a game, whatever I wear for that game, I do not wear again for the rest of the season. Silly, huh?
:p

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 16, 2004 1:25 PM
81 days till practice starts!!

112 till we whup up on UNLV!! ( At least, I HOPE we do!! )

I would be interested in hearing about yall's pregame rituals if you have any. I usually get up on Saturday, clean house like a white tornado to work off some nervous energy, then get my daughter and myself decked out like Vol fans. She especially loves the face Power T tattoo! Also, if we lose a game, whatever I wear for that game, I do not wear again for the rest of the season. Silly, huh?
:p

Being that I am a student at UT (I'll graduate in December) and I live in campus (woo Hotel Morrill)...I get up on Gameday...and I'l go help put shakers in the student section, then come back to the dorm and get lunch...then go over about thirty minutes early to the Vol Walk to be sure and get a good spot...then I try to yell and clap for every player by name...especially Kevin Simon, who I think hung the moon...

Then I walk over to Salute To The Hill...then I find my seat about 2 hours before kick-off and watch warm-ups.

VN Store

Back